AppToDate Not working on Voda X1

Guest johnb2007xxx

Guest johnb2007xxx

Been trying for days now - _lots_of network relying programs simply won't run on my Voda branded X1 device. I've deleted all Vodafone specific connections and replaced them w/my own. Also have a WiFi connection up and running. Strange thing is, some applications like Opera or the Dashwire panel just run fine, however other apps like Win Update, Windows Live or AppToDate show "Connection Error" in basically no time as if they wouldn't even try to connect. Total Commander exhibits another intresting behavior - the FTP plugin displays an error message about the network not working, however after clicking "OK" it happily displays the contents of my FTP. This is really driving me nuts... I'm hoping for some ideas on what to try from you guys.

Thx,

-John

Guest johnb2007xxx
Is there a proxy configured in 'Connections'?

P

Paul, Thanks for the swift reply. No, no proxy configured. vxTools ping and tracert don't show any problems accessing the network. Really strange, I think. X1 support just asked me to update the device, but there is no update available AFAIKT. My idea would have been that somewhere in the registry there's still a link to some Vodafone connections. However I think I've cleaned up perfectly and as _some_ apps are happy it cannot be a general configuration error. Would you be able to supply a version of AppToDate that does some logging? The progress bar comes up, but both "No Data" and "App To Date" are flagged as "FAILED" afterwards.

-John

Guest johnb2007xxx

GOT IT WORKIN'!!

Over at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3009489 I found a thread dealing with similar problems. The fix attached to the (German) post worked perfectly for me. Still strange how Voda managed to cripple just some apps but all (including AppToDate) work fine now both via WiFi and 3G. In case this helps someone else...

-John