Photo

The touch HD is FINALLY available on O2!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

SsSiIiMmM

SsSiIiMmM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Yup got mine changed too. You can call their freephone number they usually change it first time you ask. 0800 5874715
Source: http://forum.xda-dev...120#post3032120
Although possible problem: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?p=3063864

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Yes I saw that earlier. It's been just over 24 hours for me, will check again tomorrow and see if it's still there!

I still exist

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Good luck Mono. With the web bolt on it's a good deal - if you can't change the text one, not so good.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

MrRalphMan

MrRalphMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Axim X50v with WM05
Ordered mine Yesterday, Web site says it's in stock.
Got an Email yesterday evening stating that they cannot deliver next working day and will let me know when they can.
Called them today and they state it's out of stock, but they website still claims it's in stock.

Will have to see if there are any other deals or if I wait around for this one.

D8LOM

D8LOM

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:My third and current PPC phone is the Diamond as MDA Compact IV which I love and won't swap with anything in the world, yet!!!!- Wrong, just bought Touch HD!
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD
  • Twitter:@D8LOM
Paul,

I was thinking of buying the same package as you but when I contacted them couple of days ago asking them if I could return it, only if I'm not happy with the device or the contract...and this is the reply I go...

you can only return and cancel you phone/contract if the box has not been opened. i know it doesn't sound very fair but unfortunately that is our returns policy. any other related queries please give our sales team a call on 0800 081 3344.

--

Mitchell Carter
Sales Advisor
mobiles.co.uk
========================================

Mobiles.co.uk Sales Team
http://www.mobiles.co.uk
Tel://http://www.mobiles.co.uk[/color...uot;]
Tel: (08700) 804444
Fax: (08700) 802222[/size]

I'm going to wait until my upgrade on T-Mobile now.

At least by buying online if the tariff does turn out to be something bizarre we can return the device (like I did with the G1 in the end!)

P

Edited by Mr Alom, 02 January 2009 - 02:19 AM.

Device: HTC Touch HD
ROM: Dutty's 6.5 R12 ROM
Radio: 1.14.25.24

MOVING TO iPHONE 3GS SOON!

Follow me on Twitter

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Isn't that illegal under the distance selling regulations?

Edited by Confucious, 16 February 2009 - 06:42 PM.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Hmm, i thought they got round it by claiming the goods had to be kept in their original condition, however paragraph 3.47 would seem to imply their terms are not enforcable!

http://www.oft.gov.u...eral/oft698.pdf

(Disclaimer: the link is to the guide and not the actual regs, I am no lawyer :rolleyes:)

I still exist

D8LOM

D8LOM

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:My third and current PPC phone is the Diamond as MDA Compact IV which I love and won't swap with anything in the world, yet!!!!- Wrong, just bought Touch HD!
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD
  • Twitter:@D8LOM
That's what I thought!!! :rolleyes:

Isn't that illegal under the distance selling rgulations?

Device: HTC Touch HD
ROM: Dutty's 6.5 R12 ROM
Radio: 1.14.25.24

MOVING TO iPHONE 3GS SOON!

Follow me on Twitter

WearTheFoxHat

WearTheFoxHat

I've gone all droid!

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Moto XOOM 3G
  • Twitter:@TomJJarvis
I argued with Next Directory under Distance Selling Regs ... they didn't admit to the fault, but I got a fiver gift voucher instead! I'd clearly and concisely argue with them about their returns policy under DSR.

For the same reason I won't ever buy for CarphoneWarehouse ... they have a really screwed up returns policy instore ... so I wouldn't even like to mess about with them about DSR.

Orange regrets to inform you that their network will be going down in 1 hours time for all users apart from yourself. This is because nothing would go down on you, not even a network!

MrRalphMan

MrRalphMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Axim X50v with WM05
Happy Days, had an E-Mail this morning to state that my HD has been despatched..

I just cannot wait.

rekall

rekall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i200, Orange M700
Can anyone comment on O2 as a provider versus TMobile and Orange for the Touch HD? Mobiles.co.uk are the only ones offering the HD on a O2 contract but have heard some horror stories about them. Orange dont offer unlimited data bundled in their plans. TMobile is a complete unknown for me.

Thanks for any help.

Dale Pearson

Dale Pearson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Can anyone confim that the HD Touch that comes from Mobiles.co.uk on the 02 network is the standard HTC unbranded handset?

Thanks in advance.

Shuflie

Shuflie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Shuflie

Can anyone confim that the HD Touch that comes from Mobiles.co.uk on the 02 network is the standard HTC unbranded handset?

Thanks in advance.

It is, or at least the one I got a couple of weeks ago was. O2 haven't got the Touch HD yet as Orange still have an exclusive on it for network subsidised phones. If it ever comes to O2 officially it will not be call the Touch HD as they rebrand all their HTC phone in their XDA line-up.

Posted Image

Dale Pearson

Dale Pearson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

It is, or at least the one I got a couple of weeks ago was. O2 haven't got the Touch HD yet as Orange still have an exclusive on it for network subsidised phones. If it ever comes to O2 officially it will not be call the Touch HD as they rebrand all their HTC phone in their XDA line-up.

Shuflie,

thanks for the response its much appreciated.
I was also wondering if you have ever used your phone on O2 as a modem with a laptop? I have this feature currently with T-Mobile, that I use rarely, but still do use and wondered how you have got on with it, assuming you moved to the unlimited Internet bundle.

Thanks.

Shuflie

Shuflie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Shuflie
I haven't tried it out since I tend not to take my laptop out and about with me, but the ability to do it is there. I think it's against the FUP though so you probably shouldn't make a habit of it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users