Accessing softkeys in Java Games

Guest Robert C

Guest Robert C

I have an HTC Touch Dual. I also have a number of Java games. Most of these seem to want you to use the softkeys that are just under the screen on many windows mobiles. However, as you will be aware, this phone does not have physical buttons to press.

I have tried assigning the volume up and down long presses to left softkey and right softkey respectively. These work fine on the Today screen but not with Java.

Anybody have any idea on how to enable/tweak or otherwise get Java to recognise two buttons I can use? I am using the built-in Java VM which is the Esmertec Jbed build 20071017.2.1.

This is really frustrating me as a number of games will start - you simply cannot press the relevant softkey to go to the next page.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jokes On You
I have an HTC Touch Dual. I also have a number of Java games. Most of these seem to want you to use the softkeys that are just under the screen on many windows mobiles. However, as you will be aware, this phone does not have physical buttons to press.

I have tried assigning the volume up and down long presses to left softkey and right softkey respectively. These work fine on the Today screen but not with Java.

Anybody have any idea on how to enable/tweak or otherwise get Java to recognise two buttons I can use? I am using the built-in Java VM which is the Esmertec Jbed build 20071017.2.1.

This is really frustrating me as a number of games will start - you simply cannot press the relevant softkey to go to the next page.

I dont own this phone but I know a bluetooth controller should allow you to acess the softkeys.