185 replies to this topic

sztupy

sztupy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Devices:SGH-i900; HTC Touch Pro

Damn, that was a fast answer, barley had time for one episode of CSI :)

I haven't flashed my phone with my new ROM yet. Was too scared since the CSC ended up with 158kb :D
But I will do the rest and try to flash it asap. Thanks for clearing up my headache with the new and very small CSC!

But now I got a new "error".

As you can see I added the .NET CE 3.5, but when I drag my OS.nb to BuildROM.cmd, the only app I see is manila 2D Update 19b.

I should be able to see:
HTCemu DLL files
Manila2D Update 19b
PIM Backup v2.8
Pocket Total Commander
Tegic XT9 Black

and

Update .NET CE to 3.5
Update Flash Lite to 3.1

Or am I wrong?

And still I can only see the Manila 2D app, how come?
I've read that you need to add "packages", never did that (thought that everything that is "checkable" are in included). But at the same time, I never added Manila 2D either. I just checked the box to install it in the automater.
Searched for threads on how it works with packages, haven't found anything, or maybe I'm entering the wrong search strings?

Not all extra applications are made as "packages". Most of the tasks simply copy those files, as if they were OEM applications, so there will be no trace in BuildOs. M2D is the only real package from those tasks, so that's why only that shows up.

arunachalam

arunachalam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:mobiles and reading books
  • Devices:samsung galaxy sII i9100
  • Twitter:@-
As per your instruction I tried with DZHL5,every thing smooth And after command prompt exe got ready.but that size is only 35.5mb.I flashed to my phone eboot downloaded and csc update finished.no pda and phone loading.15 minutes waiting then remove the batterry and again installed and switch on.phone ok with existing rom and changes because of csc update.then I check my rom with i900 executor phone bin size is zero.and I unable to edit csc for version.I could not find rgu file.PLease give suggestions and help,further how to add other applications.Thanking you.

rendeiro2005

rendeiro2005

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Devices:Xperia X10

Building ROMs for Dummies (i900 Omnia). See attached file, could not get images up properly....

Requirements

.net framework 1.1 SP1; http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
.net framework 2.0 SP1; http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
.net framework 3.5 SP1; http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
MV C++ 2005 redistributable; http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
MV C++ 2008 redistributable; http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

You can use Windows Vista or Windows XP, however, flashing the Omnia is easier with XP. But also building ROM is easier in Vista. I am using XP for both building and flashing.

Also, if you get any errors during this process, it is recommended that you start afresh with a clean kitchen. Always wash your hands and take pride in your hygiene.

I have added a section at the end to guide people through i900EXEcutor and making an exe updater ROM, so you can either flash it staright away, or run through the kitchen to customise it.

Ingredients

The i900 ROM Kitchen (from PaSSoA’s thread); http://www.modaco.co...ook-custom-rom/
Sztupy’s Automation app V3.1 (from Sztupy’s thread); http://www.modaco.co...ng-dxhl2-tasks/
i900 EXEcutor 1.5; http://www.modaco.co...-edit-csc-part/
An unofficial/standard ROM (I used HK3, but also HK2 and HL2 – for Sztupy’s to work).

Enjoy and thanks to PaSSoA, Sztupy, Lufeig & Secany. Also, to any others who also created software used or contributed to these projects. Big respect & Thanx from Shokka!

Now you know how to extract a ROM and repack it. I have done it a few times, and have already mixed it up (as you can see from last image), I have made a HL2 Phone and a HK3 PDA ROM.

It’s actually quicker to do this than to flash your Omnia, so be careful and take your time to understand what you are doing.

I hope this helps, if you have everything ready (installed) you should not get any errors. If you do, post them in the threads and you will get help.

Good luck.

Hi shokka9,

I`m trying to build my first rom (for now a portuguese one).

I follow all the steps included in you *.doc file but when i try to build ROM with OS.nb file allways get the same error "error, last status: "creating initiflashfiles.dat..." ".

i`ve installed all the programs you described, but....

thank`s

Ricardo

"if a guy remembers the color of your eyes after your first date, then you know you have small boobs"

Follow me on Posted Image
Posted Image
Bela Lugosi`s Dead Rom
Posted Image

If you want to donate Posted Image I promise that i will use your money wisely

k3bol

k3bol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA
hi my frind

i do the steps in your doc. but somthing is wrong when i drag the os.nb to the buildrom and press the green triangular with check NET 3.5 and i wait some seconds it said DONE ، but no new rom . there is onle temp file look the picture :

Posted Image

and i have more Q: what is the different between buildrom and makerom.cmd in kitchen.

the last Q: what about the room i downloaded from samsung web site look for these icon :

Posted Image

it came with out .7z ، you think that is normal

thank you for help me

Edited by k3bol, 19 January 2009 - 04:15 PM.

سبحان الله وبحمده سبحان الله العظيم

sztupy

sztupy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

hi my frind

i do the steps in your doc. but somthing is wrong when i drag the os.nb to the buildrom and press the green triangular with check NET 3.5 and i wait some seconds it said DONE ، but no new rom . there is onle temp file look the picture :

Posted Image

and i have more Q: what is the different between buildrom and makerom.cmd in kitchen.

the last Q: what about the room i downloaded from samsung web site look for these icon :

it came with out .7z ، you think that is normal

thank you for help me

1. you have to close the BuildOs window after it says done
2. MakeROM doesn't do the packaging, you shoudln't use it.
3. .7z is a 7-zip file. Check http://www.7-zip.org/

k3bol

k3bol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
thank you for help me :P :

but you not give me solution for my problem :) :D when i drag the os.nb to the buildrom.cmd to re-build the rom (( NO NEW ROM BUILD )) no see any new rom....

the DOS is empty for any formation and IT EXTRACT TEMP FILE :) ;)

i am very sorry for my bad english :( :)

PLZZZ help me ;)

Edited by k3bol, 19 January 2009 - 07:13 PM.

sztupy

sztupy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

thank you for help me :P :

but you not give me solution for my problem :) :D when i drag the os.nb to the buildrom.cmd to re-build the rom (( NO NEW ROM BUILD )) no see any new rom....

the DOS is empty for any formation and IT EXTRACT TEMP FILE :) ;)

i am very sorry for my bad english :( :)

PLZZZ help me ;)

And what happens after you close the buildos program (NOT the buildrom program)?

k3bol

k3bol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

And what happens after you close the buildos program (NOT the buildrom program)?

thank you my brother it is working and i build my rom :) ;)

my problem is when buildos said done i closed it and also close the DOS screen directly not wait for re-build rom...

thank you for help me ... I am very happy for build my first rom thank you my brother

but can i ask you one Question :

why when i convert the cab into packege and copy into OEM file and build rom give me error what is my problem ???? :) :D

NB: I convert the cab into the packege and paste into OEM file without any change...

there is any steps can i do to build rom without errors in OEM file ??

Edited by k3bol, 21 January 2009 - 01:38 PM.

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Devices:iPhone 5, HTC One
  • Twitter:@shokka9

but can i ask you one Question :

why when i convert the cab into packege and copy into OEM file and build rom give me error what is my problem ???? :) :D

NB: I convert the cab into the packege and paste into OEM file without any change...

there is any steps can i do to build rom without errors in OEM file ??

some cabs work easier than others. You really need to compare registries etc of fully installed cab to cab made into package.

It's a long process, but worth it for some cabs.

There is no app that can correctly turn all cabs into packages, trial and error my friend.

Good luck. glad to see you got the building working.. :)

HTC One | Unlocked Bootloader | CWM | Root | S-OFF

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Hi shokka9,

I`m trying to build my first rom (for now a portuguese one).

I follow all the steps included in you *.doc file but when i try to build ROM with OS.nb file allways get the same error "error, last status: "creating initiflashfiles.dat..." ".

i`ve installed all the programs you described, but....

thank`s

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo

depends on what you are doing? have you added anything not listed in the .doc (tasks, packages, etc).

It should work, works for everyone else, so you must be doing something different??

More info dude.

k3bol

k3bol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

some cabs work easier than others. You really need to compare registries etc of fully installed cab to cab made into package.

It's a long process, but worth it for some cabs.

There is no app that can correctly turn all cabs into packages, trial and error my friend.

Good luck. glad to see you got the building working.. :)

can i add the package after convert it without any change ?? like what ?

what is the app you used to convert the cab to package ??

what is the method to increase the voice in my rom??

what is the method to increase the speed in my rom ??

what is the method to increase the sensitivity of youch ??

how can i add my languge (( arabic languge )) to my rom?? i have the cab for my languge ... plzzzz it the important question ..

i now i ask more question but how learn me like you

finally see my rom :

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

thank you my brothers for help me i am very happy with my first rom >>>

Edited by k3bol, 21 January 2009 - 10:28 PM.

rendeiro2005

rendeiro2005

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Hi Ricardo

depends on what you are doing? have you added anything not listed in the .doc (tasks, packages, etc).

It should work, works for everyone else, so you must be doing something different??

More info dude.

thank`s for all :) .i`ve manage to build my first rom allready. i was doing something wrong, i don`t know what.

this is my rom, but i`m trying to understand all the functions in *.rgu files and initflashfiles.

Attached File  XCIA1_RMCPR_v1_01.jpg   20.63KB   40 downloads     Attached File  XCIA1_RMCPR_v1_02.jpg   16.87KB   32 downloads

Attached File  XCIA1_RMCPR_v1_03.jpg   20.61KB   33 downloads

just one question. is it possible to delete WMP, explorer, internet explorer and install from cab files? if so how can i do that? thanks.

"if a guy remembers the color of your eyes after your first date, then you know you have small boobs"

Posted Image
Bela Lugosi`s Dead Rom
Posted Image

k3bol

k3bol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

thank`s for all :) .i`ve manage to build my first rom allready. i was doing something wrong, i don`t know what.

this is my rom, but i`m trying to understand all the functions in *.rgu files and initflashfiles.

Attached File  XCIA1_RMCPR_v1_01.jpg   20.63KB   40 downloads Attached File  XCIA1_RMCPR_v1_02.jpg   16.87KB   32 downloads

Attached File  XCIA1_RMCPR_v1_03.jpg   20.61KB   33 downloads

just one question. is it possible to delete WMP, explorer, internet explorer and install from cab files? if so how can i do that? thanks.

WoW good jop :D

how can you add your language in rom??????

rendeiro2005

rendeiro2005

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

WoW good jop :)

how can you add your language in rom??????

Hi,

nothing special, i just pickedup the original ROM from samsung site and buil it :D .

Posted Image
Bela Lugosi`s Dead Rom
Posted Image

k3bol

k3bol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Hi,

nothing special, i just pickedup the original ROM from samsung site and buil it :) .

how can you releas this space?

rendeiro2005

rendeiro2005

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

how can you releas this space?

just building ROM as other do :D and some work. i just follow the instructions from Building for Dummies (i900)

My only problem now, has been workout with some english files bacause my native ROM`s language it`s diferent :) .

Posted Image
Bela Lugosi`s Dead Rom
Posted Image

k3bol

k3bol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

just building ROM as other do :) and some work. i just follow the instructions from Building for Dummies (i900)

My only problem now, has been workout with some english files bacause my native ROM`s language it`s diferent :) .

i have the same problem :D

Stevenh

Stevenh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Hi Shokka, I've been following your guide and was trying to build my own ROM using yours as a starting point, but I get an access is denied error when trying extract OEM and SYS. Do you encrypt or lock the ROMs?
I could just use Secany's ROM to start with but thought I'd try with one that I've tried and tested first...

Steven

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
very quickly...you cannot cook a cooked ROM. The only ROMs we use are the full fat (standard) ROMs generally released by Secany, but recently they have been leaked elsewhere.

They are usually 140-150mb in size.

They are not locked in any way and to be honest, i have not seen that error. As lon gas you have the frameworks installed and the correct apps, nothing should stop you.

What OS are you using>XP or Vista or 7? - either way, it shouldnt make a difference.

Stevenh

Stevenh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Hi, I've just tried extracting Secany's ROM and seems to extract fine. Didn't know you can't cook a cooked ROM though, lucky i didn't try to flash my phone with it :)
Using XP with all frameworks and stuff installed.

Steven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users