SamSung i617 (BlackJack II) WM 6.1 cooked Rom.

Guest nhathoasangviet

Guest pixelsblur
anyone having connection (data) issues? I can't seem to retrieve weather info on NRG Weather nor navigate from home page on Opera, any solutions?

I downloaded the ROM on first post, any help pls?

anyone? please, i would really like to use internet on my phone again, I've also tried installing the ROM from samsung and it says S/W is wrong, Check device... I'd very much appreciate help on this, Thanks. apologies for double post...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CJ74753

I found a bug in this rom, my phone now refuses to save any video from video recording and also will no longer play videos in Windows Media Player (gives error stating "The source filter for this file could not be loaded." Any idea why this is going on?

EDIT: Also I just realized that I can NOT put the original Samsung WM 6.1 rom back on the phone, the update does not like the new software version and gives the error "S/W version is wrong, please check the device." :excl:

EDIT: Just got original WM 6.1 back on phone. Went to the xda developer link and downloaded the AT&T base ship rom and used the same software to put the original back on it.

Edited by CJ74753

Guest billymild

If I put this on my blackjack II will I loose all my contacts that are on the phone and so on? Also will I still be able to use my garmin GPS or will I have to reinstall everything on it after the upgrade?

• 1 month later...
Guest Smokey J Bluntz

i tryed everything step by step but dumping and building dont want to work for me... does anyone have a clean base rom ready for a flash? i dont need to cook up anything special just want a clean non branded rom for use on tmobile

• 1 month later...
Guest alvilneephd
i tryed everything step by step but dumping and building dont want to work for me... does anyone have a clean base rom ready for a flash? i dont need to cook up anything special just want a clean non branded rom for use on tmobile

i'm wondering this as well.. i just beed a clean ROM with no AT&T software.

can i install the clean ROM in the download link without following those other steps? thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest Erickson Leon

Hi nhanthoa,

sorry if I "sortof" double-post about this, but I can't know where will be the best place to get help.

I want to make minor changes on my default wm6.1 rom - Not AT&T, but brazilian TIM -, as delete carrier stuff because I changed to another one recently.

When I try to dump my ROM with default tools (pdocread.exe or psdread.exe) I get part0x.raw or os.img. But I need PDA.bin to reflash. I have your kitchen and tadzio tools. Could you help with some clues about how to safely:

1. Rebuild the PDA.BIN to make a backup flashable image if something goes wrong; ---> Very important as I am still on warranty!

2. Dump cookable structure that fits your kitchen.

(I tried a few times but the built PDA.BIN on "ROM UPDATE" folder wasn't correct when I dumped it again using "Dump [pda.bin].cmd" and all the commands separately but still no luck)

I´ve been reading all the documentation on xda-dev site but, as I never did it before, there is a lot of stuff that I should be overlooking... I have real doubts about the data format of each part (.raw and .nb) and how to convert into flashable content. - there is a lot of steps that I don't fully understand what is going on... like .img=.nb -> nb0... but I need PDA.BIN??? Or is there a way to flash a .nb0 directly from sd card? I have no idea.

Thanks for your kitchen, I´ve been playing with if this whole week. (I never cooked before [there is no kitchen for the Axim X51v, my default PDA] and it´s a lot of fun)

Any help would be appreciated. If I can understand the basics of cooking I'm willing to port or help on porting on this hardware. As my other device, the Axim x51v, development has been very slow and, apparently, on a dead end.

• 4 weeks later...

- Run Dump [pda.bin].cmd then wait to complete.

- Get the file: initflashfiles.dat, then put into OEM\OEM_Lang_0409

How I cook?

Done. Now you can cook anything you like, after cooking, just run Build [pda.bin].cmd to rebuild the new Rom (in RomUpdate folder).

There is a guide to update Rom in the Attatchment.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6a530ef326b8f2a78c9e7c56ba37815f5da47875 %2081851370

[samSung i617] only OS clean ship Rom.rar

Uploaded 01/05/2009

|

54.03 MB

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6a530ef...5%20%2081851370

WM6.1[blackJack II]Only OS Ship Rom.rar

Uploaded 01/05/2009

|

59.47 MB

thank you, dermann just got a bj2 and was looking for one. he ask me for help on finding one and gahbmwm5 comes through a few months before he even needed it haha.

Edited by Aitrus

Guest gahbmwm5
thank you, dermann just got a bj2 and was looking for one. he ask me for help on finding one and gahbmwm5 comes through a few months before he even needed it haha.

Excellent, Aitrus, as I know my friend Dermann (from our days of browsing @ olde TxCaesar site -BJ I tweaking site), and run into him as well @Xda Developers Forums....

I know that you will contact him there, as I 'have been busy with life's real projects...lol'...I will PM him there too and have his email address....He does great work!

:lol: