Need Chef help to reconstruct a dumped i900L rom

Guest alinez

i found a useful tool called i900EXEcutor from somewhere on MoDaCo, and have tried to make an EXE. file from 2 diff ROMs (M2D03fix PDA part and lufeig's latest DXHL2 Phone part) works like a charm, of course we need Eboot loader and CSC files as well. this tool is much better and safer than the GrandPrix. the thing is if we can convert the RAW files into BIN file, i think the tool will do just fine. i think i saw some guys were talking about to rename the .RAW to .BIN and should work. i'll give it a try later this afternoon to see if it'll work. and do u know which part of the 4 files will make the 3G working on i900? if we flash the i900L ROM on i900, im pretty sure that we will brick our i900.

update: ok, i got all 4 files. but i dont know which one is PDA, Phone, Eboot and CSC. all diff in size and what im going to do is to rename those files then make a EXE. file. can any of u guys (girls) clarify on those files?

post-422854-1230755375_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lancez

part00.raw seems to be the boot

part01.raw seems to be the csc

Part02.raw seems to be the pda

part03.raw I dont know (radio maybe?)...

125.51M (0x7d82000) DSK1:

| 1.35M (0x159800) Part00 --> part00.raw

| 2.46M (0x276000) Part01 --> part01.raw

| 121.69M (0x79b1800) Part02 --> part02.raw

93.39M (0x5d64000) DSK2:

| 93.39M (0x5d63000) Part00 --> part03.raw

0.00 (0x0) DSK5:

| 0.00 (0x0) PART00 --> I dont know

7.50G (0x1e0000000) DSK3:

| 7.50G (0x1dffffc00) Part00 --> sdcard or internal memory

7.61G (0x1e6e00000) DSK4:

| 7.60G (0x1e6a00000) Memory --> sdcard or internal memory

Guest peterk2005

part00.raw: image update partition (a version of XIP used while updating)

part01.raw: XIP (the normal OS booting version)

Part02.raw: OS

part03.raw: user filesystem ("My Device")

part01.raw and part02 are imgfs formats, so these can be reconstructed to a PDA bin, but for this step, you will need a OS.nb file from an existing and available ROM update file. (I'm not sure but I guess you have to find a ROM update of the same version).

Edited by peterk2005

well, by using the EXEcutor, i have created a exe file. but its got 219 MB in size. im not sure if its right. couldnt be that big. although, i opened it up with out any problems and it looks just like the rest of the ROMs here......

i know, u guys (girls) r going to ask if i flashed my i900 with it....... my saying is NOOOOOOOOOOO, to be honest, im too chicken to do so. yeah, i said it!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

update: compare to official ROM DXHJ1, the part00 seems like a eboot.nb0, part01 is the Customer.CSC, part02 is the PDA.bin..... but i got a Q about part03, what hell is that, its 93.3 MB and cant be the phone.bin. i mean the official phone.bin is only 16.1 MB, any ideas?

Edited by Lancez

Guest peterk2005
update: compare to official ROM DXHJ1, the part00 seems like a eboot.nb0, part01 is the Customer.CSC, part02 is the PDA.bin..... but i got a Q about part03, what hell is that, its 93.3 MB and cant be the phone.bin. i mean the official phone.bin is only 16.1 MB, any ideas?

I've already posted which part is what. :rolleyes:

I've also posted that it isn't possible to create a flashable ROM update out of these partitions without using a downloaded ROM update. To do that, you need an existing ROM's OS.nb part (and i900 rom kitchen to do the OS and XIP replacement).

So these dumps are just not for backup&reflash purposes. Using a PC analogy, these dumps are partition backups (similar what Norton Ghost or Acronis TrueImage do), while those ROM update files that we use to flash our devices are Windows Installation CD-s. (the analogy is not 100% but tells the story.)

Guest alinez
well, im not expert on this kinda stuff. but while i was making the EXE. file i didnt have any problems or errors at all. maybe i will upload the file and someone with i900L can try it? with EXE u wont brick ur i900L.

update: here is the link http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nzjy0ndy5ni

I'm afraid to brick my only i900L with this :)

Happy New year for everybody!!! :rolleyes:))

Guest Lancez
I'm afraid to brick my only i900L with this :)

Happy New year for everybody!!! :rolleyes: ))

its totally up to you, but with EXE. updater there is no way to brick ur phone. if i have a i900L i'll flash it. happy new year to you too...... :(

Edited by Lancez

Guest alinez
its totally up to you, but with EXE. updater there is no way to brick ur phone. if i have a i900L i'll flash it. happy new year to you too...... :)

oK, tell us step by step what you did... create your tutorial :rolleyes:

Guest Lancez

u can try it urself. rename all 4 files then execute..... i did it with lion's dump on my vista and it looked the same as the rest of my 15 custom ROMs just much bigger in size. and the EXEcutor is for omnia only. as u can see the screenshot above, i used this tool to create my own mixed ROM and flashed without using the grandprix. this tool can assemble and disassemble the i900's EXE updater files. the EXE. cant be created if anything gose wrong. i understand that is bit expensive phone, just be careful with flashing ROMs. :rolleyes:

i900_EXEcutor.rar

Edited by Lancez

Guest peterk2005
well, im not expert on this kinda stuff. but while i was making the EXE. file i didnt have any problems or errors at all. maybe i will upload the file and someone with i900L can try it? with EXE u wont brick ur i900L.

update: here is the link http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nzjy0ndy5ni

Man, you just don't read, huh?

You cannot make a rom update like this. Period. i900EXEcutor will join any files together regardless of what those files really are. It joins even mp3's together. :rolleyes: Try it if you don't believe me...

So please, anyone who reads this: Never ever try to flash this on your phone otherwise you'll have a nice brick on your shelf!

Edited by peterk2005

Guest alinez

You cannot make a rom update like this. Period. i900EXEcutor will join any files together regardless of what those files really are. It joins even mp3's together. :rolleyes: Try it if you don't believe me...

So please, anyone who reads this: Never ever try to flash this on your phone otherwise you'll have a nice brick on your shelf!

Peter, is it possible to flash just the pda and/or csc to my i900L to change the language of my i900L?? (without damaging it, of course). It is in portuguese and there are some people from US asking me to get it here for them, but it would be nice to be in english :)

thanks

Guest Lancez

You cannot make a rom update like this. Period. i900EXEcutor will join any files together regardless of what those files really are. It joins even mp3's together. :( Try it if you don't believe me...

:rolleyes: :) :( , well, i believe u. i might be wrong, again, i asked someone whos brave enough to give it a try, not saying that i promise it'll work. with this EXE updater, u will not brick ur phone, even things go wrong. the worst-case scenario is "can not detect phone".

Guest alinez
I've already posted which part is what. :)

I've also posted that it isn't possible to create a flashable ROM update out of these partitions without using a downloaded ROM update. To do that, you need an existing ROM's OS.nb part (and i900 rom kitchen to do the OS and XIP replacement).

So these dumps are just not for backup&reflash purposes. Using a PC analogy, these dumps are partition backups (similar what Norton Ghost or Acronis TrueImage do), while those ROM update files that we use to flash our devices are Windows Installation CD-s. (the analogy is not 100% but tells the story.)

Another question:

Could you try to do that with any another i900 Os.nb part?? The i900L is not so different, the only difference is the 1900 and 850 3g bands. All the rest are exactly the same.

I would like very much to have a backup of it, to start messing with it (even for warranty purposes)

Please :rolleyes: for me...

Guest peterk2005
Peter, is it possible to flash just the pda and/or csc to my i900L to change the language of my i900L?? (without damaging it, of course). It is in portuguese and there are some people from US asking me to get it here for them, but it would be nice to be in english :rolleyes:

thanks

No, it is not possible.

I can't explain it any better than I have already explained by the PC analogy: Think of these dump files as raw partition backups. Just like when you backup your desktop Windows system with a tool like Norton Ghost. Norton Ghost creates a backup of a "live" system. This backup has nothing to do with MS Windows installation CD. There is no way to create the installation CD from a running system. It is not possible under desktop environment, and it is not possible on PDA. If you want an "installable CD", you have to acquire one (buy, download, etc.). It is the same in the PDA world. If you want a flashable ROM, you have to download it.

So, let me clarify it again: There is no "roll back" after you've flashed your device! Period. It's just not possible. You need to take this into account when you decide to flash your device at the first time. The best you can do is to find and download a ROM update that is similar to your original ROM. (Same version, same region, same language.)

Guest peterk2005
Could you try to do that with any another i900 Os.nb part?? The i900L is not so different, the only difference is the 1900 and 850 3g bands. All the rest are exactly the same. I would like very much to have a backup of it, to start messing with it (even for warranty purposes)

It would be really pointless to create for this purpose. It would be just another custom ROM like the others. It would be different than you original ROM - maybe a LOT different if the CSC part was big.

If you're afraid of loosing the warranty, then either don't flash your device or find an official ROM that has the same version than yours. If something goes wrong, flash that ROM and cross your fingers. :rolleyes: :)

Guest alinez
No, it is not possible.

I can't explain it any better than I have already explained by the PC analogy: Think of these dump files as raw partition backups. Just like when you backup your desktop Windows system with a tool like Norton Ghost. Norton Ghost creates a backup of a "live" system. This backup has nothing to do with MS Windows installation CD. There is no way to create the installation CD from a running system. It is not possible under desktop environment, and it is not possible on PDA. If you want an "installable CD", you have to acquire one (buy, download, etc.). It is the same in the PDA world. If you want a flashable ROM, you have to download it.

So, let me clarify it again: There is no "roll back" after you've flashed your device! Period. It's just not possible. You need to take this into account when you decide to flash your device at the first time. The best you can do is to find and download a ROM update that is similar to your original ROM. (Same version, same region, same language.)

You didnt understand.. I don't want to flash the dumped rom on it, It is in portuguese, I just would like to have it in english. If i flash a flasheable rom (like the custom ones we have here), without the radio and boot, it would work? (Would I have the custom rom pda with my current radio?)

Guest peterk2005
You didnt understand.. I don't want to flash the dumped rom on it, It is in portuguese, I just would like to have it in english. If i flash a flasheable rom (like the custom ones we have here), without the radio and boot, it would work? (Would I have the custom rom pda with my current radio?)

Yes. Just select a ROM that doesn't include the PDA and eboot part. Or, download a full update, extract with i900Executor and build a new one (with i900executor) only with the pda+csc part. Or flash PDA part directly with GrandPrix.

Edited by peterk2005

Guest jakeordie
Yes. Just select a ROM that doesn't include the PDA and eboot part. Or, download a full update, extract with i900Executor and build a new one (with i900executor) only with the pda+csc part. Or flash PDA part directly with GrandPrix.

In another thread on a related subject, Secany said that i900 uses GrandPrix and i900L uses Mirage LV.....Caveat Emptor.

Guest alinez

Thank you peter :rolleyes:))

actually, when I double click a bin file, it opens the installer... but I guess it would be safe if I do with mirage lv, right?

So instead of clicking on (EBOOT+PDA+PHONE+CSC) button I just click on the PDA and the CSC Button and select the custom rom pda and csc files (leaving the EBOOT and the PHONE buttons blank)... and flash it. Is that correct?

What do I do with the "Phone bootloader update" checkbox? (cause it says that I must check this box)

thanks guys :)

Guest alinez

Hey boys :rolleyes:

I got it!!

I'm the happiest girl now with my i900L in english :(

So, it doesnt work with the Mirage LV, but works fine with GrandPrix. I just selected the PDA.bin and customer.csc extracted from the latest Passoa's Manilla rom and flashed it.

Loved it!!! :)))

thank you a lot