3G_Hunter, on Dec 31 2008, 17:26, said:
I currently own an unlocked Samsung Omnia i900 which does not get 3G in the US, so I am considering the Fuze (ATT is my carrier). I have been reading many reviews about the Fuze, and I like the fact that the Fuze has a real QWERTY keyboard (my large fingers struggle with the Omnia's touch keypad) and a higher screen resolution than the Omnia. However, I have a few questions about the Fuze ...
- Can the Fuze be used for teathering?
- Can this usb splitter ... http://store.wmexper...11A176A3923.htm
... be used with the Fuze so that I can use the 3.5mm audio output and charge the phone at the same time?
- Does SPB Mobile Shell work with the Fuze? If so, will certain elements of Touch Flo 3D still be there? Touch Flo looks cool but I really like SPBMS.
- How is the GPS performance on the Fuze? Which 3rd party apps work on the Fuze, or is ATT navigator as good as Garmin XT or TomTom Mobile? Also, does ATT Navigator have POI?
- How much storage does the Fuze come with? And what exact kind of expansion card does it take? I'd like to add on an 8 or 16 gig card if possible.
- Do you use NATF's custom ROMs? If so, is there anything missing in them that you wish wasn't?
- Anything else I might need to know about the Fuze? Pitfalls or quirks to consider?
Much of this could be found out by a simple google search, but I will give you my observations as a FUZE user for about a month now.
I really love this phone, let me start out with that.
You can tether with it very easily and you can use it as wifi router
It comes with a 3.5mm audio splitter that allows you to charge whilst listening (mini usb).
After a few tweaks and such, the GPS works great, I use Garmin Mobile XT and Tom Tom (Prefer Garmin Mobile) and Google Maps. ATT Nav costs, haven't tried it.
I use some of the SPB features and TF3D is easily enough disabled or enabled if you would like, not sure of that exact SPB program you're referring to, but i'm sure it would be compatible.
It has somewhere around 300+MB internal storage (thats a rough estimate) and you can plug in any size MicroSD you'd like
I personally like ROMeOS custom ROM on my FUZE, really improved speed and functionality over the stock rom.
Overall I would say that this is a great customizable phone with a beautiful screen and a great VGA resolution. I really enjoy it, I wouldn't recommend it to the "average user" as it is a great phone, but very advanced!
Edited by Kewlj1313, 06 January 2009 - 10:31 PM.