Screen Sensitivity in Omnia vs. HTC HD

Guest q8doctor

Guest strummer1
How long have you run your device after the reg change above?

Has it had any affect on the battery life?

Has anyone else tried it yet?

hello, i saw this reg. trick and decided to try it. I did not notice a difference at all, although my original values were a bit different.

MY ORIGINAL VALUES 523, 511, 179, 885,170,133,847,141,834,892

I guess im gonna have to play with then numbers more until i notice any difference at all. :)

CHEERS!!!

Guest sweetpiggy

guys i have tried a new omnia in a store... screen sensitivity was way better then mine... and my phone has a later ROM then the one of the store... i guess for different HW revision for screen ( i bought my phone first days of september).

oh yes...

THIS is the very Hack!

the newest Omnia ..... have a different touch panel (different hardware!) sensible!!!!

The new panel have a 'visible light sensor' near the frontcamera. the old omnia have too the sensor, but it's not visible.

if you see a Omia with visible light sensor, try his touch ! is VERY sensible!!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest justpratik
I had the chance to try the new HTC HD and was amazed with its screen sensitivity compared to the Omnia (my ROM is DHH3 with SPB Plus Smart-scrolling activated)

Its Super easy to scroll the Internet pages and emails and the program menu in the HD.

As far as I understand its only about software setting as both devices have the same version of the operating system WM 6.1

I have searched the forum and even google for how to increase Omnia screen sensitivity but couldn't find any software or .cab that can fix the problem, only re-calibration of the screen with sharp objects which seems to do a little help

So what do you guys think?? :( B)

hi friend.

check this on your omnia and mail me ([email protected]) if it works for you

• Improve Touch Sensitivity

[ H K E Y _ L O C A L _ M A C H I N E \ \ H A R D W A R E \ D E V I C E M A P \ T O U C H ]

” C l i c k ” = d w o r d : set to 2000

[ H K E Y _ L O C A L _ M A C H I N E \ \ H A R D W A R E \ D E V I C E M A P \ T O U C H ]

” D o w n U p ” = d w o r d : set to 750

soft reset required

improve Screen Calibration Accuracy
-

1. Open your Registry Editor(PHM Registry Editor)

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH/

3. Click on CalibrationData

4. Value Data change to > 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

5. Click OK to save it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Pinto2000

Quick question ...

I'm using a Reg Editor for the first time to try this, but I get "Access Denied", when clicking OK after the changes are made.

What do I do, to bypass that.

Thanks ...

Guest Reuben (MY)

yeah one fine calibrationdata works for all omnia. besides, i also change the click and downup to prevent fast select while scrolling

click = hex 1000 (originally 500 i think)

downup = hex 50 (originally 100)

Guest bilguun
MY SCREEN IS ALMOST TOOO SENSITIVE!!

this is what worked for me:

Improve Screen Calibration

1. Open your Registry Editor(PHM Registry Editor)

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH/

3. Click on CalibrationData

4. Value Data change to > 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

5. Click OK to save it.

You may also wish to copy down the old data before you input the new one.

My OLD Value Data was 505,512 172,875 163,147 846,148 829,876 and yours might be different a bit.

thanx aleis. You r my man. It really works.

Guest jhickey

I used the values posted and actually had a harder time hitting the buttons accurately on my i910. The SENSITIVITY, however, had not changed at all. Go figure.

Guest msra6la2
I used the values posted and actually had a harder time hitting the buttons accurately on my i910. The SENSITIVITY, however, had not changed at all. Go figure.

try mine

509,497 161,887 161,129 852,129 852,887

click:

UpDown:

Guest lordricearoni

I've an Omnia 910, and the manufacture date seems to be Jan 2009. The sensitivity isn't terrible, but there still is much to be desired.

After calibrating by hand, my calibration settings were very close to those values originally posted. I can report that it makes little or no difference in sensitivity.

I think everyone is thinking there's a difference because of how off the calibration was beforehand. Think about it, it's off a few pixels, what's really happening when you press harder is that your finger squishes out and eventually presses where it's supposed to. So fixing the calibration means your initial press hits its mark.

I also tried the Click and DownUp changes, didnt notice much of a change.. Maybe I went into it expecting nothing to happen and so I see nothing happen. Reverse placebo for me?

Okay gang, found this, and indeed it improved sensitivity for me noticably. My test is scrolling the Programs list -- with this change, I can sweep my right thumb up or down quickly and get the list to scroll right along. Before this change, getting the list to keep scrolling with my finger was a PITA.

Credit to Kevin for this... visit his site for a good list of hacks for the 910.

Here's the hack:

• Improve Touch Sensitivity

” C l i c k ” = d w o r d : set to 2000

” D o w n U p ” = d w o r d : set to 750

soft reset required

I've been interested in getting in to hacking up apps for WM6, so I think I'll get myself going with .NET 3.5 lite (or whatever it's called) and make a simple app to adjust these keys via sliders, as well as load/save the improved calibration settings. Watch this space...

Guest jakedoza

ok.. so I had the trouble with the phone restarting when I touched it as well, but I wasn't going to just resort to doing a hard reset.. I figured there had to be a way to recalibrate the phone.. I first tried to just recalibrate it, but the first time I touched the screen when trying to recalibrate it the phone restarted.. so I got to thinking.. I went back into the registry and I totally deleted the "CalibrationData" line.. as soon as I did that I could touch the screen, but it was all whacked out... I then went to the calibration tool and re-calibrated.. works fine now.

Guest natedawg1013

Just for the record, the values for "CalibrationData" are just the coordinates of where the calibration program found your presses during calibration. The click and downup values are actually the phone's threshold for what is a touch, and not just an accidental finger swipe. If you want better accuracy, change the CalibrationData. If you want better sensitivity, change the Click and DownUp. Just to help clear up the situation.