All-in-one Manila 2D. Update 22 beta2 available

Guest sztupy

Guest sztupy
Interesting, I'll give it a shot. Thanks. What is the different between this vs

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...flo-2d-on-i900/

I usually skip the default skin and go directly into install M2DC and apply a theme. Save space that way later on.

that link has a lot of cabs without most of the fixes, this one has only one with most of the fixes :rolleyes: And this is the update19b version, which afaik is tha latest working version for non-HTC phones.

If i uninstall the .CAB will it remove EVERY file it installed or will i be left with a crap load of stuff in my Windows folder?

The cab was made with CabWiz, supplying all files, so it should have created a working uninstaller too. Never tried though. BUT! The registry entries will not be deleted! Will fix that in a later version.

Guest sztupy
WLan fix is provided by qbus here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=951833

Btw Outlook enhancements, youtubeplay, Audio manager, HTC Album can be installed in My Storage and they work.

Only Google Maps must be installed on the Device.

This is for sake of space.

Thanks sztupy :rolleyes: for the great package!

Yeah, they should work (they're simple links inside the application), but I don't know whether WinMo allows installing a cab that puts it's files on multiple storages. Never tried though... maybe in a later release :)

Guest denteno

gr8 work m8

ihave 2 questions

1- does m2d customizer works on this version ?? or is there any way i can change the theme of it ?

2- if there is a newer version would i be able to upgrade ?

Guest Frankish
gr8 work m8

ihave 2 questions

1- does m2d customizer works on this version ?? or is there any way i can change the theme of it ?

2- if there is a newer version would i be able to upgrade ?

1. Yes. It's the same as installing things separately.

2. I imagine so as with it being one single .CAB you can uninstall it and if the thread starter is feeling nice he will keep things up to date so we can always have the latest version.

Guest ned4spd8874

Awesome! I am hesitant though...haven't had much luck with this thing for some reason. One question before I take the dive with this...

Since it's one cab, I can't select My Storage to install it on then, can I? I would basically have to install this whole cab in my system storage, correct?

The Omnia has such little system storage, I want to install as much as possible in either My Storage or Storage Card.

Guest sztupy
Awesome! I am hesitant though...haven't had much luck with this thing for some reason. One question before I take the dive with this...

Since it's one cab, I can't select My Storage to install it on then, can I? I would basically have to install this whole cab in my system storage, correct?

The Omnia has such little system storage, I want to install as much as possible in either My Storage or Storage Card.

No, unfortunately it has to be put in device storage.

Guest sztupy

UPDATE!

Here is a new toy for you to play with: SztupY's Manila2D Automated all-in-one Installer Creator. Use this if you're unhappy with the default theme!

Usage:

1. Download the package
  2. Extract it to a directory
  3. Download a skin for M2D (MobileMatt themes should work fine for example)
  4. Copy the contents of the skin in the M2D directory.
  5. Edit the HTCHomeSettings.xml (optional)
  6. Run Create_Manila2D_installer.bat
  7. If everything goes well you'll get a setup.cab. Copy to your device and install. See Manila2D U19b All-in-one install guide if unsure
  8. Enjoy
DL link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio.html

Happy cab creating!

EDIT: if you're into ROM cooking then simply put the M2D directory into your kitchen and add a skin. It'll taste fine!

Edited by sztupy

Guest smilepak
UPDATE!

Here is a new toy for you to play with: SztupY's Manila2D Automated all-in-one Installer Creator. Use this if you're unhappy with the default theme!

Usage:

1. Download the package
  2. Extract it to a directory
  3. Download a skin for M2D (MobileMatt themes should work fine for example)
  4. Copy the contents of the skin in the M2D directory.
  5. Edit the HTCHomeSettings.xml (optional)
  6. Run Create_Manila2D_installer.bat
  7. If everything goes well you'll get a setup.cab. Copy to your device and install. See Manila2D U19b All-in-one install guide if unsure
  8. Enjoy
DL link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio.html

Happy cab creating!

EDIT: if you're into ROM cooking then simply put the M2D directory into your kitchen and add a skin. It'll taste fine!

Sweet!

Guest sztupy
Sweet!

Thanks! Seen that M2D theme you're using @ your site (thx for including me :rolleyes: ). It looks nice, and it doesn't take much space. The complete M2D package size went down to 11MB! Does anyone have an even smaller skin (in size)? I think that should be included as a base installation, as that can be installed on devices with low storage space too.

Guest smilepak
Thanks! Seen that M2D theme you're using @ your site (thx for including me :) ). It looks nice, and it doesn't take much space. The complete M2D package size went down to 11MB! Does anyone have an even smaller skin (in size)? I think that should be included as a base installation, as that can be installed on devices with low storage space too.

:rolleyes:

I can't seem to get that to work. I simply did the extract and ran Create_Manila2D_installer.bat to see if it runs, i won't create the setup.cab file.

The smallest skin I have is the M2D_Omnia_Yellow, which is approx 500k smaller than the one I used on my site.

M2D_Omnia_Yellow.zip

Guest sztupy
:rolleyes:

I can't seem to get that to work. I simply did the extract and ran Create_Manila2D_installer.bat to see if it runs, i won't create the setup.cab file.

The smallest skin I have is the M2D_Omnia_Yellow, which is approx 500k smaller than the one I used on my site.

please use this bat file to run the app... it should pause before quitting so you might send me a screenshot of the error! (updated the original donwload to incorporate this bat too)

Create_Manila2D_installer.zip

Guest subzro14

hi sztupy,

i ran the batch file but the console printed out tons of "warnings". it did create the setup.cab file though. are the warning messages normal? i'm attaching them to this message.

thanks

Warnings.TXT

Guest sztupy
hi sztupy,

i ran the batch file but the console printed out tons of "warnings". it did create the setup.cab file though. are the warning messages normal? i'm attaching them to this message.

thanks

These warnings are normal!

Guest subzro14

thanks sztupy!

i'm currently using PaSSoA's MD04 ROM since M2D is already integrated in his ROM. However, I'd like to try a clean ROM (coz i want to have control on what apps to install in my phone) and use your M2D installer. I didn't try the old manual way of installing M2D coz i found it too cumbersome (or i'm just being lazy hehehe).

Anyway, can you recommend a base/clean ROM to use with your M2D installer? is DXHL2 significantly better compared to DXHK1?

Guest smilepak
hi sztupy,

thanks

Interesting you got it to work. Hmm I ran it on a WinXP machine in CMD/DOS and got those warnings, but errors as well, not setup.cab afterwards. Have to retry again tomorrow

Guest DJRedLine

Firstly excellent package, been hoping someone would create an all-in-1 install :rolleyes:

Now i used to use M2D but went back to SPB recently due to issues with the album not being centered and usually having to amend the HTCHomeSettings.xml almost after each new theme was installed.

Does this package have the album centered correctly instead of in the middle?

Does this package contain the large weather icons that majority of themes use? This was my biggest issue with M2D as each new theme required changes so the weather fitted correctly.

Guest eddiemen

Okay, i got it installed and it looks great but...when i go to the weather tab, it display`s nothing no icon no nothing ( i must be doing something wrong i guess). And how can i add apps, i just keep pussing the button, but nothing happens.

My rom version is XKHJ3. Thnx in advance, and keep up the good work!!!

Guest hilljens

This is close to perfect for my use (Omnia). Hopefully someone can fix the only weakness I see in Manilla2D (TouchFlo2D) is the Calendar part on the to-day screen showing only one task/appointment, no all day events and/or upcoming events.

Guest Kubilay K
Okay, i got it installed and it looks great but...when i go to the weather tab, it display`s nothing no icon no nothing ( i must be doing something wrong i guess). And how can i add apps, i just keep pussing the button, but nothing happens.

My rom version is XKHJ3. Thnx in advance, and keep up the good work!!!

Same Problem.