All-in-one Manila 2D. Update 22 beta2 available

Guest sztupy

Guest sztupy
Okay, i got it installed and it looks great but...when i go to the weather tab, it display`s nothing no icon no nothing ( i must be doing something wrong i guess). And how can i add apps, i just keep pussing the button, but nothing happens.

My rom version is XKHJ3. Thnx in advance, and keep up the good work!!!

English OS or not? Manila2D doesn't like non-english settings.

Guest eddiemen
English OS or not? Manila2D doesn't like non-english settings.

Dunno, but its in dutch language. Got the rom from the samsung update site.

perhaps i should change the language to english....

Edited by eddiemen

Guest marg232

can anyone help me please, this works fab on my omnia looks great, but i cant connect to the internet anymore,what have i done? thanks in advance, im with vodafone uk

Guest ned4spd8874

Thanks so much...this all-in-one seems to work pretty good.

But I'm still having issues with the screens. I can't seem to figure out where I need to make the changes in the HTCHomeSettings.xml to show my screens full screen.

As you can see with the attached screenshots; The Home tab's wallpaper doesn't seem to be filling the whole screen and is tiled. But the kicker is if I go to the People tab for instance, then the Message screen. Then I go to say Weather, you can see a hint of the Message screen icon on the bottom of the screen as well as a portion of the People tab as well.

What am I missing? Where can I correct this so this is not happening?

post-473717-1231248480_thumb.jpgpost-473717-1231248500_thumb.jpg

post-473717-1231248490_thumb.jpg

Guest smilepak
please use this bat file to run the app... it should pause before quitting so you might send me a screenshot of the error! (updated the original donwload to incorporate this bat too)

Here is the error messages....I took the last few...

Warning: Section [RegData] - registry entry "Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:SECCO

NTACT" possibly contains a path with a drive letter. Use macro substitution inst

ead

Warning: Section [RegData] - registry entry "Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:SECCO

NTACT" possibly contains a path with a drive letter. Use macro substitution inst

ead

ead

ead

Error: CAB file "C:\Documents and Settings\KETN\Desktop\Omnia\download\Cabs For

Omnia\M2D All In One\Manila2DInstallCreator_0.1\setup.CAB" could not be created

Done

I just extract and ran the batch file.

I've also tried moving it to just C:\Manila2DInstallCreator_0.1\

Same issue.

Running XP

Edited by smilepak

Guest Kubilay K
yes it is english rom, but installed Turkish language pack.

Samsung Omnia (HTC Theme) Weather problem Solved!!!

Thank you for your help, you are right!

Manila 2d Dont like other languages, it like English, if you use english operating system Manila 2D weather plugin working perfect.

Guest sztupy
Here is the error messages....I took the last few...

ead

ead

ead

ead

Error: CAB file "C:\Documents and Settings\KETN\Desktop\Omnia\download\Cabs For

Omnia\M2D All In One\Manila2DInstallCreator_0.1\setup.CAB" could not be created

Done

I just extract and ran the batch file.

I've also tried moving it to just C:\Manila2DInstallCreator_0.1\

Same issue.

Running XP

Aww... I hate when cabwiz only writes out that an error has occured :'( Had this problem too, but solved by moving the entire directo somewhere else... But it seems it doesn't work for you...

But according to this thread http://windowsmobilepro.blogspot.com/2005/...created-no.html cabwiz uses makecab. I thought makecab is included with windows, but maybe not. You can download it from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310618

If that doesnt't work then try the subst method from above. Sorry for these inconveniences. They're Microsoft products :rolleyes:

EDIT: or try putting cabwiz and makecab into your directory from this attachment. And tell me if one of the solutions work!

CabWiz.zip

Edited by sztupy

Guest smilepak
Aww... I hate when cabwiz only writes out that an error has occured :'( Had this problem too, but solved by moving the entire directo somewhere else... But it seems it doesn't work for you...

But according to this thread http://windowsmobilepro.blogspot.com/2005/...created-no.html cabwiz uses makecab. I thought makecab is included with windows, but maybe not. You can download it from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310618

If that doesnt't work then try the subst method from above. Sorry for these inconveniences. They're Microsoft products :rolleyes:

EDIT: or try putting cabwiz and makecab into your directory from this attachment. And tell me if one of the solutions work!

No dice. Put the zip file in C:\WINNT no work, put in the same folder as extract, no work.

Hmm Maybe the .bat needs to be built to use cabwiz and makecab and not rely on using pkg2cab?

I'll have to try on my Vista machine when i get home

Edited by smilepak

Guest Wrk_InProgress

Typical Noob question.

How much approximate storage memory should my device have before I go ahead with this particular install of M2D ? Or rather how much is cutting it too close ? 25 MB ? 35 MB ? My HH3 device only has about 35 MB with a few apps installed (SPB, iGO, Live Search, Kinoma, Coreplayer, etc) I've read in this thread and that certain themes and this particular cab compresses M2D to only 11 MB as opposed to the manual way which takes up close to 20 MB!

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Guest subzro14

hi sztupy,

i installed the M2d cab to lufeig's LFI04b ROM. Two minor issues so far with regards to the theme:

1) missing weather icons

- a lot of HH_WEATHER_**.png files are missing in your cab. i found the weather icons from a previous installation that i saved in my desktop so i was able to rebuild them inside the updated setup.cab

2) youtubeplay - "failed to get youtube security cookie" error

- it seems that you have an older version of youtubeplay. i upgraded to the latest (1.0.0.11) and the error was fixed.

thank you for this tool, makes installing M2D a lot easier! :rolleyes:

Edited by subzro14

Guest sztupy
No dice. Put the zip file in C:\WINNT no work, put in the same folder as extract, no work.

Hmm Maybe the .bat needs to be built to use cabwiz and makecab and not rely on using pkg2cab?

I'll have to try on my Vista machine when i get home

pkg2cab is a simple script that creates an inf file then runs cabwiz, nothing fancy. Will trry on an XP machine today though, maybe that's the problem.

hi sztupy,

i installed the M2d cab to lufeig's LFI04b ROM. Two minor issues so far with regards to the theme:

1) missing weather icons

- a lot of HH_WEATHER_**.png files are missing in your cab. i found the weather icons from a previous installation that i saved in my desktop so i was able to rebuild them inside the updated setup.cab

2) youtubeplay - "failed to get youtube security cookie" error

- it seems that you have an older version of youtubeplay. i upgraded to the latest (1.0.0.11) and the error was fixed.

thank you for this tool, makes installing M2D a lot easier! :rolleyes:

Could you share this (the resulting cab)? I mean the one were you fixed these errors, cause than we have the perfect M2D cab.

Edited by oalex

Guest ned4spd8874
Thanks so much...this all-in-one seems to work pretty good.

But I'm still having issues with the screens. I can't seem to figure out where I need to make the changes in the HTCHomeSettings.xml to show my screens full screen.

As you can see with the attached screenshots; The Home tab's wallpaper doesn't seem to be filling the whole screen and is tiled. But the kicker is if I go to the People tab for instance, then the Message screen. Then I go to say Weather, you can see a hint of the Message screen icon on the bottom of the screen as well as a portion of the People tab as well.

What am I missing? Where can I correct this so this is not happening?

post-473717-1231248480_thumb.jpgpost-473717-1231248500_thumb.jpg

Nobody? Would $5 into a PayPal account entice someone to help me with this???

HTCHomeSettings.zip

Guest DJRedLine
Nobody? Would $5 into a PayPal account entice someone to help me with this???

I had this issue on a few themes i installed and can't remember what i did to resolve apart from reinstalling the theme and then soft-resetting.

Guest ned4spd8874
I had this issue on a few themes i installed and can't remember what i did to resolve apart from reinstalling the theme and then soft-resetting.

Thanks, but I've reset, hard reset like 3 or 4 times now and the initial, default theme works fine. But when I try to load the "vista" one that I like, everything get all off and misaligned.

Guest subzro14
Could you share this (the resulting cab)? I mean the one were you fixed these errors, cause than we have the perfect M2D cab.

this is not a perfect cab but here you go. it's a RAR file the contains CABs of the M2D setup, youtubeplay and M2DC. i used the Black HTC theme and did some tweaking.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ncyihydmw5m

i'm also attaching some screenshots.

remember, i'm using this on a clean ROM. There are no M2D files in the windows directory (unlike a cooked M2D ROM) so there will be no issues regarding overwriting current M2D files. For some reason, i can't get a straightforward result before compared to this method. sometimes, i have to overwrite the files a couple of times (and soft-reset too) so that the changes will take effect (when i was using a custom M2D ROM). i dunno if this will work in your device. it did work in mine though.

HTH! :rolleyes:

post-9373-1231341525_thumb.jpg

Edited by subzro14

I'm getting a problem when I start the album - the bottom screen menu seems to be set to the HTC screen dimensions so it's closer to the middle of the screen than the bottom.

I had the album installed before I used this cab to install the entire M2D, but deinstalled the album prior to installing the whole shebang.

Is this a problem for anyone but me? Is there a value somewhere I can edit to fix this?

Guest xtiger
Not yet. Version 19 is the latest version available to use on the Omnia. HTC users can have versions up to 21 now. But not us :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply! Where can I find info on how to install the themes then for version 19?

Guest sztupy
Thanks for the reply! Where can I find info on how to install the themes then for version 19?

1st option: download the install creator, download a theme, copy the theme files into the difrectory then create the cab and install to the phone

2nd option: download the complete package, download M2DC, install both, then get themes from for example here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...emes-for-omnia/ This thread has also some info

this is not a perfect cab but here you go. it's a RAR file the contains CABs of the M2D setup, youtubeplay and M2DC. i used the Black HTC theme and did some tweaking.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ncyihydmw5m

i'm also attaching some screenshots.

remember, i'm using this on a clean ROM. There are no M2D files in the windows directory (unlike a cooked M2D ROM) so there will be no issues regarding overwriting current M2D files. For some reason, i can't get a straightforward result before compared to this method. sometimes, i have to overwrite the files a couple of times (and soft-reset too) so that the changes will take effect (when i was using a custom M2D ROM). i dunno if this will work in your device. it did work in mine though.

HTH! :rolleyes:

Thanks mate. I wanted this cause right now i am using the viet rom (V09) which is custom M2D as you know and not really having any trouble. Yet a plan to install luig's supper clean rom (that you too are using) and needed it for that. So there shouldnt be any problem.