UNLOCK OMNIA - IT WORKS !!!

Guest Mad-Dam

Guest Mad-Dam

1. type *7465625*638*# to set

2. type your MCC/MNC code (list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code), e.g.26003 for Polish ORANGE

3. type your new NCK (12345678), then OK

3. type *#7465625 to check your lock

4. type #7465625*638*# and type your NCK (12345678)

5. enjoy.

from Polish pda site (http://pdaclub.pl/forum/index.php?topic=120622.0) for samsung i780, but it works also on my Omnia (DXHL2_LFI04a).

If you have a problem (like "Fail to Set Locking status"), change the ROM on the other (for example, as in my message, do not forget to backup), then work, then go back to the old ROM.

also English in the xda forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3101945

Edited by Mad-Dam

so, you need the hash between the MNC and the MCC? eg. For vodafone in australia i have to put 505/03 or do i put 50503?

thx

you have to put 50503 :rolleyes:

Guest sonewbutold

hi where do I type the codes please? thank you

sorry just on the keypad. realised now.

However does not work for me on t-mobile says "Fail to Set Locking status"

Thanks anyway.

Edited by sonewbutold

Worked for me. I haven't checked with another operator's sim car, but it register status unlock, even after a soft reset.

My Omnia was locked to TMN Portugal. ROm PDA i900XCHJ2/BBHJ2 phone i900BBHJ1.

sonewbutold: type the codes on your dialer

Edited by nalpt

Guest sonewbutold
Worked for me. I haven't checked with another operator's sim car, but it register status unlock, even after a soft reset.

My Omnia was locked to TMN Portugal. ROm PDA i900XCHJ2/BBHJ2 phone i900BBHJ1.

sonewbutold: type the codes on your dialer

Thank you.

Guest argorito

Works great... :rolleyes: y just need to install a Rom version HJxx or lower, and then use the trick. After that, upgrade to your favourite rom version. You will keep the FREE phone.......

Tested OK on HJ2

Tested not OK on HL2 and HK3

Thanks to all.....

Guest jenryhl

Hi I am trying to unlock mine but it dont work in my omnia either it give me the error "Fail to set locking status" so I am trying to get a solution to this but I only have one omnia and I need to compare with other omnia registry... so does you know how to use the registry editor? if so can you copy my the keys and values of them that are in under: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\PHONE" I think that there is a clue to find a answer to this issue and maybe a workarround to this becouse I think that in those values is the problem... please send to my at [email protected]

Does any of you have backup your original ROM is this possible for a later restore if needed? if so How can I do that so I can change the ROM to unlock these way... If not any help with the registry info will be good to begin...

PD Wich ROM do you have installed? I have the original Vodafone Spain Omnia Version:

PDA: i900XJHH1/BAHH2

Telefono: i900BUHG5

progress.gif

Guest tin_b0

Hi jenryhl,

I am not sure that if you downgrade the rom to unlock and upgrade after you will have still the phone unlocked...

I upgraded 2 weeks ago then unlocked it, this morning I upgraded with the new rom available in this forum and now I have my phone with the network locked again and I am tried this procedure but I have "Fail to set locking status" also... :rolleyes:

PDA: i900DXHL2/OMNIA

Phone i900XDHL2

from the registry

IMSI 208013302192003

IMSI_MMG 20801

missed call... 0

SIMLOCKSTA... 0

Edited by tin_b0

Guest tin_b0

Hi bony25,

thanks a lot for the remark but in my case when I enter the NCK 12345678, I have "Fail to set locking status"... ans I am not the only one... :rolleyes:

I just tried with version i900DXHJI/DXHJ1 - Phone i900DXHK1, no success... same message...

Edited by tin_b0

Guest tin_b0

It is really strange that this procedure works for some phones and not at all for the others...

I just went to unlock it to one close Phone house, I asked them if they use special code, they told me no... is there any other way to unlock it ??

Hi enede, any possibility to give the registry information as requested ??

thanks a lot