SP3 UPdate is not working? I'VE realy tried everything!

Guest Johanmot

Guest Johanmot

HI Guys

Hope there is still someone around to help with this old phone. I’ve read all the forum post and tried just about everything.

I cant get my SPL to upgrade. (Currently on WM5) I basically don’t even get to the stage where it has to start to upgrade. I hold down the 6 key while switching on the phone but it just continues to boot. I’ve removed the 1GB memory card en formatted it to FAT and saved the WMUPDAT.DIP in the root directory. Tried the same and read somewhere that you can use the 8 key as well… but it still just continues to boot normally

ANY IDEAS :rolleyes:

Guest Johanmot

Am i on my own here? :rolleyes:

Is there perhaps a way to upgrade the phone via some software app ( like the one available from Imate's website)

HI Guys

Hope there is still someone around to help with this old phone. I’ve read all the forum post and tried just about everything.

I cant get my SPL to upgrade. (Currently on WM5) I basically don’t even get to the stage where it has to start to upgrade. I hold down the 6 key while switching on the phone but it just continues to boot. I’ve removed the 1GB memory card en formatted it to FAT and saved the WMUPDAT.DIP in the root directory. Tried the same and read somewhere that you can use the 8 key as well… but it still just continues to boot normally

ANY IDEAS :)

• 6 months later...
Guest pratik
Am i on my own here? ;)

Is there perhaps a way to upgrade the phone via some software app ( like the one available from Imate's website)

Dear You may be having wrong version rom, check if your phone is G3 or G4, download correct version, dan try.

The same has happened to me once.