S740 Call button sticking / keypad issues

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Anyone else getting annoyed with the s740's keypad?

The call button keeps sticking down on mine - meaning there is no 'click' when pressed - lifting the bottom edge with my fingernail frees it for a while and it operates OK. I assume it's dirt / pocket lint causing it and will try air dusting it out next time. Button is too small for my fat fingers so as I have to press it so hard becuase of this I accidently pus other buttons too.

Also the keys seem hyper-sensitive when typing texts. I don't use t9 and have disabled it via a .cab, and get all sorts of funny words up when texting, multi presses to get a letter eg 'f' spelling out 'deeeddedddd' with many more letters than my actual keypushes! Doesn't happen all the time but often enough to annoy me. Another key issue is when adding punctuation to the end of the text, after sending the message the same punctuation is repeated 2 or 3 times in a new message even *after* I've pressed send and the message has gone. Quite bizarre. Bog standard orange rom.

M.S

Anyone else getting annoyed with the s740's keypad?

Took a few weeks to get used to it all right but I'm getting there,

I've not had keys stick, could be a faulty keyboard?

Took a few weeks to get used to it all right but I'm getting there,

I've not had keys stick, could be a faulty keyboard?

Think it's just gunk/dirt/pocket lint. It's fine for a few days if I lift the send key with a fingernail and wiggle it free. I might strip it and shave a bit off the key. Still not quite used to texting on the front keypad though!

M.S