WM6.5 Clean optimized ROM based DXIA5 -> SPB Mobile Shell 3 v6411

Guest sector

This weekend, I finally hope to install your ROM with SPB Mobile Shell support :)

I think it's a wonderful idea to put the trial version in ROM. I'm getting tired of installing all the app again and again after each ROM update.

Good work!

Superb rom. Very nicely done and I like SPB Mobile more than Manilla.

Now, I am trying to find the office installation for my phone on the internet since you ripped it out of the rom. But I can't find it, I might be looking in the wrong places. Does anybody have a link for office?

the rest is fine :) I love it! thanks alot!

Because office is M$ thing and u need to buy it

and i dont want to cause any problems with modaco please pm me for more info... :)

Edited by sector

Guest Bender1982

Hello,

this might be s stupid question, sorry if it is. I currently have firmware DXHI1 (yes fairly old but works for me) and I read in another post that one should upgrade with the official firmware first before installing any custom ROMs. However, your post didn't state that so I am wondering if I have to do that or if I can just install your ROM straight onto it. I know it is all "on your own risk" etc but what are the chances to brick the phone?

Hope you can help!

Thanks!

Bender

Hello,

this might be s stupid question, sorry if it is. I currently have firmware DXHI1 (yes fairly old but works for me) and I read in another post that one should upgrade with the official firmware first before installing any custom ROMs. However, your post didn't state that so I am wondering if I have to do that or if I can just install your ROM straight onto it. I know it is all "on your own risk" etc but what are the chances to brick the phone?

Hope you can help!

Thanks!

Bender

Better to update first to DXHK3 from secany or samsung site and then to this.

Guest Bender1982

Right, so I am downloading DXHK3 at the moment. Then just connect and install that ROM. once it is done jsut your straight after? I am still a bit concerned about bricking my Omnia. Is there any chance to fix it myself IF that happens? I think I saw a "how to revive your omnia if bricked" thread somewhere but cannot find it.

THanks for your help mate!

Bender

Guest miles_muso

Hi Sector,

I've noticed a post on XDA-developers here from a poster called Vulture who has found a way to make the SMS and Call-Log icons on SPB Shell open preferred applications rather than the default ones. As follows:

SOLUTION TO REMAP SMS AND CALLLOG-BUTTON TO USER DEFINED PROGRAMS

SMS-Button:

Open your favorite registry editor and go to "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\RAI\:MSINBOX" and change the value "1" from "tmail.exe" to the path of the program you wanna launch. And do not forget to set the " " ! For example:

"My Storage\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

Save and your done, the SMS button on the main screen of spb mobile shell should now launch VITO SMS Chat.

CallLog-Button:

Go to your windows folder on your phone and copy the file CallLog.exe to another directory, just for backup purpose. Open the attached file CallLog.run with any texteditor you have. Change the path inside to the program you wanna open with the CallLog button. No " " this time. Save and copy it with the also attached file CallLog.exe to your windows folder on your phone. Overwrite the existing CallLog.exe, ignore the warnings. Should work now. If not, try a soft reset.

Unfortunately, these do not seem to work with my Omnia. Could your ROM be the reason? I'm not tech enough to know whether the option to remap :MSINBOX is somehow nullified by your ROM.

Maybe you could collaborate with him and we could have a small application built into the next release of your ROM that would let users select their own preferred apps.??

this should work with any windows mobile device not only omnia. i dont believe the rom has problem with this.

im waiting the next update from Secany and i will make a better SPB rom. more optimized in space and registry fixes.

Edited by sector

I couldn flash any other ROM after using yours,i dun know what is the problem,but its clearly is unstable... :)

My omnia now is as good as a bricked version..

i have no problem with vibration but i will check it out again, i will soon upload a fixed.

@frogue: have u updated first to an original samsung rom? like DXHK3.

did u follow the instructions on first page?

the rest here didnt brick their phones and of course i tested it before providing you.

Anyway i will update an optimized rom soon.

i have no problem with vibration but i will check it out again, i will soon upload a fixed.

@frogue: have u updated first to an original samsung rom? like DXHK3.

did u follow the instructions on first page?

the rest here didnt brick their phones and of course i tested it before providing you.

Anyway i will update an optimized rom soon.

Have alot of problems but finally succeed in flashing secany rom after doing a hard reset,thank god not so bad after all..err you maybe thinking i will be biased towards your rom from now on...NO WAY..lol im looking forward to your spb+clean ROM(optimized),may be some sort of error or luck but all successful examples comes with trials and errors,will be changing the moment you updated,keep it up(very good idea for spb users)

thank u my friend. of course after trials and errors will get a better rom. of course i need you to point me to any errors so that i can fix them or find any workarounds.

working on it now as we talking.

Guest valyemil81
Updated to version2b.

For bugs, errors please let me know.

thank you

HI Sector and all the others

I'm using your "a" version from yesterday and I have a problem getting my emails. Before your Rom my emails accounts was syncronized using usb PC cable. Now i see that when I'm connected to my laptop and I try to sync using this method my phone wants to sync using GSM network (3G, HSPDA or other network coverage). I'm abroad right now and I want that my bill stays as clean as possible.

It's a bug this or I have to make some additional settings

All the best

I have no problem with wifi or activesync till now.

Try this:

Go to Connection/Operator Settings option in Control panel select other operator then yours, accept it then enter the option again and change operator to yours.

It is also advised to choose automatic option in Browser Connection Settings.

thanks to qbus for founding the workaround.

Guest valyemil81
I have no problem with wifi or activesync till now.

Try this:

Go to Connection/Operator Settings option in Control panel select other operator then yours, accept it then enter the option again and change operator to yours.

It is also advised to choose automatic option in Browser Connection Settings.

thanks to qbus for founding the workaround.

Thanks for your fast reply.

Now it works

Guest miles_muso
this should work with any windows mobile device not only omnia. i dont believe the rom has problem with this.

It seems this only works with SPB skins from mikibest. He has moved the default position of the buttons, and in doing so has opened up these options.

Unfortunately, my ActiveSync has stopped working so I cannot put the skins on my Omnia. WIll try once fixed and let you know.

BTW, has anyone else donated yet for your SPB ROM??

Guest zeroFXC

Just going to flash to this rom now. It looks nice!

Im on MSHJ1 at the moment,

Is there anything i should know?

I have noticed since flashing to MSHJ1 that the touch screen has improved alot.

Will this ROM have any effect better/worse on the responsiveness of the phone?

And finaly will it Clear "My Storage"

Thanks guys!

First update to DXHK3 from original samsung site or Secany's thread.

Then you can update to any cooked rom.

The touch responsiveness is improved on latest builds.

Please read the instructions on 1st page for flashing.

Guest 555enigma777

Hi guys! Ive been using cusom roms for a while and Im on this ROM now but I need to flash back to the official DXHK3!! Is there a how-to on that? Tried searching but...

Really important so ill be really thankful 4 a fast reply!!

Thank U guys ! ! ! !

(sorry I double posted but only because im in a hurry)

Edited by 555enigma777