***UPDATE 30.03.09 MobileTurk Rom V4.2 / V6.2

Guest Artemis Entreri

thanks kev :) .... buttons are now working

there is another issue... I can't transfer files from my PC to the omnia via bluetooth, anyone experiencing the same problem?

Guest Artemis Entreri

Its good quastion...Actualy i dont like the people tab and i dont use it...But i m gona look for it...The problem is contacts same outlook contacts also...But i ll check...

Bluetooth works fine for me...

Artemis

Hi, when you click on the 2nd tab (people), and then on all people... the standard contacts appear (below pic).

Was hoping there was a m2d app to replace this :)

Guest Artemis Entreri

For wifi

Settings-Connections-wifi-network adapters please select the sychip jaguar and name servers dns1 4 2 2 1 dns2 4 2 2 2

Artemis

Hi Artemis,

Please can you give me the path where to change dns settings.

Guest gianton

Thanks!

It is working partly... I can watch a video in Windows Media Player through Opera but I cannot watch a video through the Youtube app. It gives me the same error.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=28069

For wifi

Settings-Connections-wifi-network adapters please select the sychip jaguar and name servers dns1 4 2 2 1 dns2 4 2 2 2

Artemis

Edited by gianton

Guest Artemis Entreri

Im sure its the dns problem but i dont now your country solve...

Artemis

Thanks!

It is working partly... I can watch a video in Windows Media Player through Opera but I cannot watch a video through the Youtube app. It gives me the same error.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=28069

Edited by Artemis Entreri

thanks kev :D .... buttons are now working

there is another issue... I can't transfer files from my PC to the omnia via bluetooth, anyone experiencing the same problem?

Hi There, in order to transfer files to pc via bluetooth, you need to set up a connection via active sync

Start-> Settings-> Connections Tab... Bluetooth

click 'Search for New Device'....it should then find your pc (make sure your pc has discovery turned on), enter a passcode on omnia, your pc should then promt to enter the same code.

++

Then on the omnia goto the com ports tab....click new outgoing port, select your pc and select a com port (mine selected port 2).

Next goto start-> programs -> active sync.... 'menu' and 'connect via bluetooth'

Your pc's active sync should then pop up....sync and you can click on explore to transfer files.

Let me know if that works for you... i set mine up ages ago, and there may have been an extra step (where i marked ++)... setting up connection on pc's active sync... I can't remember :)

Kev

thanks for the help kev :)

I used to transfer files to omnia by right clicking on the file > send to > bluetooth device

this worked for all the ROMs I used but it's not working here, I get "the phone did not respond... etc" right after clicking send (I am sure I have the bluetooth turned on and the device is visible)

now I am using kuanchai's rom and there is no problem tranfering files using this method

Morning Artemis, have noticed a problem with google maps.....when going to the 'Maps Search' tab and search for anything (pizza, london)... when you click on one of the results you get errors on screen (see below pic).

This doesn't happen when going to Start-> Programs -> Google Maps..... (Looks like 2 versions installed)

I have tried to replace the 'gmg-GoogleMaps' file in \Windows with the one in \Program Files \GoogleMaps ...... but it won't let me.

any suggestions please?

Thanks Kev

post-456223-1233486111_thumb.jpg

thanks for the help kev :)

I used to transfer files to omnia by right clicking on the file > send to > bluetooth device

this worked for all the ROMs I used but it's not working here, I get "the phone did not respond... etc" right after clicking send (I am sure I have the bluetooth turned on and the device is visible)

now I am using kuanchai's rom and there is no problem tranfering files using this method

Yeah, I get the same error when trying it that way..... hopefully the MobileTurk team will look at a fix for future release.

Guest Erdem Dengel
Morning Artemis, have noticed a problem with google maps.....when going to the 'Maps Search' tab and search for anything (pizza, london)... when you click on one of the results you get errors on screen (see below pic).

This doesn't happen when going to Start-> Programs -> Google Maps..... (Looks like 2 versions installed)

I have tried to replace the 'gmg-GoogleMaps' file in \Windows with the one in \Program Files \GoogleMaps ...... but it won't let me.

any suggestions please?

Thanks Kev

I checked several times I have no problem with Google Maps

I prepared some videos for Mobileturk.org site

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=17...64927&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=30...13842&hl=en

Edited by Erdem Dengel

I checked several times I have no problem with Google Maps

I prepared some videos for Mobileturk.org site

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=17...64927&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=30...13842&hl=en

Thanks for that Erdem.... not sure what was up with my phone !!!

I managed to solve the problem.... re-installed google maps, and then copied all files from \program files\googlemaps to \windows

Guest Artemis Entreri

Tonight or tomorrow morning MobileTurk Team relase new rom...Work on it :)

Artemis

Thanks for that Erdem.... not sure what was up with my phone !!!

I managed to solve the problem.... re-installed google maps, and then copied all files from \program files\googlemaps to \windows

Guest Erdem Dengel
The important thing os will be change and some small but usefull manage have it...We ll work on it..

I believe that the new version will be perfect.

Waiting... :)

Guest Artemis Entreri

Thanx for all comments...

Yes when the device is lock dont work volume control...Why u need this? Couse when the phone ringing it works :)

Artemis

Absolutely awesome ROM. Great apps and very quick. Congrats!

Only one thing, the volume control doesn't work anymore when the screen is locked :D