Updating omnia rom by using vista solution!

Guest vennerr93

Guest vennerr93

1st working solution for Vista On Planet Earth!!!!! :)

IN DEVICE MANAGER YOUR PHONE WILL BE IN THE NETWORK ADAPTER TAB AND WILL BE CALLED WINDOWS MOBILE REMOTE ADAPTER!

IF ON THE LAST STEP IT SAYS JUMP FAILED DONT WORRY...IT IS DONE JUST TURN ON YOUR DEVICE AND IT WILL BOOT

I HAVE TESTED THIS METHOD, I USE THIS METHOD!

TELL ME IF YOU MANAGE TO UPDATE USING THIS METHOD PLEASE!

other than the official samsung website there was no way to update the omnia by vista but now there is a solution.

just download all the attached files (virus free... according to bit defender <- best anti virus i think?) then follow the instructions.

1. study the i780 vista usb installation instructions.

2. update your phones driver by using these instructions and by appling the driver software given in the vistaRUU folder. use the "wceusbsh.sys" file.in device manager your device is in the network adapter tab and is called " windows mobile remote adapter" (normally)

4. download any omnia rom update (ANY)

5. open i900 EXEcutor and click the dissasmble tab

6. press the button with 3 dots and find the rom updater file you downloaded.

7. click "go" and make a note of the output file.

8. once you have dissasembled the rom, the rom would have been split into individual components that are stored in the file you made note of.

9. open up grand prix and enter the parts into the loaders as shown below\/

LOADER - eboot

PDA - pda

CSC - customer.csc (or leave blank as nothing has to be put there)

MULTILANG - LEAVE THIS PART BLANK!!! PUT NOTHING IN THERE

PHONE - phone (or leave blank as it does not have to be updated)

phone may boot with a picture of a phone and ! but if you wait for 5 seconds it will then boot properly FIXED JUST LEAVE THE PHONE AND CSC PART BLANK.

hope this helps... ask questions if needed.

also this is at your own risk (but it 100% worked for me)

USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA.exe

i900_EXEcutor.exe

i780_Vista_USB_Installation_for_Mirage_Flashing.zip

VistaRUU.rar

Edited by vennerr93

I m useing Vista Home Premium 32-bit and i m stuck in step 3 i was unckeking the usb conection and in my device manager was not shoving phone or something else, what now?

Guest vennerr93
does it work with vista 64 bit ??

Im not sure but i dont see why it wont work with 64bit

u mean u entered either "MULTILANG" and "PHONE" part with the same "phone" file?

yes they are in mine.

Guest vennerr93
I m useing Vista Home Premium 32-bit and i m stuck in step 3 i was unckeking the usb conection and in my device manager was not shoving phone or something else, what now?

whilst in device manager your phone will have a weird name that is maybe modem... i dont know what yours is, but when you have device manager in front of you disconnect and reconnect your phone to see what device dissapears and then appears again (thats the way i found it because i couldnt find it at first to).

Guest vennerr93
any screenshots?

no atm im working but, i WILL work on getting some! but you may have to wait for a day or 2 when i have the time but dont give up, try looking at the advice i have given and are you using the instructions give in the zip file

whilst in device manager your phone will have a weird name that is maybe modem... i dont know what yours is, but when you have device manager in front of you disconnect and reconnect your phone to see what device dissapears and then appears again (thats the way i found it because i couldnt find it at first to).
When the box was uncheking shows me nothing when i check the box it shows me Porteble device.

i was traing to update driver but shows me this

post-458544-1233310107_thumb.jpg

Guest vennerr93
When the box was uncheking shows me nothing when i check the box it shows me Porteble device.

i was traing to update driver but shows me this

the box has to be unchecked. whilst in device manager disconnect your phone and then reconnect it. the and a device will appear in one of the tabs. it may be called modem or something but this is your device.

I hads the same problem, the connection must be disabled. and it may not be under the portable devices tab.

Edited by vennerr93

the box has to be unchecked. whilst in device manager disconnect your phone and then reconnect it. the and a device will appear in one of the tabs. it may be called modem or something but this is your device.

I hads the same problem, the connection must be disabled. and it may not be under the portable devices tab.

SOLVED!!! I was uncheking in phone usbtopc enable advanced network functionality and work fine only problem is when im flashing the phone part stil is the seme as before.

Guest vennerr93
SOLVED!!! I was uncheking in phone usbtopc enable advanced network functionality and work fine only problem is when im flashing the phone part stil is the seme as before.

whats the problem you now have?

Guest andymagz0101

HI GUYS.

i can confirm this method works

i tried everything previous in vista but

i installed grand prix for vista

the samsung XP driver (yes i installed on VISTA)

EXEcuter to unpack the MSHJ1 rom

i turned the phone off

put the

LOADER - eboot

PDA - pda

CSC - customer.csc

MULTILANG - phone

PHONE - phone

files in Grand prix

clicked discover (search) for the phone and then turned the phone on

and grand prix did it from there

i now have the official omnia MSHJ1 off the website

if anyone wants help message me and i will send the files i used and talk you through it

but i flashed from a cooked rom to official.

it wouldnt let me use the normal exe install method i got the dreaded wrong firmware installed message

well done though to the poster

i have been mega busy recently and i forgot to post the method here

Guest vennerr93
HI GUYS.

i can confirm this method works

i tried everything previous in vista but

i installed grand prix for vista

the samsung XP driver (yes i installed on VISTA)

EXEcuter to unpack the MSHJ1 rom

i turned the phone off

put the

LOADER - eboot

PDA - pda

CSC - customer.csc

MULTILANG - phone

PHONE - phone

files in Grand prix

clicked discover (search) for the phone and then turned the phone on

and grand prix did it from there

i now have the official omnia MSHJ1 off the website

if anyone wants help message me and i will send the files i used and talk you through it

but i flashed from a cooked rom to official.

it wouldnt let me use the normal exe install method i got the dreaded wrong firmware installed message

well done though to the poster

i have been mega busy recently and i forgot to post the method here

so basically my method with a xp driver? and i dont use the normal exe. i convert that and use put it into grand prix... why you trying to take my credit. :) :D people shouldnt message you for help they should post here so if people have the same problem they can find the answer?? whats up with you? All the needed files are at the top of the page anyway.

Edited by vennerr93

Guest vennerr93
I can update. Only phone part is still the same as before!!! :)

What can i do?

hi chivi, mine did that aswell i think just boot up your phone and you should have your new rom on there. sorry for the slow response this time. ANY BODY ELSE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK > ME (vennerr93)<.

hi chivi, mine did that aswell i think just boot up your phone and you should have your new rom on there. sorry for the slow response this time. ANY BODY ELSE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK > ME (vennerr93)<.

I was flashing back to tarils rom DXhl3 final it s better then DXIA2.. :D Thank you for your help. :)

Guest andymagz0101

like i said i did this to my phone last week but was busy so could not post the files and tutorial.

chill out im not stealing your post.

2 opinions are better than one like i said i did my method slightly different than you ( you told someone your method and they cant do it correctly as mentioned above)

so maybe worth trying what i posted

and reason why i ask to PM me is i have problems logging in at work as im not supposed to be in the net !!!

find out the reasons why before you give a sh**ty response were all here to help eachother

rgds

Magz0202

Guest vennerr93
like i said i did this to my phone last week but was busy so could not post the files and tutorial.

chill out im not stealing your post.

2 opinions are better than one like i said i did my method slightly different than you ( you told someone your method and they cant do it correctly as mentioned above)

so maybe worth trying what i posted

and reason why i ask to PM me is i have problems logging in at work as im not supposed to be in the net !!!

find out the reasons why before you give a sh**ty response were all here to help eachother

rgds

Magz0202

yeh stop mucking up my topic, and im saying were here to help so post problems on the topic so we can fix them not IM you. so you didnt figure it out cause your history shows me that you used official vista roms meaning you never new how to do this in the first place. actually if you READ it youll see hes now done the update. 65 downloads, a couple of people asked.

Edited by vennerr93