Updating omnia rom by using vista solution!

Guest vennerr93

Guest vennerr93

make sure usb connections are set to off on the computer. in device manager your phone will be in the network adapter tab and it should be called " windows mobile remote adapter"

Guest wish master

Here is the way I've done. Hope this will help those who is using vista to flash their rom for omnia.

WHOEVER WANT TO TRY, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK BUT THIS METHOD WORK FOR ME FLAWLESSLY.

READ CAREFULLY AND DON'T MISS ANY STEP I MENTIONED BELOW.

Step 1. BACK UP, BACK UP & BACK UP ALL DATAs (contact and SMS - I use easyhelper contact and SMS backup to do so)

Step 2. Install Samsung modem driver for vista

Step 3. Install Window mobile centre, make sure your phone is connected to your vista.

Step 4. Install i900 executor and disassemble and any official/cooked/custom rom (usually those are meant for xp but no worry, just disassemble, do remember which folder you keep those disassembled images).

Step 5. Switch Off power of your omnia and connect to PC with USB cable

Step 6. Install and run USDL Grandprix v1.6.4 for vista

Step 7. In Grandprix - No 1. Make sure you choose grandprix LV image. No 2. Select images to download - choose respective image from Step 4. Viz. Loader, PDA, CSC (some rom don't have CSC no woory, go without it), Phone. You can even mix you different phone version from other rom but LOADER, PDA and CSC (if applicable) must be from same rom. For me I mixed Loader, PDA and CSC from one rom and for phone (DXHK3) from another rom. Make sure Phone Bootloader update is ticked.

Step 8. Switch on your omnia before you go to grandprix step 3.

Step 9. Grandprix step 3, make sure tick on start download immediately. Then click on DETECT. You may see some text keep appear on right pane of grandprix. If you don't see any movement, switch off the power of your omnia and switch on again.

Step 10. Now you will see download progress is start moving in the right pane of grandprix. DO NOT REMOVE USB CABLE AND DON'T TOCH OMNIA AT THIS MOMENT. LET IT RUN TILL EVERYTHING DONE. YOU WILL SEE BLUE COLOR IN PROGRESS BAR AT RIGHT PANE AFTER COMPLETE.

Step 11. Now you can disconnect your omnia.

Step 12. Enjoy using you phone with newly installed rom.

Hope this will help who are really lost (like me) in how to flash omnia ROM with window vista.

Guest pekkala89

I've a problem. When i extracted my rom it had two eboot's and customer's. Eboot.nb0 and eboot_2.nb0, customer.csc and customer_2.csc. Which one I use for the eboot and csc part?

Edited by pekkala89

Guest pekkala89

Okay i updatet my phone without answer to my last question :) I had a problem in grandprix. I used eboot.nb0 and customer.csc. When it tried to reboot my phone there was message "pda device not found". I shitted my self wondering if I bricked my phone. After few seconds my phone started normally and I still had my previous rom. What I did wrong :D Should I try to update again? BTW. I'm using vista x64

Edited by pekkala89

Guest pinkfloyd67

I am getting this ? :) any help ???

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT finished!!

Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...

PDA Write count : 930

PDA finished!!

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 7454720

CSC finished.

Downloading MultiLang...

GetSize : 16973824

MultiLang finished.

Downloading PHONE...

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

Download failed!!

in log I got this:

Device name:

EBoot version=01.37

Start downloading...

PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

Device name:

EBoot version=01.37

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-EBOOT update finished.

PDA-Starting downloading region #1(DISKIMAGE)..

PDA-Writing image..

CSC-Starting updating CSC File...

PDA-Downloading CSC File...

PDA-Writing image..

CSC-CSC update finished...

MultiLang-Starting updating MultiLang File...

MultiLang-Downloading MultiLang File...

PDA-Writing image..

MultiLang-MultiLang update finished...

PHONE-Switching USB to PHONE...

PHONE-COM5 detected

PHONE-Attempting to open COM 5...

PHONE-Create COM 5 succeed...

PHONE-Opening COM 5 succeed...

PHONE-Jump failed...

am trying to update with tarils latest

Edited by pinkfloyd67

Guest vennerr93
I am getting this ? :) any help ???

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT finished!!

PDA Write count : 930

PDA finished!!

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 7454720

CSC finished.

Downloading MultiLang...

MultiLang finished.

Downloading PHONE...

Download failed!!

in log I got this:

Device name:

EBoot version=01.37

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

Device name:

EBoot version=01.37

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-EBOOT update finished.

PDA-Starting downloading region #1(DISKIMAGE)..

PDA-Writing image..

CSC-Starting updating CSC File...

PDA-Downloading CSC File...

PDA-Writing image..

CSC-CSC update finished...

MultiLang-Starting updating MultiLang File...

MultiLang-Downloading MultiLang File...

PDA-Writing image..

MultiLang-MultiLang update finished...

PHONE-Switching USB to PHONE...

PHONE-COM5 detected

PHONE-Attempting to open COM 5...

PHONE-Create COM 5 succeed...

PHONE-Opening COM 5 succeed...

PHONE-Jump failed...

am trying to update with tarils latest

hi this always happens dont be alarmed turn your phone on and wait until the picture with the phone and a ! goes.... your new rom has loaded onto your phone!!!!!

Guest KingBorn88
Please help me... i've tried to upgrade my omnia with this method but i got this error:

brickedbd6.jpg

w640.png

what i can do?

I've unplugged the omnia and know works fine (only at every restart appears an icon with a phone + ! )

obviously the phone part has not been upgraded 

now i have a question... what kind of error is it?  how i can upgrade the phone part?  i've to do the whole procedure?

UPDATE:

The previous problem is solved..... now i have another one... gran prix returns me the error "jump failed" and the phone part doesn't change (still j1... i'm triing to flash the sector A2 ) .... any idea?

thanks in advance

Edited by KingBorn88

HI GUYS.

i can confirm this method works

i tried everything previous in vista but

i installed grand prix for vista

the samsung XP driver (yes i installed on VISTA)

EXEcuter to unpack the MSHJ1 rom

i turned the phone off

put the

LOADER - eboot

PDA - pda

CSC - customer.csc

MULTILANG - phone

PHONE - phone

files in Grand prix

clicked discover (search) for the phone and then turned the phone on

and grand prix did it from there

i now have the official omnia MSHJ1 off the website

if anyone wants help message me and i will send the files i used and talk you through it

but i flashed from a cooked rom to official.

it wouldnt let me use the normal exe install method i got the dreaded wrong firmware installed message

well done though to the poster

i have been mega busy recently and i forgot to post the method here

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me I am registered as Dohh and I think I turned my omnia into a brick trying to update the firmware using Vista. Is in the shop at the moment. The phone wont do anything past the samsung logo. I have to turn it off by removing the battery and the computor wont recognise it. can uou help

Guest vennerr93
Hi guys,

I hope you can help me I am registered as Dohh and I think I turned my omnia into a brick trying to update the firmware using Vista. Is in the shop at the moment. The phone wont do anything past the samsung logo. I have to turn it off by removing the battery and the computor wont recognise it. can uou help

Does grandprix recognize it. if it does redo the update and follow every instruction carefully and make sure you have atleast 80% battery. Also make sure you follow MY instructions and download all of the components on the first post. As they are all used.

Edited by vennerr93

Hi guys,

Thanks mate Im gonna try this and let you know. If I get nothing ill let you know if i fix ill tell the world

Guest captainsensible

Ok, thanks for posting a solution to flashing on Vista - all the steps work and are easy to follow (not sure why some seem to have difficulty.... anyway!)

My problem is the same as a couple of others though in that the phone download fails. Messages from Grand Prix are:

Service stopped successfully

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device 1 ready to download!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

EBOOT will be written.

Total 1 PDA region(s) will be written .

PHONE will be written.

Downloading EBOOT...

PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

Service is already stopped. So I will NOT Re-start the service...

EBOOT will be written.

PHONE will be written.

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT finished!!

PDA Write count : 685

PDA finished!!

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 159744

CSC finished.

Downloading MultiLang...

MultiLang finished.

Downloading PHONE...

KW.KIM Create retry(25)

KW.KIM Create retry(24)

KW.KIM Create retry(23)

KW.KIM Create retry(22)

KW.KIM Create retry(21)

KW.KIM Create retry(20)

KW.KIM Create retry(19)

KW.KIM Create retry(18)

KW.KIM Create retry(17)

KW.KIM Create retry(16)

KW.KIM Create retry(15)

KW.KIM Create retry(14)

KW.KIM Create retry(13)

KW.KIM Create retry(12)

KW.KIM Create retry(11)

KW.KIM Create retry(10)

KW.KIM Create retry(9)

KW.KIM Create retry(8)

KW.KIM Create retry(7)

KW.KIM Create retry(6)

KW.KIM Create retry(5)

KW.KIM Create retry(4)

KW.KIM Create retry(3)

KW.KIM Create retry(2)

KW.KIM Create retry(1)

KW.KIM Create retry(0)

Download failed!!

Now, as a bit of background, my phone has been like this for a couple of days now, since trying to flash to a new rom and the phone update seemed to fail to write successfully. Since then, when attempting to reflash have had the above problem when trying to flash via xp (using vmware that has never been a problem in the past). I was encouraged to see this Vista solution and everything was fine except for the same error! As far as I can understand, the devices resets itself prior to writing the phone.bin file in order to re-register with Windows as a modem type device - this does not seem to be happening (in XP or Vista) so consequently the phone download fails. This has now left the device with everything working except the phone bit - there is no 'phone with !' screen at startup and the phone cannot be turned on in Wireless Manager.

Can anyone help? Or is it stuffed completely? :)

Guest vennerr93
Ok, thanks for posting a solution to flashing on Vista - all the steps work and are easy to follow (not sure why some seem to have difficulty.... anyway!)

My problem is the same as a couple of others though in that the phone download fails. Messages from Grand Prix are:

EBOOT will be written.

PHONE will be written.

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT will be written.

PHONE will be written.

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT finished!!

PDA finished!!

Downloading CSC...

CSC finished.

Downloading MultiLang...

MultiLang finished.

Downloading PHONE...

KW.KIM Create retry(25)

KW.KIM Create retry(24)

KW.KIM Create retry(23)

KW.KIM Create retry(22)

KW.KIM Create retry(21)

KW.KIM Create retry(20)

KW.KIM Create retry(19)

KW.KIM Create retry(18)

KW.KIM Create retry(17)

KW.KIM Create retry(16)

KW.KIM Create retry(15)

KW.KIM Create retry(14)

KW.KIM Create retry(13)

KW.KIM Create retry(12)

KW.KIM Create retry(11)

KW.KIM Create retry(10)

KW.KIM Create retry(9)

KW.KIM Create retry(8)

KW.KIM Create retry(7)

KW.KIM Create retry(6)

KW.KIM Create retry(5)

KW.KIM Create retry(4)

KW.KIM Create retry(3)

KW.KIM Create retry(2)

KW.KIM Create retry(1)

KW.KIM Create retry(0)

Download failed!!

Now, as a bit of background, my phone has been like this for a couple of days now, since trying to flash to a new rom and the phone update seemed to fail to write successfully. Since then, when attempting to reflash have had the above problem when trying to flash via xp (using vmware that has never been a problem in the past). I was encouraged to see this Vista solution and everything was fine except for the same error! As far as I can understand, the devices resets itself prior to writing the phone.bin file in order to re-register with Windows as a modem type device - this does not seem to be happening (in XP or Vista) so consequently the phone download fails. This has now left the device with everything working except the phone bit - there is no 'phone with !' screen at startup and the phone cannot be turned on in Wireless Manager.

Can anyone help? Or is it stuffed completely? :)

Well as you may know updating your omnia is dangerous no matter how you do it... you could jus be unlucky, im sure i remember my phone doing this once. just try to update it again using the method, or change the filmware your upgrading to.perhaps message king born88 because he managed to solve this problem when it happened to him

Guest Shadowy

If I use this method is it still possible to flash using an XP machine as well? I've got xp at work and vista at home, sometimes not in the office for periods so it would be nice to have either option.

Guest Too-Sexy

hi everyone.

I want to update my rom to a custom one. First i will update to official rom from samsung using their installer and then i am gonna use this method to install taril's rom. My question is : Is it necessary to do all that in the Windows Mobile Device Center? The author mentioned this in his instructions. Some other members didnt in previous posts..

So what do we have to do?

thx!

Guest vennerr93
hi everyone.

I want to update my rom to a custom one. First i will update to official rom from samsung using their installer and then i am gonna use this method to install taril's rom. My question is : Is it necessary to do all that in the Windows Mobile Device Center? The author mentioned this in his instructions. Some other members didnt in previous posts..

So what do we have to do?

thx!

hi you dont have to use windows mobile device centre, in actual fact it has to be turned off(tells you in the instructions and tells you how to do it) :( This is why i got annoyed with other people writing instructions on the topic because two or three sets of instructions makes people confused. B)

Guest vennerr93
If I use this method is it still possible to flash using an XP machine as well? I've got xp at work and vista at home, sometimes not in the office for periods so it would be nice to have either option.

yeh makes no difference, use the xp updater on xp and this way for vista. :(

Guest Too-Sexy
hi you dont have to use windows mobile device centre, in actual fact it has to be turned off(tells you in the instructions and tells you how to do it) :( This is why i got annoyed with other people writing instructions on the topic because two or three sets of instructions makes people confused. B)

Hey man. Thx for your help.. I ve updated my Omnia using your method.. I encountered the jump-phone failed so i turned off the omnia then turned back on. The problem is that now every time i turn the phone on i see that yellow phone with the ! next to it. Did i do something wrong? Any way to get rid of that?

thx man

Guest vennerr93
Hey man. Thx for your help.. I ve updated my Omnia using your method.. I encountered the jump-phone failed so i turned off the omnia then turned back on. The problem is that now every time i turn the phone on i see that yellow phone with the ! next to it. Did i do something wrong? Any way to get rid of that?

thx man

no i mentioned that its a side effect of the updating using vista. next time i want to update (not updating now cause all the roms have the same stuff in them so no point i got the latest stuff lol) but yh next time i update im going to try to find some drivers which will fix this small glitch. :(

Guest neopoole

EBOOT will be written.

PHONE will be written.

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT will be written.

PHONE will be written.

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT finished!!

PDA finished!!

Downloading CSC...

CSC finished.

Downloading MultiLang...

MultiLang finished.

Downloading PHONE...

KW.KIM Create retry(25)

KW.KIM Create retry(24)

KW.KIM Create retry(23)

KW.KIM Create retry(22)

KW.KIM Create retry(21)

KW.KIM Create retry(20)

KW.KIM Create retry(19)

KW.KIM Create retry(18)

KW.KIM Create retry(17)

KW.KIM Create retry(16)

KW.KIM Create retry(15)

KW.KIM Create retry(14)

KW.KIM Create retry(13)

KW.KIM Create retry(12)

KW.KIM Create retry(11)

KW.KIM Create retry(10)

KW.KIM Create retry(9)

KW.KIM Create retry(8)

KW.KIM Create retry(7)

KW.KIM Create retry(6)

KW.KIM Create retry(5)

KW.KIM Create retry(4)

KW.KIM Create retry(3)

KW.KIM Create retry(2)

KW.KIM Create retry(1)

KW.KIM Create retry(0)

Download failed!!

Can anyone help? Or is it stuffed completely? :(

I had the same problem then i downloaded PC Studio 3.1 which installed some samsung usb drivers and then my firmware fully loaded get it here : http://uk.samsungmobile.com/supports/softw...s/pcStudio31.do

or the usb driver only : http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/download...elName=SGH-F480

Guest ashman8434

hey! okay i flashed my omnia from the orange BVHH1 to MSHJ1 about a month ago without any problems and without having to do any of the steps that you've outlined in this post. anyway im trying to update to tarils rom and ive successfully downloaded and updated everything that is to be required but when i get to the grand prix stage this error keeps coming up

'

OpenSCManager failed (5)

PDA Device not found.

'

any help what im or have done wrong?

many thanks