ROM: Omnia - Throttle Custom Rom :: Dark Edition Beta 2 (DXIA2)

Guest yodrak

Guest MikeTay

Thanks. They are both working now. If you have the time, can u please check the 24 hrs to 12 hrs clock and the weather and also replacing the explorer with Opera. Thanks again for your effort.

Sorry: Should be SMSChat.exe not SMS-Chat.exe

Edited by MikeTay

for 24 hrs to 12 hrs format, flash clock will display only in 24 hrs mode. This is just a software design...(Throttle) As tested, it works only in 24hrs.

for weather, it works fine for me, so i don't know what happened with you. Maybe, try this

1. Connect WIFI before update

2. Connect GPRS before update

3. Connect via ActiveSync with PC before update

Hope it works in some way.

for opera, use these XML files.

:)

Opera_internet.xml

Opera_internet_land.xml

Edited by yodrak

Guest MikeTay

Thanks for your help. For Internet, do I need to delete the internet.xml and internet_land.xml files and where do I change the internet explorer to Opera in TF3D config.?

^

^

^

You need to backup the old files (just rename them). Then place both attached files there and reload the throttle or soft reset. That's it ! (just make sure you've Opera installed)

For weather, new solution :

place weather.xml at \Program Files\ThrottleLauncher\Setup\Touchflo3d\

place weather.swf at \Program Files\ThrottleLauncher\Setups\Touchflo3d\TWolf\Weather\

Edit attached varis.txt at line

&MyWeather=ASI|TH|TH017|BANGKOK&END

// Place your code here
by find your code at
http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&locCode=ASI|TH|TH017|BANGKOK|&u=1
Fill your city, country at the " Your Local Forecast " and click go. You will see the code at URL. Get it and update above. Soft reset once. Done. Screen Shots :
&MyClock=1&END

// 24h=1 12h=2

change &MyClock=1 to &MyClock=2.

Soft reset once to see the result.

Thanks.

weather.swf

varis.txt

Screen1101.pngScreen1102.png
For 12hrs clock, you may look at \Program Files\ThrottleLauncher\Setups\Touchflo3d\TWolf\Clock\ It contains Varis.txt. Try modify it at line
Edited by yodrak

Guest MikeTay

Hi Yodrak,

(1) There is no weather.xml file in the attachment in your last post.

(2) The attached varis.txt file after modification should replace the one at .../twolf/weather folder?

(3) There is no varis.txt file at the ..../twolf/clock folder'

(1) There is no weather.xml file in the attachment in your last post.

Sorry, i forgot. See below.

(2) The attached varis.txt file after modification should replace the one at .../twolf/weather folder?

Yes !

(3) There is no varis.txt file at the ..../twolf/clock folder'

I just guess if it's possible. Just copy it in....Let's try.

Let me know all the result. Thanks.

weather.xml

Edited by yodrak

Yodrak,when possible beta3 or FINAL version?:)

As planned, by the end of this month. It's contain STANDARD function.

If you needs customized like whatever discussed on this topic, you have to follow the instructions because I cannot support everyone need in one ROM.

So, please let me know what do you think or what do you want. I will see if it is in common. (sorry for my english)

Thanks.

Guest MikeTay

The animated weather is now working with the correct location. Thanks. However, I cannot change 24 hrs clock by amending the varis file at weather folder according to your instructions. I also try copying the same file to clock folder but no effect at all.

After replacing the Internet files with the Opera files all the icons under the Internet tab disappeared. Opera is installed but cannot be opened using wifi connection.

Guest MikeTay

Sorry to bother you Yodrak, other than the opera and internet explorer cannot be opened when connected to wifi, I also found that the backlight overide on Garmin does not seems to work and some error message pops up. Should be caused by either TL or TF3D.

Guest Magpie2000k

Hi all I have installed this and all seems well except get keyboard at bottom of screen and cant seem to work out what the red and blue arrow gestures are supposed to do.

please advise.

One further issue is that I seem to have a grey area aroud the clock on the screen

I also seem to have the soft keys at the bottom of the screen

Edited by Magpie2000k

Guest castanho

Hi all, I'm new to WM devices, I bought an Omnia last week, I upgrade the firmware through original samsung download, and now my f/w version is XCHJ2,

my question is if I can flash this rom without problems, by the way i'm Portuguese, but the english language is fine, but will it affect my service provider?

Sorry for the newbies questions...

Thanks in Advance

Pedro Porto

Guest tercupee

hi,

i just flashed to your this ROM

it looks real nice...

still monitoring...

but again, how do i make the opera as my default browser?

about the weather?

im from malaysia, how do i set it?

and there's only normal keyboard?

anyway that i could get the samsung black keyboard as my default?

please help...

noobie here, :)

Sorry for late reply.

Now, I'm not at my home and just have a little free time. (Trip to southern of Thailand) I have no hi-speed internet connection here.

I'll response your all questions, requests once I back to Bangkok next week.

Thank you.

Edited by yodrak

Guest MikeTay

Thanks Yodrak.

To make it easier to understand my problems, I summarised it as follows:

1) Internet tab: I followed your instructions and amended the reference for internet explorer to Opera9.exe in the files Internet.xml and internet_land.xml. After reloading, the globe and other icons in the tab appeared but I still could not open Opera. I have loaded Opera in My Device instead of My Storage. Also after I open Opera in program page I could not connect to internet although wifi is enabled and weather can be updated.

2) Music tab: I downloaded latest S2P in My Device and could use it when opened under program. I also selected S2P in the TF3D confi under music and set the path to S2P.exe but do not know how to set path for WMP covers. However after reloading the music tab is still blank. Is there missing some files in TF3D for music?

3) For Garmin backlight override: Although backlight is set to "Always On" it still override by Power setting. So I set the battery power not to turn off device at all and the Garmin work ok. However I am not sure this is the correct way.

Thanks once again for your kind attention.

Hi All, I'm back !

The animated weather is now working with the correct location. Thanks. However, I cannot change 24 hrs clock by amending the varis file at weather folder according to your instructions. I also try copying the same file to clock folder but no effect at all.

After replacing the Internet files with the Opera files all the icons under the Internet tab disappeared. Opera is installed but cannot be opened using wifi connection.

For clock issue, you may need to contact ThrottleLauncher.com

For Opera, have you still faced the problem, if so, can you put your screen shot here.

Sorry to bother you Yodrak, other than the opera and internet explorer cannot be opened when connected to wifi, I also found that the backlight overide on Garmin does not seems to work and some error message pops up. Should be caused by either TL or TF3D.

For Garmin, I'm so sorry. In Thailand, Garmin is not allowed to use in Omnia. So I cannot look at that issue.

Thanks.

Edited by yodrak

Hi all I have installed this and all seems well except get keyboard at bottom of screen and cant seem to work out what the red and blue arrow gestures are supposed to do.

please advise.

One further issue is that I seem to have a grey area aroud the clock on the screen

I also seem to have the soft keys at the bottom of the screen

Hope this is not too late. Just back to Bangkok. :)

- For the gesture, Try again. I'm quite sure that it's working well.

- grey area around the clock : Just Soft Reset or reload it.

- Soft key at the bottom. Go to Settings tab and then "Throttle", click on "Advance" button and click "Full". Then save and reload.

PS. Are you jordy ???? I'm Toon Army !! :)

:D

Edited by yodrak

hi,

i just flashed to your this ROM

it looks real nice...

still monitoring...

but again, how do i make the opera as my default browser?

about the weather?

im from malaysia, how do i set it?

and there's only normal keyboard?

anyway that i could get the samsung black keyboard as my default?

please help...

noobie here, :)

For Opera, please see post#27.

For SS keyboard, I cut it off. You will need to install the CAB file, but I don't have it now.

You're welcome !

Hey,

which application is that on the screenshot below? and which programm is the "exit" button in the upper right corner?

Screen17.png

Actually, it's the same program "HTC Task Manager".

Thanks Yodrak.

To make it easier to understand my problems, I summarised it as follows:

1) Internet tab: I followed your instructions and amended the reference for internet explorer to Opera9.exe in the files Internet.xml and internet_land.xml. After reloading, the globe and other icons in the tab appeared but I still could not open Opera. I have loaded Opera in My Device instead of My Storage. Also after I open Opera in program page I could not connect to internet although wifi is enabled and weather can be updated.

Let me know where is your Opera.exe located. For connection issue, please check if IE is working.

2) Music tab: I downloaded latest S2P in My Device and could use it when opened under program. I also selected S2P in the TF3D confi under music and set the path to S2P.exe but do not know how to set path for WMP covers. However after reloading the music tab is still blank. Is there missing some files in TF3D for music?

Please clarify "the music tab is still blank". Is there music tab or it appear with blank?

3) For Garmin backlight override: Although backlight is set to "Always On" it still override by Power setting. So I set the battery power not to turn off device at all and the Garmin work ok. However I am not sure this is the correct way.

I'm sorry. Garmin is not allowed to use with Omnia in Thailand. :)

Thanks once again for your kind attention.

You're welcome !

Guest Magpie2000k
Hope this is not too late. Just back to Bangkok. :)

- For the gesture, Try again. I'm quite sure that it's working well.

- grey area around the clock : Just Soft Reset or reload it.

- Soft key at the bottom. Go to Settings tab and then "Throttle", click on "Advance" button and click "Full". Then save and reload.

PS. Are you jordy ???? I'm Toon Army !! :)

I sure am mate..

Black and white through and through