• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

fenomeno83

fenomeno83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

I already tried to change the given option - there very difficult procedure.. I yet have not understood as it works, but fps is interconnected to the resolution of a picture, therefore simple change fps conducts to distortion.

30fps is too much hard for omnia, because it recodes in software mode(not as n95 for example)..maximum increase it at 25fps!
for me real problem is aliasing...

fenomeno83

fenomeno83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

At the request custom_maker BARBOSS I made the following miniversion..

ver. B
- ver.A + by default
Contrast = +2
Saturation = +2
Sharpness = +1

mmm...contrast and saturation for me are not good in all situations..these values do images too much unreal..

buyukbang

buyukbang

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I think "+2" results unrealistic images, too. Below is the best tune that I always switch :

Contrast = +1
Saturation = +1
Sharpness = +1

Which is better this or version 1?

I use in my ROMs, so very interested. In your opinion, which should i include in my builds Pako777?

I await your response bro.

jamesjames_

jamesjames_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

30fps is too much hard for omnia, because it recodes in software mode(not as n95 for example)..maximum increase it at 25fps!
for me real problem is aliasing...

So is it possible increasing to 24 or 25 fps? Can someone do this? Pako777? :(

Pako777

Pako777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Devices:i900 - the best :)

Which is better this or version 1?

To whom like saturated and contrast foto - to that version B.. I is better shall personally prefer while version A

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Devices:iPhone 5, HTC One
  • Twitter:@shokka9
double post.

Edited by shokka9, 17 February 2009 - 09:41 PM.

HTC One | Unlocked Bootloader | CWM | Root | S-OFF

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
i was thinking that too pako777, after some posts.

thanks for your reply bro. :(

Edited by shokka9, 17 February 2009 - 08:15 PM.

aca2302

aca2302

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:i900
So is it possible increasing to 24 or 25 fps? Can someone do this? Pako777? smile.gif

aca2302

aca2302

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
So is it possible increasing to 24 or 25 fps? Can someone do this? Pako777? smile.gif

fenomeno83

fenomeno83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
I am a photo amateur..in an Italian forum we works to get the best camera settings!!
increase saturation and Contrast is not good..photos become too much unreal (as a cartoon)

the problem of omnia(and maybe of samsung camera in general) is over exposed..for this it's necessary by default decrease brightness..
after it's good also increase sharpen to get more detail (but not too much,because in this manner will introdice artifacts)...

best settings to get photos not over exposed, with real color and a good sharp(but without artifacts) are
BRIGHTNESS -1
SHARPEN +1 (it's good also +2, but in general for a general situation it's bettere use +1)

please, can you do a dll with this settings?
only brightness -1 and sharpen +1..TRY THESE

Edited by fenomeno83, 17 February 2009 - 09:08 PM.

bobobird

bobobird

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
I agree with fenomeno83.

Settings are determined by the lighting conditions AT THE TIME of the shot being taken. There can never be a univerally correct setting for brightness and contrast. Same with sharpness, you can get by with a bit over the minimum but risking artifacts etc means no point taking the risk. That is why Samsung has left these settings alone so that you can adjust as you see fit for that point in time.

90% of you guys seem to think as if there is something wrong with the camera by not being able to make a permanent setting. There is nothing wrong with the camera (except the flashlight part).

Why don't you guys go look at the shots in the User Photos post ??? 95% of all those photos were taken with the default settings ie 0 0 0.

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
just to add to bobo...

i using the version 1, and to be honest didnt notice much difference if any. Which is good, after everybodies comments, i wll probably carru on using the version 1 in my ROM builds. Unless something dramatically major is developed. Changing settings is something that will not improve the camera permanently (only in certain conditions). So version 1 is enough for me.

Hope that made sense?

fenomeno83

fenomeno83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

I agree with fenomeno83.

Settings are determined by the lighting conditions AT THE TIME of the shot being taken. There can never be a univerally correct setting for brightness and contrast. Same with sharpness, you can get by with a bit over the minimum but risking artifacts etc means no point taking the risk. That is why Samsung has left these settings alone so that you can adjust as you see fit for that point in time.

90% of you guys seem to think as if there is something wrong with the camera by not being able to make a permanent setting. There is nothing wrong with the camera (except the flashlight part).

Why don't you guys go look at the shots in the User Photos post ??? 95% of all those photos were taken with the default settings ie 0 0 0.

yes..I agree...doesn't exisist general settings for all condition, but in medium exists better settings than original..
for this I explaned that it's important decrease brightness, because all omnia photos are overexposed..and also you can increase sharpen by 1 point(this don't generate artifacts..I tried it in too many situations)
in general brightness -1 and sharpeness +1 generate an better balanced result than default settings :(

Pako,can you share code about videoes?in this manner we can talk about video increase quality

Edited by fenomeno83, 17 February 2009 - 10:19 PM.

middiu

middiu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

I am a photo amateur..in an Italian forum we works to get the best camera settings!!
increase saturation and Contrast is not good..photos become too much unreal (as a cartoon)

the problem of omnia(and maybe of samsung camera in general) is over exposed..for this it's necessary by default decrease brightness..
after it's good also increase sharpen to get more detail (but not too much,because in this manner will introdice artifacts)...

best settings to get photos not over exposed, with real color and a good sharp(but without artifacts) are
BRIGHTNESS -1
SHARPEN +1 (it's good also +2, but in general for a general situation it's bettere use +1)

fenomeno83 is a very expert of photo!!! make as he says!!! :(

Pako777

Pako777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Today I shall make LAST version of the driver... And under each person it is hard to make that.
brightness = -1
sharpness = +1
contrast = 0
saturation = 0

And all !!

Video do not manage to be made yet... Above already explained why

Pako777

Pako777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

fenomeno83 is a very expert of photo!!! make as he says!!! B)

You are sure?... I'm expert too.. and what? :( I modified characteristics of the driver what did not suffice... But as say - how many people are so much and opinions.. I think, that the version A - the most real version

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
first version is good enough.

changing settings and then cooking it, is no guarantee of good picture. These settings are only for certain conditions and not a fix for the camera.

Please leave pako777 to do what he does best!!

fenomeno83

fenomeno83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Today I shall make LAST version of the driver... And under each person it is hard to make that.
brightness = -1
sharpness = +1
contrast = 0
saturation = 0

And all !!

Video do not manage to be made yet... Above already explained why

where is new driver? :(

Pako777

Pako777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

where is new driver? B)

Where, where? :( Will be.. But not today... Tomorrow - the day after tomorrow.. To me in fact also to work it is necessary - to feed family.. :P

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
i think people forget that we actually have real lives, which includes family, friends, jobs, and plenty of other things to do.

Omnia is not the whole purpose of living...we do what we do, when we can and try to do stuff as often as we can. But people need to appreciate this also.

shokka9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users