Despite their recent, er, downsizing, i-mate have a presence at MWC and are presenting a couple of devices, including the 810-F pictured here.
From the i-mate site...
Made from the toughest materials and feature packed, it’s built to outlast and outclass.
Whether you’re rock climbing or climbing the corporate ladder, catching that next big wave or catching the next taxi, you need an every day tough phone that’s ready for anything.
Because every day life is one big adventure!
- It can handle temperatures up to 60 degrees C
- It can handle temperatures as low as -20 degrees C
- It is waterproof to 1m
- It's throw / drop / crush proof (their words!)
- It comes with a LIFETIME warranty!
- It’s one of the world’s toughest phones. Built for adventure in any indoor or outdoor environment.
- Built for life. In these tough economic times, you want a phone that will go the distance.
- Brains and Brawn. Based on Windows Mobile® 6.1, you can send/receive email, surf the internet, take photos, record videos, listen to music and sync all your information back to your PC.
- Versatility plus. Jam packed full of business ready smarts so it’s very comfortable in the city lights, but you can also take it off road.
- QWERTY keyboard and touch screen. Fast emailing and texting. Get the best of both worlds.
- Fast and fully connected. Powered by HSDPA and EDGE, it also comes with Wi-Fi and A/GPS.
- Outsmart security threats. i-mate Secure i-Q means you can use your PC to remotely lock/wipe/alarm your 810-F if it’s ever lost or stolen. Now that’s smart.
- Easy to use. You just point or press and go. Plus you get the back up of 24x7 support if you need help at any stage.
- Lifetime Warranty. We guarantee your 810-F for life.
- Take anywhere. Your 810-F can go where you go. Beach, Work, Park, Home, On a building site, up a ladder, down a creek, anywhere you like.
I'm going to follow up with i-mate exactly how the lifetime guarantee works, but the site footnotes say 'Subject to warranty terms and conditions, registration on i-mate i-Q, and annual service undertaken.' The last bit worries me a little (is that an expensive service?), but i'll let you know what they have to say!
You can learn more about the device at the i-mate product page.