Sat Nav

Guest Dub Thing

Guest Dub Thing

Has a true sat nav become available for the G1 as opposed to the maps type.

I would like something more like a tom tom on the phone is this possible? or am i hopeing for to much

Guest awarner (MVP)

I am not aware of anything that is does not require data usage at the moment but aparently Garmin are supposed to be releasing something in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest simonc
I am not aware of anything that is does not require data usage at the moment but aparently Garmin are supposed to be releasing something in the future.

Apparently ALK have shown a G1 running copilot. If you google for ALK Android and sat nav a few things pop up. If this did come out it may well push me to get one.

Edited by simonc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
There is a company called TeleNav apparently offering turn-by-turn for the android platform.

Thanks a lot for this, i took a 30-day trial for the telenav software in my T-Mobile Touch (uk t-mobile version of hero and magic) it's an excellent app, just like a stand alone tom tom. It has UK maps and many other european countries (I tested it in UK only). It works on G1, Touch, and Pulse. Any one looking for a great android sat nav experience check it out.

Thanks a lot for this, i took a 30-day trial for the telenav software in my T-Mobile Touch (uk t-mobile version of hero and magic) it's an excellent app, just like a stand alone tom tom. It has UK maps and many other european countries (I tested it in UK only). It works on G1, Touch, and Pulse. Any one looking for a great android sat nav experience check it out.

CO PILOT LIVE 8 IS GREAT. maps stored on sd card so doent need to worry about mobile reception. been using it for ages no probelms and hhighly reccomended.

• 1 year later...
Guest peterdell

I bought a Navman satellite navigation few months ago. Use it regularly. It cost me £ 150. Tonight when I walk, was awarded the satellite cell had the windshield windshield and navigation and flew off the screen. Sat Nav is still running and shows all but one side of the screen responds when pressed.