316 replies to this topic

Stevenh

Stevenh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Steven,
I checked my i900, the phone version is i908ZHIB1, in this case do I need still to update the bootloader? I've cooked a rom with your fix but still a little bit worry to flash the bootloader.
Thanks! - Joe

P.S. I cooked a rom with fix from liads, by using Jetware Extension the voice dial works now! But there are still two issues: 1. sometimes touch screen becomes inactive with no omen, and comes back to normal after a period (again no omen); 2. when voice commander is active all sounds route to BT headset. Has anyone got same problem?

Hi, what firmware are you using and what did you replace? I don't think the phone version should be coming up as i908ZHIB1 unless you copied over more files than suggested in the fixes... Which XIP are you using?

fenomeno83

fenomeno83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
another bug..doesn't work rds in radio fm..and sometimes when you are playing radio fm,in standby STOP
B)

happy_joe

happy_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Hi, what firmware are you using and what did you replace? I don't think the phone version should be coming up as i908ZHIB1 unless you copied over more files than suggested in the fixes... Which XIP are you using?

Hi Steven, I am a just a newbie of rom cooking. I used a customized EXE firmware (i900DXIA5 eboot + PDA, i908 ZHIB1 Phone).
Then I cooked my rom using i900DXIA5 template (21112 XIP) with liads fix only and it works ok.

I am now trying your fix - make the rom based on same template. I followed your instruction to rebuild the os.nb and do liads fix and your fix, and then cooked rom.
Please educate me if this is ok, can I just flash this rom without update the bootloader? Or is there any risk to flash the rom with your bootloader? Thanks!!

Sorry if my English confused you.

Edited by happy_joe, 14 March 2009 - 01:06 PM.

yasine

yasine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:i900

well, first i change the destination of my samsung, to singappor (in case of)

0/ no need for active synch, but i install it, and synch my i900 before flashing with 0/ grandprix,

my device is earlier than "hg", this is no need to flash to a "hj" version before.

1 / i lunch grandprix, select granprix lv image

2/ load the pda and the csc file from the dxia5 iliad's rom

3/ inselect phone bootloader update

4/ inselect start downloading immediately

5/ connect the i900 via usb

6/ select detect

7/ when start downloadin appairs, click on it.

8/ pry god

but iliad :

1/ what is the eboot+pda+phone+multilang bottun ? do i click on it ?

2/ is that the step i should folow to upgrad with your dxia5 rom ?

no need for something else ?

3/ no need to load an ebbot loader files or multilanguage files ?

thanks

Iliad i need help please,

i tried to flash using your cab to fix the bluetooth, but nothing happened :

first i used granprix, i load the pda files, calculation happened succeful

then i load the scs files, and in step 2 i uncheck the boot update box.

i didnt load any other files,

i never flash before my i900

my version is hj2

then i select "detect" box

plug my i900 and reset from the button in the i900 device

wainting for detection,

but my i900 start normaly, and the grandprix does nothing.

exuse me for my english and using conjugaison, im beginner in engish studies.

what's wrong with my procedure ?

do i need to let the "boot update" box checked ? but you advise not in your main post. and i dont have a boot file to load in the first step; neither a multilaguage files.

what can i do now ?

thanks for helping me, a newbe in flashing phone

Stevenh

Stevenh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Hi Steven, I am a just a newbie of rom cooking. I used a customized EXE firmware (i900DXIA5 eboot + PDA, i908 ZHIB1 Phone).
Then I cooked my rom using i900DXIA5 template (21112 XIP) with liads fix only and it works ok.

I am now trying your fix - make the rom based on same template. I followed your instruction to rebuild the os.nb and do liads fix and your fix, and then cooked rom.
Please educate me if this is ok, can I just flash this rom without update the bootloader? Or is there any risk to flash the rom with your bootloader? Thanks!!

Sorry if my English confused you.

Where did you get the 21112 XIP from? The standard IA5 XIP is 20270 I think so there's a risk it won't boot with that new XIP and your IA5 SYS unless you also ported SYS.
There's a BUIB1 phone section kicking around somewhere you can use, that's still i900.
If you use my XIP or any other XIP that has nk.exe replaced, then you will have to use the i908ZH bootloader. Flashing bootloader should be fine as long as you don't disconnect or computer doesn't crash during that critical part of flash process. Wouldn't recommend flashing a bootloader from unknown source though...

happy_joe

happy_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Where did you get the 21112 XIP from? The standard IA5 XIP is 20270 I think so there's a risk it won't boot with that new XIP and your IA5 SYS unless you also ported SYS.
There's a BUIB1 phone section kicking around somewhere you can use, that's still i900.
If you use my XIP or any other XIP that has nk.exe replaced, then you will have to use the i908ZH bootloader. Flashing bootloader should be fine as long as you don't disconnect or computer doesn't crash during that critical part of flash process. Wouldn't recommend flashing a bootloader from unknown source though...

Thanks mate.
I believe both XIP and SYS are 21112, which should come from other models (HTC I guess). I made a snapshot on the firmware, see attached.
Will the i908 phone section be a problem? I don't want to touch the phone section unless have to.
I may give a try with your fix tomorrow morning, will pray tonight...

Attached Files

Stevenh

Stevenh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Thanks mate.
I believe both XIP and SYS are 21112, which should come from other models (HTC I guess). I made a snapshot on the firmware, see attached.
Will the i908 phone section be a problem? I don't want to touch the phone section unless have to.
I may give a try with your fix tomorrow morning, will pray tonight...

So are you trying to port a new XIP/SYS or have you already done that? You can't use an XIP from another device directly, you will have to do a lot of module relocations before it can be useable on your Omnia...
Maybe you should start a new topic for this?

Steven

yasine

yasine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
hi iliad,

i try again, selecting the phone bootloader update box this time.

and, no, nothing happened again,

device not detected,

are this issue because of activesynch,

do i must uninstall activsynch before ?

someone for helping me ?

happy_joe

happy_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

So are you trying to port a new XIP/SYS or have you already done that? You can't use an XIP from another device directly, you will have to do a lot of module relocations before it can be useable on your Omnia...
Maybe you should start a new topic for this?

Steven

I use the "template" that released by experts, with include the os.nb, ROM, SYS and OEM files. The XIP has been modified to suit Omnia. Anyway I will use your XIP to rebuild os.nb, is this the correct way? Apart from the steps in your tutorial, is there anything else I should do?

Stevenh

Stevenh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

I use the "template" that released by experts, with include the os.nb, ROM, SYS and OEM files. The XIP has been modified to suit Omnia. Anyway I will use your XIP to rebuild os.nb, is this the correct way? Apart from the steps in your tutorial, is there anything else I should do?

The files I released are for standard Omnia 20270 builds, I do not know if it will work for your build. Unless you know how to port your own XIP etc, then I suggest you stick with 20270 SYS as well. You may get a non-booting system mixing XIP and SYS.

yasine

yasine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
my i900 is out of service,

im B)

flash done, job done,

but when he restart, just the crenn samsung omina nothing else

what i m going to do now ?

Stevenh

Stevenh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

my i900 is out of service,

im B)

flash done, job done,

but when he restart, just the crenn samsung omina nothing else

what i m going to do now ?

Download and flash with one of the custom ROMs that has all parts, e.g. Taril, Shokka9 etc and see if it works.

yasine

yasine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
yes it re work again,

im now on pda i900xchg5 and iphone i900xxhg5

but i am not spanich or portugaise

what i am going do to next,

reflashing using only the ilaid two files,

but my phone part are not english nor french

Stevenh

Stevenh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

yes it re work again,

im now on pda i900xchg5 and iphone i900xxhg5

but i am not spanich or portugaise

what i am going do to next,

reflashing using only the ilaid two files,

but my phone part are not english nor french

Try reflash with something like this:
http://www.modaco.co...-lite-rom-look/
That has new phone part and BT fix, you can then try a different ROM if you want somehting more...

yasine

yasine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
thanks to you stevenh

i m downloading shoka's rom,

ill post reply when finishing the flaching

yasine

yasine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
finelly its work !!!

i have installed the shank's room, and it didnt work

but my rom was dx5, so i decide to reinstall iliads rom on it,

i was afraid, because earlier i tried it, and it f.k my i900

but all thing gone great

i installed voice command, connet the bluetooth set, and says "what time is it" in french, and i hear "il est 01:15" in the bluetooth set

whaou, one month later i did it,

so thank you iliad, and other supporter how help me in my story.

now ill enjoy it before trying something else.

Chris64

Chris64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I'm still waiting for your fix the waken up bug.

I tried other ROMs but, I prefer yours.

Somehow my HS (SE HBH-IV840) works best with your ROM.

Thanks

palah

palah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Devices:Omnia was :) i900DTJ9/DTHJ9
using Omnia TouchFlo2D build 21193 (22 March 2009) and no wake up bug & works like it should... to all concerned you have made my i900 the way i required with the BT working as it should ... thanks to you B) ... shame Samsung for leaving us i900 users out in the cold :(

HTC Touch Pro 2
MVC 1.6UK
Garmin XT

milind yande

milind yande

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900
Hi All, can anyone please redirect me to a final rom link, from where I can download the all working version for BT headset problem. It would be great if someone can send me step by step procedure for flashing this particular rom. I will flashing rom for the first time.

One more question, will I be able to listen to radio wirelessly using BT stereo headset with this rom?

Waiting for your responses.

Can you guys help me out for installing this custom rom.

Edited by milind yande, 25 March 2009 - 11:36 AM.

vergiskr

vergiskr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Has anyone actually got Voice dial to activate when I press the button on my bluetooth device? I using Shoakka's 15M with BT ROM

I have installed Jetaware and Cyberon VD. But it still needs me to initiate the Cyberon VD from my device. When I click the bluetooth button, it still just opens my phone dialer.

Is it that the entire thread is dedicated to MS Voice commander?

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users