316 replies to this topic

liads

liads

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900

Ok, I tried the i908ZHIB1 ROM, couldn't get the audio routing to my handsfree for VC, but then again mines a shitty headset that came with my old phone and doesn't support voice command anyway.... When you guys press the menu button on the phone and issue a voice command, does the response come back through your headset?
Regarding issue #2, even in the IB1 ROM, if you're in a call with the headset, speaker doesn't work, don't think there is a way to transfer call back to speaker unless it is a menu option...

Steven

I think the bluetooth headset needs to support voice recognition activation for VC to work with it. When the headset connects with the phone, they actually exchange information on whether voice recognition is available or not.
When I press the menu button on the phone, the response comes from the phone speaker. It's only when it's activated using the bluetooth headset, that the headset is used.
Issue #2 is about the speakerphone, when you hit "Speaker On" during a call without a headset.
You can switch back from hands-free mode during a call with Menu->"Turn Hands-Free Off" :(

liads

liads

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

when using my Parrot carkit it stops the call being initiated from the carkit itself yet i can start vc from it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a car kit to test with. Does it work correctly when VC is not installed?

I would like to try Cyberon but cannot find what to change to make the bluetooth button start Cyberon instead of MVC i know you are still working on it so maybe these things will be fixed in time many thanks for your work already samsung should employ you!!

It's very likely that two voice recognition softwares installed in the same time will somehow conflict. The bluetooth headset button is owned by whoever his dll is referenced from "BTAGExtModule" in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway

palah

palah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Devices:Omnia was :) i900DTJ9/DTHJ9

The audio configuration might need some more tweaking. I've only changed the "not in call" digital audio volume for bluetooth to fit my headset (BlueAnt Z9i).

keep up the good work Liads .... using an Z9i myself so good to know it works... hopefully other talented people can work with you to iron out the bugs

HTC Touch Pro 2
MVC 1.6UK
Garmin XT

Khuanchai

Khuanchai

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

Releases:
[22-Feb-2009] Initial release
Known issues:

• Device can only be woken up from suspend mode using the power button. No matter how you set it up in control panel, no other button is able to wake up the device. (You might be able to get it to work momentarily, but once any audio is played, the issue will resume)
  • Speakerphone cannot be turned on while in a call, and it will lock the screen if you try (i.e. screen won't respond to touch). The screen will unlock when the call ends.

Friends,

Good news! Replacing "OEMApps\wakeup.dll" and "OEMDrivers\speakerphone.dll" with those from i908 OEM will eliminate the bugs of wakeup and speakerphone described above.

It's possible that I will make a new customized M2D ROM incorporated with this feature soon.

Edited by Khuanchai, 24 February 2009 - 01:37 AM.

Thanks to friends who donated. Click here if you want to help. :)

palah

palah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Devices:Omnia was :) i900DTJ9/DTHJ9

Friends,

Good news! Replacing "OEMApps\wakeup.dll" and "OEMDrivers\speakerphone.dll" with those from i908 OEM will eliminate the bugs of wakeup and speakerphone described above.

It's possible that I will make a new customized M2D ROM incorporated with this feature soon.

Cool, if you have actually tested and found working cannot wait for a Rom with this feature fully working... sorry cannot give anything but moral support :( but appreciate all you talented cookers out there ... you help make our devices reach their potencial

HTC Touch Pro 2
MVC 1.6UK
Garmin XT

liads

liads

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Friends,

You're awesome ! B)
Wakeup.dll is identical between i900DXIA2 and i908ZHIB1, so it must have been the speakerphone driver causing both problems.
I'll test it as soon as my Omnia regains strength (it's charging), and I regain strength (it's 4am here)... :(

sector

sector

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
Question: :(

The attached files should be replaced in OEMDrivers? You have told to replace them (zylonite and touch dlls) in DXIA2 or any other i900 rom, but then there is a post about touch.dll that will make unusable the screen.

Shall we do it or not? B)

If you like my work buy me a beer :) !
Posted Image
WM 6.5/6.1 roms, Themes, Taskbar etc... :D

kheung

kheung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Hi Liads, can you explain and post step by step of how to replace the two folders to which folder under device? I cannot find the OEMDrivers. thanks.

Edited by kheung, 24 February 2009 - 04:34 AM.

happy_joe

happy_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Hi Liads, can you explain and post step by step of how to replace the two folders to which folder under device? I cannot find the OEMDrivers. thanks.

It is not the way to replace the file in the device, yet you need to use them to replace the files that used to cook your own ROM.

liads

liads

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
happy_joe is correct.
OEMDrivers is a folder you modify during the cooking of a ROM.
That's why the instructions are in a "for ROM cooks" section.

sector - the warning about touch.dll refers to replacing the file on the device itself in \Windows .
If you try to replace these drivers on the device (i.e. not with cooking), the drivers will stop functioning until you remove the replacing files and uncover the original ROM files. Since without a working touch.dll you basically have no interface with the device, a hard reset will most likely be needed to restore the original files (or maybe you can use ActiveSync to remove the replacing files).

liads

liads

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Friends,

Just tested it.
Speakerphone problem is indeed gone ! :(

However, the wakeup problem still exists. B)
As before, if you change the button configuration in Control Panel to something else and then set it back to either wake by front buttons or wake by any key - it will seem to work fine. But, once your device plays any audio (even the beep of changing the volume), the problem will resume and the device will not wake up for buttons other than the power button.

I'll make a new release with the speakerphone driver.

Thanks again, Khuanchai !

Stevenh

Stevenh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I tried replacing all the drivers and the whole of OEM Apps with those from i908, but the wakeup problem still exists, so must be a problem elsewhere...

Steven

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Devices:iPhone 5, HTC One
  • Twitter:@shokka9
Can anyone confirm that this works when building ROM....

I dont mean replacing all files in OEMDrivers....just the bluetooth issues.

Would be good to get it going..

HTC One | Unlocked Bootloader | CWM | Root | S-OFF

Ali Ghassemi

Ali Ghassemi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Samsung, I900
Dear Liads,

Thank you very much for what you have done and your valuable time that you have spent to solve this critical and safety issue. I hope Samsung learns someday to respect and to consider customer's feedback specially when it deals with such an important issue.

Awaiting your new releases,
Ali

Stevenh

Stevenh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Can anyone confirm that this works when building ROM....

I dont mean replacing all files in OEMDrivers....just the bluetooth issues.

Would be good to get it going..

I'm only replacing all files in OEMDrivers to see if I can get rid of the wakeup issue. I don't have a VC compatible headset so can't comment on whether the BT routing issue is fixed or not.

BTW, anyone else notice that the phone disconnects from bluetooth headset quite frequently, i.e. it forgets that it is supposed to be connected to a BT headset so when a call comes in and you answer it, it goes to phone and not headset?

Steven

liads

liads

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Release 2 is out.
Check main post.

liads

liads

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

I tried replacing all the drivers and the whole of OEM Apps with those from i908, but the wakeup problem still exists, so must be a problem elsewhere...

Steven

Yep, I tried it as well.
I also tried replacing some SYS packages, to no avail. (Haven't yet tried replacing both SYS packages and OEM Apps in the same rom)

I think fixing this will require some modification of the audio driver. I've disassembled it, but couldn't yet find where it messes with the keypad.
Another interesting thing - when only touch.dll and zylonite_wavedev2.dll are taken from i908, the wakeup issue can be temporarily resolved by changing the button configuration back and forth. However, when installing the keypad driver as well (zylonite_keypad_Us.dll), this is no longer the case and nothing can get wakeup working for other buttons.
I'm trying to analyze the differences between the i908 zylonite_keypad_Us.dll and the i900 one (easier than the audio driver since it's much smaller and have less differences).

Khuanchai

Khuanchai

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
Liads,

I'm using the i908 English ROM (HH2) and its wakeup.dll is a bit bigger than IA2's. Please try this file:
http://rapidshare.co...6394/Wakeup.dll

For me, there is no wakeup issue at all. :(

Thanks to friends who donated. Click here if you want to help. :)

liads

liads

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Khuanchai,
Just tried it and it's still the same (I didn't cook it, just dropped it in \Windows)
I think Wakeup.dll is just the implementation of the wakeup tab in the Control Panel buttons settings.

Did you take all the other drivers from this ROM version as well?

Stevenh

Stevenh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Managed to catch Khuanchai just as I was building a ROM, will add the file in and try it out and let you know if it works...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users