help viewing ip camera

Guest Prits_uk2002

Guest Prits_uk2002

hi im trying to view my ip camera on my tytn II but have ran into problems. i have connected the camera so i can connect to the internet anywhere in the world and access it as long as i have internet explorer and an ocx file installed. once you visit the site there is a link at the bottom of the page which downloads a ocx setup file (i beleve this is somesort of activex control). once installed you never need to run it again. the only problem is the file wont work on the tytn II. i just get loads of text on the screen. is there anyway around this? perhasp convertion so it works on my tytn II? or is there any other solution? any help would be very greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Guest dirlan2001
hi im trying to view my ip camera on my tytn II but have ran into problems. i have connected the camera so i can connect to the internet anywhere in the world and access it as long as i have internet explorer and an ocx file installed. once you visit the site there is a link at the bottom of the page which downloads a ocx setup file (i beleve this is somesort of activex control). once installed you never need to run it again. the only problem is the file wont work on the tytn II. i just get loads of text on the screen. is there anyway around this? perhasp convertion so it works on my tytn II? or is there any other solution? any help would be very greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Hi,

*.ocx files are for PC not PPC. Better ask the provider of the service if he's got an ActiveX component for PPC..

:(

Dirk

• 1 year later...