Diamond vs Diamond 2 size comparison

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

CNet Asia have published a selection of Touch Diamond 2 photographs, including some size comparisons with the current Touch Diamond.

As you can see, the device is slightly taller, but the effect of the larger WVGA screen is largely mitigated by the removal of the dpad. On the whole, I think it pretty much retains the original's great proportions, even if i'm not 100% sold on the design itself yet... do you agree? :(

Note the lack of the diamond faceted back (HTC say this is due to feedback about the device not sitting flat on a surface) and the slight middle aged spread (happens to the best of us)... heh...

P

diamond1vs2.png

Guest deadphill
If you keep in mind it *is* only a refresh, it still looks the business imho! Love that wVGA screen :(

A refresh with a major difference, you can now add your own micro sd card, which on the original diamond I was finding a right pain. I never thought I would ever say this a few years ago but 4gb is just not enough, especially the way I use my phone as my entertainment device when driving.

The diamonds buttons on my device anyway are a bit pants, totally unresponsive to commands like end call needs to be pressed about 10 times to end a call so I am really not bothered there is no D pad. This is probably going to be a resident device in my household when it comes out on T-mobile.

Cheers

Phill

Guest deadphill

I don't get a sound lag that's how! Have you updated your rom or radio or maybe even both?

Oh and by the way this is my 500th post! Whooo hoooo!

Cheers

Phill

I don't get a sound lag that's how! Have you updated your rom or radio or maybe even both?

Oh and by the way this is my 500th post! Whooo hoooo!

Cheers

Phill

You must be the only one. The lag affects all radios and ROMS.

Guest rav1patel

the new diamond looks nice but i'm not getting anything now till winmo 7. after 6 htcs in a row i'm bored. a minor software update won't cut it.

i like what they've done. the keypad on the diamond is a total waste of space. the dpad is totally crap and i always end up pressing end calli instead of right. the build quality is also shoddy and there's major light bleed through the gap at the top of the keypad. why can't they go back to joysticks. my c600s one was perfect.

the wvga would be great. should help with the keyboard covering up what you're writing as there'll still be more visible screen left.

Likewise. What do you mean by sound lag?

If you listen to music on any of the latest HTC devices (Diamond, HD etc) through headphones you will find the sound jumps every 5 minutes. I'm not sure if it affects the Omnia or not.

Edited by Looby

Guest NuShrike

"device not sitting flat on a surface"

I wonder what other common sense One and Co & HTC ignored when they created the Diamond/Touch Pro line. Seems the best fix was to remove the broken d-pad design too.

I still believe the Kaiser was their last, best, solid design that respected well-matured industry best practices and just needed a bigger VGA screen and flat touch-screen refinements. It's too bad HTC is too busy jumping onto the touch-ergonomics bankrupt iPhone coat-tails to notice.

I never could have believed a company with such a solid background could create such duds. But no matter how much you shine one, it's still a ...

I've had the Diamond for only about 2 weeks now (in fact the Diamond 2 was announced later on the day I ordered my Diamond!), but I agree with other comments about the D-pad, it is mostly unusable. Other buttons work fine for me though.

I must say I personally like the design of Diamond 2 more than the original Diamond, but in the photos it looks like it's going to be thicker? As for the faceted back of the original Diamond - I was quite concerned with this before actually receiving the device - on all the photos that show it, it looked like it is too "bumpy" probably because of the reflections, whereas in reality it is quite acceptable, and almost flat.

Guest timeline

good it doesn't have the crap shapes on the back.

I'm sure all the TC owners and now Diamond owners who bought their devices under 1yr ago will be glad their device is not out of date - and that probably they won't get rom updates now the new ver is out.

HTC is trying to become the Canon of PDAs. Dozens of models/yr, nobody knows all the features, no model is worth crap after a few months.

Makes me hold off my upgrade plans.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.