Sashimi on Omnia for the dummies

Guest pepech

How to reinstall 90% of your Omnia , after Hard reset or flash

For months , you can see here a lot of custom Roms , with some specific applications cooked in , but , as many of you , I was fed up wasting one hour ( and even more sometimes ) to reinstall my softs , tweaks , and connections settings . Some cookers decided to cook Sieuth UC in their Rom , but UC ( as far I know ) can only reinstall your softs in device memory . I try to install most of my softs in My Storage .That' s why I have looked for an alternative solution , and I found it within Sashimi

In this purpose , we will use the magic tool designed by Bengalih : SASHIMI version 7.9

More info on the author's site HERE

sashimiqk6.jpg

First of all

This solution is neither the easier nor the shortiest one , needs to spend time configuring Sashimi , and that' s why I would advice to use it , if you are Flashaddict only .

This software was designed for the HTC Kaiser . From the beginning , Sashimi is an installer , UC capable , using mortscripts ( Mortscript v 4.1.7 beta at least ) , able to import .reg files , .XML files: so you can reinstall all your softs , your tweaks , your Email and Wifi connection settings

I am not Bengalih , but just a newbie who wants saving ( a lot of ) time after flashing or Hard resetting . Bengalih improved gradually Sashimi , and now , Sashimi can be run on most of VGA or QVGA devices ; but the Samsung Omnia résolution is WQVGA , and when running Sashimi the very first time , an error occurs , disabling the SDConfig ; to be able to run safely ( without errors ) Sashimi , install SDKCerts.cab , then install WVGAFIX3.cab , soft reset ; run WVGAFIX3 , define QVGA resolution , set : the 80 pixels in the bottom of the screen become black , you are done

pccapture2lz2.jpgpccapture1dk9.jpg

Next step : installSahimi.cab : I have put it on the Sd Card

Two different situations :

a) first installation for Sashimi : after getting QVGA resolution , execute the cab , install it on the Storage Card ; a new directory ( Sashimi ) is created at the root of the storage card

We have to patch Sashimi to enable auto install on My Storage : unzip sashimi.mscr.rar and copy the sashimi.mscr file in Storage card/Sashimi/program/bin , overwrite the original one

:( Sashimi is installed on the Storage Card and patched , but you just flashed a new firmware or done a hard reset : to launch Sashimi ( and creating the shortcuts in Start/ programs ) , use file explorer , and go to Storage Card /Sashimi/Program/bin/sashimi.exe ( file size : about 8 ko ) . Launching Sashimi this way recreates shorcuts in Start/programs

pccapture3hy3.jpgpccapture4kl1.jpg

Close Sashimi and with WVGAFIX3 , enable WQVGA resolution .

In the parent directory Storage Card/Sashimi , there are four subfolders Auto , Backups , Manual , Program ( below screenshot ) ; you can choose auto , manual or auto+manual installation

pccapture2zd8.jpg

Let ' s see full automatic install

1) First , copy the cabs you want to install in My Storage/Program Files in Storage Card /Sashimi/Auto/CAB/SC

2) Then , copy the cabs which have to be insttalled in device memory in Storage Card /Sashimi/Auto/CAB

pccapture3dd8.jpg

3) copy your own regkeys in Storage Card/Sashimi/Auto/REG

pccapture5zw2.jpg

4) copy the mortscript(s) you create in Storage Card /Sashimi/Auto/SCRIPTS

5) copy the XML files ( email and wifi connection settings ) , created by Makisu ( see Attachment 2 ) in Storage Card /Sashimi/Auto/XML

6) Copy the files or directories you want to install at the root of My Device in Storage Card/SASHIMI/Auto/Root

7) Launch Sashimi ( QVGA mode )

9) Choose Auto and agree ( OK )

pccapture1gd1.jpg

10) Within five minutes , more than 85% of your job is done , without any manual intervention

ATTACHMENT 1 : creating backups ( owner reg , specific regkeys )

pccapture5ir4.jpgpccapture6lq6.jpg

pccapture7jh9.jpg

ATTACHMENT 2 : creating XML files with makisu

pccapture8sw8.jpg

Conclusion

This is only a quick review for basical functions ; Sashimi can be much more efficient . Sorry, I don' t have the basical knowledge to do better job atm , but no doubt some of you should improve a lot this tutorial

Regards

Current version 8.0

Sashimi 8.0 is here , and supports now natively Omnia resolution ; install the cab on the storage card , fill the folders with whatever you need and run it

CHANGE LOG AND FIXES

v.8.0 - 4/12/09

* NEW! - Added support for Touch HD and other 480x800 resolution devices.

* NEW! - Added support for Omnia and other 240x400 resolution devices.

* NEW! - Added support for 240x240 resolution devices.

* NEW! - Entirely new code routine to dynamically determine Storage Card/Internal Storage/Etc. has changed to support more device locations.

* NEW! - ASL - Alternate Storage Location (\CAB\ASL) directory allows for devices with multiple external storage locations to enable Auto install to both.

* NEW! - AUTO files have been completely rewritten to work with new SC/ASL detection routines. Much simpler format!

* NEW! - "Skip" directory (\CAB\Skip) allows for a temporary placement of files to be skipped during Auto Install.

* NEW! - Added Settings option to toggle automatic restart after Auto phase execution has completed.

* NEW! - Added Aggressive Auto Resume setting to modify behavior resulting from device reboots during Auto phase.

* NEW! - Added Settings option to toggle AUTORUN registry flag being set after a successful AUTORUN.

* NEW! - Added Settings option to manually reset AUTORUN registry flag.

* UPDATED! - Custom Links INI file generation now allows optional enumeration of subdirectories.

* UPDATED! - Management of alternate settings.ini files optimized.

* UPDATED! - Settings Menu structure reworked for streamlined organization of all settings.

* UPDATED! - Fixed minor issue where selecting a change for a missing directory on startup wasn't saving to INI file.

* UPDATED! - Fixed issue with PIM restore (restore pim.vol in lowercase (instead of PIM.VOL).

* UPDATED! - Fixed issue with some non-English languages giving errors because of missing "license" info.

* UPDATED! - Additional minor code optimizations.

* UPDATED! - MortScript to version 4.2.

* UPDATED! - Makisu to 1.9.2.

you can find it HERE

Enjoy

Edited by pepech

Guest confucius

I've configured my E-mail account, and my WIFI connexion. How find the xml which have been created or updated ...

PS : i hope i don't have to do the same configuration directly in MAKISU ( manually it's very long .. )

Edited by confucius

Guest pepech
I've configured my E-mail account, and my WIFI connexion. How find the xml which have been created or updated ...

PS : i hope i don't have to do the same configuration directly in MAKISU ( manually it's very long .. )

just execute Makisu and fill each field , as asked by Makisu : that will create the provisonning XML files , and save them in Sashimi directory ; this way , each time you flash or hard reset your phone , Sashimi will automatically reinstall these settings

Edited by pepech

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bengalih

pepech,

I appreciate you spreading the gospel of SASHIMI, however I would like to point out a couple of things.

Firstly, the site you mention as the author's (a.k.a. mine) is not correct. I have no idea whose site that is.

The home of SASHIMI is at:

www.winmo-experts.com

Also, I am a little confused about the fixes you are doing to try to get SASHIMI to work. Had you posted to my site I would have worked with you on getting this to work natively on the WQVGA resolutions.

I dont' have an Omnia to test on, but from what it looks like...the only reason you are installing all of these CABs is to change your resolution to one supported by SASHIMI.

I see you have edited the SASHIMI.mscr file as well and it seems you added in more keyrepeat values. This really isn't necessary because you can just change the SC UI Key Value to change the Storage Card location.

I will be releasing a new version of SASHIMI soon, and would like to get proper support in for the Omnia (and other WQVGA devices).

Please go over to winmo-experts and post there to get my attention and I will work with you on getting proper omnia support.

Thanks

-bengalih

Guest pepech

Thanks Bengalih for your comments

1) first post edited with the good link

2) I will try to explain you , with details , in WinMo how hard it was ( for the newbie I am ) to make Sashimi working on Omnia

Guest bengalih

pepech.

I have some other people with Omnia's and we are trying to get SASHIMI to function properly.

If you want to continue to assist, you can check out this thread over at winmo and download the latest beta version:

http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php...18&start=50

Also, I would appreciate if you would remove the SASHIMI cab from your post and instead direct people over to winmo-experts for the most up to date versions.

thanks

Guest pepech
pepech.

Also, I would appreciate if you would remove the SASHIMI cab from your post and instead direct people over to winmo-experts for the most up to date versions.

thanks

Done

Link to download the cab in the beginning of the first post

The process as exposed above is working with all the WM 6.1 Roms I have flashed here , with original , 20757 , 20954 , and even 21028 build but it doesn' t work with WM 6.5 ( build 21198 ) Shokka and KhuanchaĂ¯ ones

Edited by pepech

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pepech

Sashimi 8.0 is here , and supports now natively Omnia resolution ; install the cab on the storage card , fill the folders with whatever you need and run it

CHANGE LOG AND FIXES

v.8.0 - 4/12/09

* NEW! - Added support for Touch HD and other 480x800 resolution devices.

* NEW! - Added support for Omnia and other 240x400 resolution devices.

* NEW! - Added support for 240x240 resolution devices.

* NEW! - Entirely new code routine to dynamically determine Storage Card/Internal Storage/Etc. has changed to support more device locations.

* NEW! - ASL - Alternate Storage Location (\CAB\ASL) directory allows for devices with multiple external storage locations to enable Auto install to both.

* NEW! - AUTO files have been completely rewritten to work with new SC/ASL detection routines. Much simpler format!

* NEW! - "Skip" directory (\CAB\Skip) allows for a temporary placement of files to be skipped during Auto Install.

* NEW! - Added Settings option to toggle automatic restart after Auto phase execution has completed.

* NEW! - Added Aggressive Auto Resume setting to modify behavior resulting from device reboots during Auto phase.

* NEW! - Added Settings option to toggle AUTORUN registry flag being set after a successful AUTORUN.

* NEW! - Added Settings option to manually reset AUTORUN registry flag.

* UPDATED! - Custom Links INI file generation now allows optional enumeration of subdirectories.

* UPDATED! - Management of alternate settings.ini files optimized.

* UPDATED! - Settings Menu structure reworked for streamlined organization of all settings.

* UPDATED! - Fixed minor issue where selecting a change for a missing directory on startup wasn't saving to INI file.

* UPDATED! - Fixed issue with PIM restore (restore pim.vol in lowercase (instead of PIM.VOL).

* UPDATED! - Fixed issue with some non-English languages giving errors because of missing "license" info.

* UPDATED! - Additional minor code optimizations.

* UPDATED! - MortScript to version 4.2.

* UPDATED! - Makisu to 1.9.2.

you can find it HERE

Enjoy

Edited by pepech

Guest Nomad76

you can find it HERE

Enjoy

I've just tried the new version...it is the bomb! You only have to install the one file, and its native resolution. Plus you can install onto "My Storage" by placing the cab files in the ASL directory and setting the path. It also resumes on reset. Thank YOU!

Guest rendeiro2005
Done

Link to download the cab in the beginning of the first post

The process as exposed above is working with all the WM 6.1 Roms I have flashed here , with original , 20757 , 20954 , and even 21028 build but it doesn' t work with WM 6.5 ( build 21198 ) Shokka and KhuanchaĂ¯ ones

false :lol: i`ve just install on the latest wm6.5 from sector & it works like a charm :D

Guest pepech
false :lol: i`ve just install on the latest wm6.5 from sector & it works like a charm :D

the new version ( ie 8.0 ) works like a charm on WM 6.5 ROM , but the version I was talking about is the previous one ( ie 7.9 ) , and with the 7.9 version , cab install on My Storage didn' t work as it should on 3in1 KhuanchaĂ® ' s Rom

Guest pepech

the version I was talking about was the previous version ( ie 7.9 ) : Auto cab install on My Storage didn' t work as it should on 21500 and 21210 3 in 1 Khuanchai' s Roms

I agree the new one works as a charm

Guest rendeiro2005
the new version ( ie 8.0 ) works like a charm on WM 6.5 ROM , but the version I was talking about is the previous one ( ie 7.9 ) , and with the 7.9 version , cab install on My Storage didn' t work as it should on 3in1 KhuanchaĂ® ' s Rom

you`re absolutly right :D my mistake

i just realyse that after reading SASHIMI forum. sorry about that, but since no one posted about it i think that`s an important issue to refer :lol:

Guest pepech
you`re absolutly right :D my mistake

i just realyse that after reading SASHIMI forum. sorry about that, but since no one posted about it i think that`s an important issue to refer :lol:

Don' t worry , bro

ERRARE HUMANUM EST :lol:

Guest Okie65
How to reinstall 90% of your Omnia , after Hard reset or flash

Regards

All my computers tell me it is malware, isolate it - and that's that.

Is there a similar program or at least another version that will not be recognized as malware? Thx for advice!

Guest pepech
All my computers tell me it is malware, isolate it - and that's that.

Is there a similar program or at least another version that will not be recognized as malware? Thx for advice!

Are you kidding ? you should go to the original thread and see how many people use this soft for months

After that , ask you a basic question : am I right when I say I am the first people among thousands and thousands who discover that

this application is a malware , or is it possible that softwares on my PCs are to be removed

In my opinion , the best is asking Bengalih himself to know if Sashimi is a malware :D

Guest Jeroi

Where do I get SASHIMI 8.0? I really want to try a few different roms but restoring them with my settings takes so long so I figure that SASHIMI might help with this. Thanks

Joeri

Guest pepech
Where do I get SASHIMI 8.0? I really want to try a few different roms but restoring them with my settings takes so long so I figure that SASHIMI might help with this. Thanks

Joeri

post n° 9 , the link is in red capital letters

Guest ElDiablo77

It's a 1 page post & yet still people ask where u get the files from............the level of intelligence of some of the people here still amazes moi.

Oh & by the way it was me th@ 1st helped get this working on Omnia. I mean all I did was test some CAB files & take a few screen captures 4 Bengalih & he worked the magic but as soon as he got a beta out a lot of others got involved. So much so I didn't need 2 give any more feedback which made me wonder why it took so long in the 1st place 4 Bengalih 2 get help on the issue.

Pepech it was ur thread th@ 1st got me onto Sashimi so thanks so much 4 showing moi the light, flashing ROM's without it was a chore (understatement)

Bengalih if u read this u r the man 4 creating such a beautiful program & every1 who flashes ROM's should use it.

I think it's a good idea 2 keep all the CAB files u use in the manual folder as well because when ur not using a lite ROM some programs already get cooked in.......just my opinion like but it helps me out no end.

Peace & b wild!

Guest bpivk

Could anyone post the new version here because i really don't want to create an account just so i can download the file and then never use it again.

Guest pepech
Could anyone post the new version here because i really don't want to create an account just so i can download the file and then never use it again.

I created this thread because I think Sashimi is a great tool for flasher addicts , and I decided to share my work about it , but the author doesn' t want to mirror it . Although I understand your point of vue , I respect his one and I don' t think that creating a new account on his blog is such a boring task : more , the current version may not be the last one ; it' s up to you <_<

Guest Nomad76
I created this thread because I think Sashimi is a great tool for flasher addicts , and I decided to share my work about it , but the author doesn' t want to mirror it . Although I understand your point of vue , I respect his one and I don' t think that creating a new account on his blog is such a boring task : more , the current version may not be the last one ; it' s up to you <_<

Thanks Pepech! You put me on to Sashimi, I have used it several times since. It takes the chore out of flashing and refleshing. My favorite part is how it will restore my email and user settings. (and I have SPB Backup) But I prefer the clean install that Sashimi offers.

BTW... It only takes a few seconds to register for an account to get the software. Its a small price to pay, you'd better jump on it before he starts charging.

Guest pepech
BTW... It only takes a few seconds to register for an account to get the software. Its a small price to pay, you'd better jump on it before he starts charging.

Nothing to add

Guest Christian Spain
Nothing to add

@ Pepech

I was wondering if you would update the first post so that it is up to date (ie. get rid of all the stuff needed before the 8.0 release, and make sure the link is up to date).

I appreciate you turning me on to sashimi, but I think it might be easier to understand if you clean it up a little.

<_< :) B) :D thanks again --C