For months , you can see here a lot of custom Roms , with some specific applications cooked in , but , as many of you , I was fed up wasting one hour ( and even more sometimes ) to reinstall my softs , tweaks , and connections settings . Some cookers decided to cook Sieuth UC in their Rom , but UC ( as far I know ) can only reinstall your softs in device memory . I try to install most of my softs in My Storage .That' s why I have looked for an alternative solution , and I found it within Sashimi
In this purpose , we will use the magic tool designed by Bengalih : SASHIMI version 7.9
More info on the author's site HERE
First of all
This solution is neither the easier nor the shortiest one , needs to spend time configuring Sashimi , and that' s why I would advice to use it , if you are Flashaddict only .
This software was designed for the HTC Kaiser . From the beginning , Sashimi is an installer , UC capable , using mortscripts ( Mortscript v 4.1.7 beta at least ) , able to import .reg files , .XML files: so you can reinstall all your softs , your tweaks , your Email and Wifi connection settings
I am not Bengalih , but just a newbie who wants saving ( a lot of ) time after flashing or Hard resetting . Bengalih improved gradually Sashimi , and now , Sashimi can be run on most of VGA or QVGA devices ; but the Samsung Omnia résolution is WQVGA , and when running Sashimi the very first time , an error occurs , disabling the SDConfig ; to be able to run safely ( without errors ) Sashimi , install SDKCerts.cab , then install WVGAFIX3.cab , soft reset ; run WVGAFIX3 , define QVGA resolution , set : the 80 pixels in the bottom of the screen become black , you are done
Next step : installSahimi.cab : I have put it on the Sd Card
Two different situations :
a) first installation for Sashimi : after getting QVGA resolution , execute the cab , install it on the Storage Card ; a new directory ( Sashimi ) is created at the root of the storage card
We have to patch Sashimi to enable auto install on My Storage : unzip sashimi.mscr.rar and copy the sashimi.mscr file in Storage card/Sashimi/program/bin , overwrite the original one
Sashimi is installed on the Storage Card and patched , but you just flashed a new firmware or done a hard reset : to launch Sashimi ( and creating the shortcuts in Start/ programs ) , use file explorer , and go to Storage Card /Sashimi/Program/bin/sashimi.exe ( file size : about 8 ko ) . Launching Sashimi this way recreates shorcuts in Start/programs
Close Sashimi and with WVGAFIX3 , enable WQVGA resolution .
In the parent directory Storage Card/Sashimi , there are four subfolders Auto , Backups , Manual , Program ( below screenshot ) ; you can choose auto , manual or auto+manual installation
Let ' s see full automatic install
1) First , copy the cabs you want to install in My Storage/Program Files in Storage Card /Sashimi/Auto/CAB/SC
2) Then , copy the cabs which have to be insttalled in device memory in Storage Card /Sashimi/Auto/CAB
3) copy your own regkeys in Storage Card/Sashimi/Auto/REG
4) copy the mortscript(s) you create in Storage Card /Sashimi/Auto/SCRIPTS
5) copy the XML files ( email and wifi connection settings ) , created by Makisu ( see Attachment 2 ) in Storage Card /Sashimi/Auto/XML
6) Copy the files or directories you want to install at the root of My Device in Storage Card/SASHIMI/Auto/Root
7) Launch Sashimi ( QVGA mode )
9) Choose Auto and agree ( OK )
10) Within five minutes , more than 85% of your job is done , without any manual intervention
ATTACHMENT 1 : creating backups ( owner reg , specific regkeys )
ATTACHMENT 2 : creating XML files with makisu
This is only a quick review for basical functions ; Sashimi can be much more efficient . Sorry, I don' t have the basical knowledge to do better job atm , but no doubt some of you should improve a lot this tutorial
Current version 8.0
Sashimi 8.0 is here , and supports now natively Omnia resolution ; install the cab on the storage card , fill the folders with whatever you need and run it
CHANGE LOG AND FIXES
v.8.0 - 4/12/09
* NEW! - Added support for Touch HD and other 480x800 resolution devices.
* NEW! - Added support for Omnia and other 240x400 resolution devices.
* NEW! - Added support for 240x240 resolution devices.
* NEW! - Entirely new code routine to dynamically determine Storage Card/Internal Storage/Etc. has changed to support more device locations.
* NEW! - ASL - Alternate Storage Location (\CAB\ASL) directory allows for devices with multiple external storage locations to enable Auto install to both.
* NEW! - AUTO files have been completely rewritten to work with new SC/ASL detection routines. Much simpler format!
* NEW! - "Skip" directory (\CAB\Skip) allows for a temporary placement of files to be skipped during Auto Install.
* NEW! - Added Settings option to toggle automatic restart after Auto phase execution has completed.
* NEW! - Added Aggressive Auto Resume setting to modify behavior resulting from device reboots during Auto phase.
* NEW! - Added Settings option to toggle AUTORUN registry flag being set after a successful AUTORUN.
* NEW! - Added Settings option to manually reset AUTORUN registry flag.
* UPDATED! - Custom Links INI file generation now allows optional enumeration of subdirectories.
* UPDATED! - Management of alternate settings.ini files optimized.
* UPDATED! - Settings Menu structure reworked for streamlined organization of all settings.
* UPDATED! - Fixed minor issue where selecting a change for a missing directory on startup wasn't saving to INI file.
* UPDATED! - Fixed issue with PIM restore (restore pim.vol in lowercase (instead of PIM.VOL).
* UPDATED! - Fixed issue with some non-English languages giving errors because of missing "license" info.
* UPDATED! - Additional minor code optimizations.
* UPDATED! - MortScript to version 4.2.
* UPDATED! - Makisu to 1.9.2.
you can find it HERE
Edited by pepech, 22 May 2009 - 08:43 PM.