The official HTC Touch Cruise '09 'Ask Paul' thread...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
IMG_3638.png
This is the refreshed HTC Touch Cruise (aka the 'Touch Cruise '09')... and it's rather nice! :(

Specs are as follows...
  • Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
  • GSM / GPRS / EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, HSDPA 900 / 2100
  • 512MB ROM
  • 256MB RAM
  • WiFi 802.11 b/g
  • Bluetooth
  • 2.8" QVGA screen
  • 3.2MP fixed focus camera
  • GPS with HTC footprints
  • 103 g
  • 102 x 53.5 x 14.5 mm
  • microSD expansion
  • 1100mAh Battery

Not bad! The QVGA screen is a little disappointing, but it's a nice all round device - I particularly like the combined scroll wheel / dpad, which works great!

Have any questions? Fire away!

P

Guest Thumper Net

Does the uk version of the device have a full version of tomtom included like the dutch version has ? mine has a full benelux map included does yours have a full uk and ireland map ?

Is there a way to listen to internet radio on the phone with the device locked and the screen switched off , as when i switch off the display after locking the device the sound switches off ?

Had mine for 2 weeks now and find the battery very good , having the phone streaming live radio for 9 hours and the battery still has 20% left , which would be more if the screen lighting could be switched off , as the device does get warm when the light is on.

Whats the reception like for you ? the original cruise had a very bad reception problem , which this version does not have :( its nice to see a H in the screen with full signal , where as the nokia n96 has 2 bars and the iphone 3 bars .

Guest benjitek

Looks like an acceptable option if your carrier doesn't have much to choose from, like T-Mobile USA, and you're up for a subsidized upgrade.

Will it work as-is with T-Mobile USA's 3G? I see one of the bands listed, but not the other...

Guest Shuflie
Does the uk version of the device have a full version of tomtom included like the dutch version has ? mine has a full benelux map included does yours have a full uk and ireland map ?

Is there a way to listen to internet radio on the phone with the device locked and the screen switched off , as when i switch off the display after locking the device the sound switches off ?

Had mine for 2 weeks now and find the battery very good , having the phone streaming live radio for 9 hours and the battery still has 20% left , which would be more if the screen lighting could be switched off , as the device does get warm when the light is on.

Whats the reception like for you ? the original cruise had a very bad reception problem , which this version does not have :( its nice to see a H in the screen with full signal , where as the nokia n96 has 2 bars and the iphone 3 bars .

Don't have one to test this but what I do on my Touch HD is set up gyrator to switch the screen off when I put the stylus back in its silo without putting the phone to sleep. If the new touch cruise has a magnetic stylus that turns the device on when you remove the stylus you could try this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.