i900 DXIA5, 20757 XIP/SYS, BT Fix, Clean ROM

Guest Stevenh

Guest Stevenh
ok its confirmed ... i flashed ur pda rom on top of the qbus rom and my imei last digit remained at 1 ...

think its the BUIB1 giving the problems ...

haa ... waiting for ur next version of pda rom to flash =)

Oh ya for ur info "share pix" is not working

Shokka think you need not upload the version DXIA2 phone part anymore ... if possible i heard that the new DXIA5 phone part is out haa haa ... or is it possible to rescript the BUIB1 ?

Yeah I keep forgetting to update the syakr scripts for that... I removed share pix but the link remains there, quite annoying as I always delete it on the phone and then think next time remember to delete it when cooking but I always seem to forget :(

Guest phewie
Yeah I keep forgetting to update the syakr scripts for that... I removed share pix but the link remains there, quite annoying as I always delete it on the phone and then think next time remember to delete it when cooking but I always seem to forget :(

Haa don't worry haa your "fans" will remind u ha ha ...

k shall go and head to bed ... look forward to ur new version 3 in the morning =)

it should be 3pm UK time now =)

Guest Stevenh
Haa don't worry haa your "fans" will remind u ha ha ...

k shall go and head to bed ... look forward to ur new version 3 in the morning =)

it should be 3pm UK time now =)

Yup, it's should be 11pm where you are? Only remember HK time...

Any preferences to what included/excluded if I do a v3 tonight (assuming I manage to fix some of the existing issues...)?

Guest phewie
Yup, it's should be 11pm where you are? Only remember HK time...

Any preferences to what included/excluded if I do a v3 tonight (assuming I manage to fix some of the existing issues...)?

yup its 11 .... 11.15 pm to be exact ... I'm in Singapore.

Haa its a basic rom so i am fine with it cause a lot of softwares r available to d/load ... from shokka, qbus, etc etc

for your consideration, some of the more popular ones are:

Advance config 3.3

Clear temp 1.2.1

HTC task manager

Opera 9.5 b15765

total commander

Google maps

= ) have fun cooking haa haa ...

Guest shokka9
BTW, do you have a link to the app?

Not tried adding packages to my ROMs yet, next on my list :(

I requested in the BT Fix thread too, gonna cook it!!

It's easy bro to add packages...If you can do all this then adding packages will be a breeze for you!

Yeah, just update the task in SYAKR (_files folder in the kitchen). It will make sense when you do it. I still forget to update tasks, end up manually removing stuff before BuildOS. You get the hand of it bro.

Just dont start rushing stuff as you will forget something. B)

Take care

Guest Stevenh
I requested in the BT Fix thread too, gonna cook it!!

It's easy bro to add packages...If you can do all this then adding packages will be a breeze for you!

Yeah, just update the task in SYAKR (_files folder in the kitchen). It will make sense when you do it. I still forget to update tasks, end up manually removing stuff before BuildOS. You get the hand of it bro.

Just dont start rushing stuff as you will forget something. B)

Take care

Yeah I updated the panelfs task to separate it out as my friend likes the samsung panel and not plumsip so updated that, been meaning to feed that back to lastnikita and stzupy but not got round to it, will probably send that along with new xip etc at some point when I got everything worked out.

So much reading to learn so much though...

I'll prob create a guide some point this week once all these bugs have been sorted (or am I being too optimistic here? :( ) along with my minutised kitchen for XIP/SYS building, pretty much got most things automated so just run a couple of bat files in order after completed manual relocation of modules.

If I send you a 20954 XIP (without BT patch), can you see if you can get the 20954 SYS running? The problem I was having was with the phone software cprog not being allowed to run, I think it's probably some certificate or permissions thing but not had time to look into that one yet....

Would be nice to be able to have all the XIP/SYS updates working...

Steven

Guest shokka9

no problem here bro.

If i can get 20954 on DXIA5, i will be estatic!! :( I loved it!!

Just PM when you wanna send the XIP.

Also, with regards to updating sztupy's kitchen. Just post updated tasks in the thread, lastnikita will get them. I have some, but they need tidying up first tho.

Guest Stevenh
Hope you will get it right this time http://rapidshare.com/files/143496154/Cybe...dDial_Omnia.cab

Waiting your next ROM.

Cool, thanks.

I will test with this app as well but probably won't cook it into the ROMs unless it is very easy to do... still to do reading up on cab<->package conversion...

I think there was something in Stzupy's kitchen to do that...

Guest shokka9

Use sztupys cab2pkg

in shell type cab2pkg nameofcab nameofpkg

There is a how to txt doc in the kitchen.

I prefer to use Ervius Package Creator v2.7. Very simple, click to open cab, then it done. Add folder to OEM folder and thats it.

Some cabs are harder than others.

Guest Stevenh

Shokka, did you manage to try the Cyberon voice dial? I built an IA5 ROM to try Cyberon but it doesn't work, the headset won't activate it, not sure if other software such as jetware needed.

I also managed to confirm that my Jabra headset pretty s*** :(

Guest Stevenh

Sorry for lack of update today, been trying to figure out the preconfiguration thing. Seems that preconfiguration doesn't work properly with the new bootloader and hacked XIP, this is the same for the hacked IA5 XIP as well.

As soon as the new bootloader and XIP are used, preconfiguration doesn't happen. I can get it to run by replacing configxml.exe with the i908 version but I'm not convinced it is doing everything as the settings in the csc file doesn't seem to have taken any effect.

So I'll leave this down as a 'feature' of using the ROM with BT wakeup fix :(

Will look into the other bugs tomorrow.

Steven

Guest phewie
Sorry for lack of update today, been trying to figure out the preconfiguration thing. Seems that preconfiguration doesn't work properly with the new bootloader and hacked XIP, this is the same for the hacked IA5 XIP as well.

As soon as the new bootloader and XIP are used, preconfiguration doesn't happen. I can get it to run by replacing configxml.exe with the i908 version but I'm not convinced it is doing everything as the settings in the csc file doesn't seem to have taken any effect.

So I'll leave this down as a 'feature' of using the ROM with BT wakeup fix :(

Will look into the other bugs tomorrow.

Steven

No problem man =)

Guest Stevenh
No problem man =)

No update on this today, was working on another project...

Will try and get back to looking at this tomorrow, but I suspect that we will lose preconfiguration with the full BT fix...

Guest bobobird

Excellent work you are doing Stevenh, but .....

While wakeup is the only issue we know of - and that is really no biggie given it is that way on most previous winmo devices - extreme hacking to fix that seems to be making things worse then before eg the preconfig issue.

Perhaps instead of tearing your hair out (assuming you still have hair :() fixing this perhaps you should just let it go?

Personally I am 100% happy with a full Rom with BT fixed. No biggie pressing dpad to wake up or powerbutton to wake up - a button still needs to be hit. And one advantage of the power button wake up is that one wont need things like s2u2 or similar. And for those who dont use s2u2 etc, there are no worries with unintentional wake up. Seems the advantages actually outweigh the disadvantages.

Guest Stevenh
Excellent work you are doing Stevenh, but .....

While wakeup is the only issue we know of - and that is really no biggie given it is that way on most previous winmo devices - extreme hacking to fix that seems to be making things worse then before eg the preconfig issue.

Perhaps instead of tearing your hair out (assuming you still have hair B) ) fixing this perhaps you should just let it go?

Personally I am 100% happy with a full Rom with BT fixed. No biggie pressing dpad to wake up or powerbutton to wake up - a button still needs to be hit. And one advantage of the power button wake up is that one wont need things like s2u2 or similar. And for those who dont use s2u2 etc, there are no worries with unintentional wake up. Seems the advantages actually outweigh the disadvantages.

Yeah I tend to agree with you on this one... but it's just something I'd like to know why as there shouldn't be any reason for it...

Anyway, for now I'll leave this and use the i900 bootloader and try to look into other bugs such as the finger mouse issue first.

Next will be to port newer versions.

Sector should be releasing a new 21176 soon so if that's your cup of tea :( ... personally I couldn't get used to the interface so prefer 6.1 as is now and waiting for SPB 3 to come out :(

Guest Stevenh

Hi, given the issues we've had with the ROMs so far, I have temporarily dropped support for the BT fix in my ROMs until I have found a better solution. The issues I've seen so far are:

RDS of radio doesn't work - did it ever?

Bluetooth sometimes flaky - but could be my cheap headset

Camera sometimes hangs when switching from camera to video cam mode - this could possibly be fixed using the new camera application, but not tried yet.

Lock on wakeup? - not tried yet

Preconfiguration doesn't run - I think this may be a bigger issue as preconfig is needed to set up a number of things on first boot...

So for now, I've released a new ROM for those who just want the newer OS version B)

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...g-ia5-20757-uc/