myphone.microsoft.com?

Guest justpratik

hello,

myphone.microsoft.com service has started for backup.

you can register there.

looks promissing, but ont question though, it says that it can backup ur music on its server, but hey most of us, if not all of us here download mp3s for free on the internet, and as far as i know it is not really legal, but then backing up all of this on microsoft website servers!!?? LOL.

anyway could be a nice service though, for the contacts etc...

• 1 month later...
Guest keoni69

Well i just signed up for this new microsoft service, and it looks pretty nice, but too bad i cant backup any files from the windows folder. I like backing up xt9 words but it looks very nice. Im currently using SPB backup but it seems that its not backing up my sms that right, ill give this one a try...

What do you guyz think about it? who else has tried it? do you like it? or which other software do you prefer?

Guest Michael122w
Well i just signed up for this new microsoft service, and it looks pretty nice, but too bad i cant backup any files from the windows folder. I like backing up xt9 words but it looks very nice. Im currently using SPB backup but it seems that its not backing up my sms that right, ill give this one a try...

What do you guyz think about it? who else has tried it? do you like it? or which other software do you prefer?

I have been using it for a while ( in beta) and it is a really neat service and very smooth. I personally don't back up my video nor music - as it takes a little to much data from my data plan. But its great when you flash to a new ROM - a quick connection to MyPhone and your PIM data is all backed up :excl:

Oh - its worth noting that if you have the free push-email Windows Live and the My Phone account then you are getting pretty much the same thing that iphone users have to pay $100 with "MobileMe" :excl:

Edited by Michael122w

Guest keoni69
I have been using it for a while ( in beta) and it is a really neat service and very smooth. I personally don't back up my video nor music - as it takes a little to much data from my data plan. But its great when you flash to a new ROM - a quick connection to MyPhone and your PIM data is all backed up :excl:

Oh - its worth noting that if you have the free push-email Windows Live and the My Phone account then you are getting pretty much the same thing that iphone users have to pay $100 with "MobileMe" :excl:

Thats just amazing!!!100 bucks?!?!?!god!

And yes this is actualy a very very good service and its FREE huh!im digin it pretty much....

Guest bobobird
hello,

myphone.microsoft.com service has started for backup.

you can register there.

Thanks buddy

Using it now - service works fine.

But just wish MS would change to syncing based on profiles. For example - I have 3 SIMS and address books, one for each country that I regularly go to. With PIMBackup, it is just a simple case of restoring the country specific address book. But for MyPhone, I will need to have 3 different accounts.

Also it should allow choosing which folders to backup. Atm, syncing eg photos from storage medium means ALL photos irrespective of whether they are in the DCIM folder or not.

Any case, a nice free service, hopefully it will get better with time.

Edited by bobobird