Natsirt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Devices:i900 Omnia 16GB

<br /><br /><br />

i'm on qbus dxia5 rom !!

so is taril's roms the best sensitivity ??

im not sure about other roms or if tarils is the best sensitivity?? all i do know is that taril stated that in his custom DXHL3 rom, he had put in some new codes or drivers or sumthing (forgot what it is exactly B)) that makes the screen a bit more sensitive, and i really felt the difference when i switched.. especially when i was flicking and scrolling thru pictures in the media album. Prior to tarils rom i was using PaSSoA's custom DXHK1 manilla 2d rom.

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:i900

im not sure about other roms or if tarils is the best sensitivity?? all i do know is that taril stated that in his custom DXHL3 rom, he had put in some new codes or drivers or sumthing (forgot what it is exactly B) ) that makes the screen a bit more sensitive, and i really felt the difference when i switched.. especially when i was flicking and scrolling thru pictures in the media album. Prior to tarils rom i was using PaSSoA's custom DXHK1 manilla 2d rom.

yep that's the trick i was talking before, it's based on some registry values to change. The new touch will still be better than that.

JLP_SVK

JLP_SVK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Diamond2
in fact, it's not the new LCD, it's only TSP (Touch Sensing Panel). B)

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

in fact, it's not the new LCD, it's only TSP (Touch Sensing Panel). B)

yep u're right, this has nothing to do with the LCD :( Just the touch placed on top of the LCD

Natsirt

Natsirt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
im happy with my omnia the way it is now xD might not be the most sensitive screen out there.. but its decent B) dont wanna risk having to take apart the screen and then to find its loosened up and tons of dust keeps getting in there :(

lastnikita

lastnikita

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S
Sure but you said:

here in Italy if your Omnia has touch problems you just go in a Samsung service centre and they replace your old touch panel

so that's normal those people see a difference with the new touch screen if they had problems before...
so I believe there is no new screen, but some omnia with problems.
Mine needs more pressure on the right side of the screen :(
But the sensitivity is good enough on the rest... since I removed the invisible shield B)

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Sure but you said:

so that's normal those people see a difference with the new touch screen if they had problems before...
so I believe there is no new screen, but some omnia with problems.
Mine needs more pressure on the right side of the screen :(
But the sensitivity is good enough on the rest... since I removed the invisible shield B)

It appears to be a revisited version of the touchscreen, the first Omnia releases (for example July 2008) have this old touch. All the most recent like Omnia Reloaded mount the new one (more sensitive and needs less pressure). That's it :(

lastnikita

lastnikita

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S
reloaded was early 2k9, I bought mine in august !
I don't say it's wrong, just still wonder where you got this information B)

Rapixx

Rapixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
[quote name='lantony' date='Mar 18 2009, 23:03' post='984470']
of course that's my mobile and I made the 2 videos B)

Woo, ok... you obviously get the new touch sreen xD !! Mine don't work with my finger , gotta use something sharp ...

denteno

denteno

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

im not sure about other roms or if tarils is the best sensitivity?? all i do know is that taril stated that in his custom DXHL3 rom, he had put in some new codes or drivers or sumthing (forgot what it is exactly B) ) that makes the screen a bit more sensitive, and i really felt the difference when i switched.. especially when i was flicking and scrolling thru pictures in the media album. Prior to tarils rom i was using PaSSoA's custom DXHK1 manilla 2d rom.

can you plz give me the reg. value of your calibration

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

reloaded was early 2k9, I bought mine in august !
I don't say it's wrong, just still wonder where you got this information B)

read the previous page :(

Jeroi

Jeroi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:omnia I-900 + HTC Kaiser
So how can you tell which screen is what? I'm looking at the websites mentioned but how do you really know what you're buying? I have to use my nail to navigate on the screen. At this point I think that Samsung is really dropping the ball with their product. I am not at all impressed with my omnia but I just can't afford to buy a new one. B)

davidmrrr

davidmrrr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:i910 Omnia
http://forum.ppcgeek...ead.php?t=58282

After doing this regedit my touchscreen has been perfect.
its a great sensitivity and the accuracy is on point.

honestly multi touch is nice, and makes emulators much better, but id choose the omnia over the iphone any day.

Natsirt

Natsirt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

can you plz give me the reg. value of your calibration

I'm not sure how to get to my registry as i dont have any programs atm that can access that but i did find this on another post and it has helped others: maybe you should try it out B)

519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

So how can you tell which screen is what? I'm looking at the websites mentioned but how do you really know what you're buying? I have to use my nail to navigate on the screen. At this point I think that Samsung is really dropping the ball with their product. I am not at all impressed with my omnia but I just can't afford to buy a new one. B)

I am not completely sure that the touch screens on ebay are the most recent one, but i would like to buy the black one and it shoudl be the most sensitive since it's one of the most recent :(
Try this tricks on your mobile, they should improve the sensitivity: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > HARDWARE > DEVICEMAP > TOUCH >"CalibrationData" change to the following: 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > HARDWARE > DEVICEMAP > TOUCH > change the "click" value to:

and the downup value to:

but if you have to use the nail the best thing to do, would be replace the touch screen with the new one

yts17

yts17

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:Samsun omnia i900
sorry but all of you people talking about the NEW OMNIA SCREENS as a matter of fact IS a better One . sorry but where did you get that info !!!! why you are so sure. couldn't it just be that we always feels alittle disappointed about our deviced compared to new ones !

Michael122w

Michael122w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Devices:Gigabyte i3oo , Samsung Omnia

Cool! i prefer that one too, what a pity they don't provide the tools as well. Anyway do u have the old touch with sensitivity problems?
Mine is this one below, i think i have the supertouch but not completely sure :S

wow! there is no way that my omnia would respond to those sorts of finger gestures. My omnia is sweet for the fingernail movements - but if I use the padded part of my finger - it would never recognise the gesture! I would love to have that sort of recognition on my touch screen - are the ebay screens the old or new type?? Would hate to risk breaking my omnia, only to end up with the same unresponsive screen!

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

sorry but all of you people talking about the NEW OMNIA SCREENS as a matter of fact IS a better One . sorry but where did you get that info !!!! why you are so sure. couldn't it just be that we always feels alittle disappointed about our deviced compared to new ones !

With a simply search you could have avoided your question, anyway:
I can tell you that it's 100% true: i am telling this because dozens and dozens of people in Italy went to a Samsung service centre asking for a free replacement of their touch because they had to do lot of pressure and the sensitivity was really bad. The centre replaced it and all of them can see a huge improvement. ROM was still the same and nothing else had been modified except for the new touch screen.
For example read post #82 and #95 at this page.
http://www.modaco.co...solved/page/80/

Hope you all understood now B)

Edited by lantony, 20 March 2009 - 01:57 PM.

yts17

yts17

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:Samsun omnia i900

With a simply search you could have avoided your question, anyway:
I can tell you that it's 100% true: i am telling this because dozens and dozens of people in Italy went to a Samsung service centre asking for a free replacement of their touch because they had to do lot of pressure and the sensitivity was really bad. The centre replaced it and all of them can see a huge improvement. ROM was still the same and nothing else had been modified except for the new touch screen.
For example read post #82 and #95 at this page.
http://www.modaco.co...solved/page/80/

Hope you all understood now B)

mmmm Now we are talking :( ! thanks for the confirmation. for a moment i just thought that's all of that was bla bla !
I will keep an eye on that topic with more interesting now . thanks

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

mmmm Now we are talking B) ! thanks for the confirmation. for a moment i just thought that's all of that was bla bla !
I will keep an eye on that topic with more interesting now . thanks

You could have solved all your doubts by simply reading all the previous posts of this thread :( It had already been said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users