787 replies to this topic

2 Bunny

2 Bunny

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

Lol, nope, you people who keep dreaming about multitouch should stop asking around here and go out buying an Iphone.

It simply can't be a capacitive screen because of :
1. It's a spare part, so it's meant to be a substitute for the original touch panel in case of damage or malfunction, even if it's an improved version.
2. Even if it was a capacitive surface, omnia doesn't have the drivers to handle it, and not even the hardware, I strongly believe that resistive and capacitive wouldn't share the same connector, not even the same coordinate translation technology.
3. Even if it was a capacitive surface (ignoring the first two motivations mentioned above) no multitouch anyway because actually WM doesn't support it, not even in the late 6.5 release, M$ said they will support Multitouch in WM7, wich si not around and will not for a time, so a capacitive screen would be a little early for the actual software (OS) capabilities.

Omnia will never be a true multitouch device, let you soul (and the omnia's one) rest.

Yeah, the Omnia's Resistive screen is single touch (and in some ways superior, but we're not even going to dive into that in this thread), but the HD2 does have a Capacitive screen, if I'm not mistaken. Not sure about multi touch.

Just thought I'd throw that in there. The hardware would not support it though, you are right about that.

- 2 Bunny

maf107ezk0

maf107ezk0

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SGH-I900 Omnia
Hello, just wanted to say thaht I also changed my digitizer and there realy is a huge difference :lol: Good luck to all and don't rush it, be patient :D

saleiro

saleiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
My digitizer arrived today and it's already working on my phone. It's not hard but it gave me a few cold sweats.

Some words of advise:

1 - Be careful when disconnecting the cables. LCD and digitizer are the hardest to figure out, but once you know what to do is easy. You need to unlock them clicking the little locks up.
2 - No need to take off the camera.
3 - No need to remove the keyboard.

alex komo 13

alex komo 13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:i900
where understand the new Touch panel for omnia or original(stock) ?
where i can find on ebay to buy one ?
can send me someone link on ebay the new touch panel?(buy)
thx

klovar

klovar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Onmia i910
I love the internet.

Thank you everyone for all your help.

A word of advice: common sense failed me during this procedure.

I was able to install the new digitizer without a hitch, but I was negligent enough to let dust get in between the LCD and the digitizer. Don't let this happen to you! :angry:

PJ_Omnia

PJ_Omnia

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
I'm considering to changing my digitizer but the original i have on is bronze (?) colored (which i like goes well with the silver frame), but most one i find on ebay are black. Anybody have a picture to share with black mounted? Why no bronze ones on ebay?

pp56825

pp56825

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
sorry for asking, is there any visable difference between old and new touch panel? as i understand new one is black, old was gray, right? can someone give me some photos of both. i don't want to buy old one :angry:

maf107ezk0

maf107ezk0

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
Mine was the exact same colour as the old one. It is much softer though. Someone did the job of making a guide and I'm just posting another link for it - HERE IT IS (it has pictures and it made changing a lot easier).
P.S. as saleiro said, you don't need to remove the battery or the keyboard :angry:

Edited by maf107ezk0, 18 July 2010 - 09:23 PM.

Eagletalon

Eagletalon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900
Heey , my touchscreen is died so I've change it , but it doesn't do anything when I tap on it :angry: :D everything works just fine but the touchscreen , I've flashed the rom ( tought maybe it was the problem but no way the touchscreen remain insensible nothing happening ) can PLEASE anybody help me out? I don't know what to do , non have I the guaranty anymore , any help will be appriciate.
Thanks in advantage of your time .
Greetings
Joey

Edited by Eagletalon, 20 July 2010 - 10:06 PM.

CoolHandPuke

CoolHandPuke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:omnia I900
completed today. well worth it. improvements are huge. feels like a knew phone.no more fingernails yippee

maf107ezk0

maf107ezk0

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
Eagletalon, try disassembling the phone again and checking if you have put the cable for the digitizer properly. It has a hinge, so open it, put the cable in it until the contact surface is fully hidden and then close the hinge. It has to be a connection problem, since the screen isn't working with all ROMs :(

Eagletalon

Eagletalon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900

Eagletalon, try disassembling the phone again and checking if you have put the cable for the digitizer properly. It has a hinge, so open it, put the cable in it until the contact surface is fully hidden and then close the hinge. It has to be a connection problem, since the screen isn't working with all ROMs :(

Heey , i checked 3 times and also tryied an new digitizer but still no working, any other tips?

Thx

maf107ezk0

maf107ezk0

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
Well, you must have damaged the socket then... There is no other way for it not to work :|

sirron1

sirron1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I was excited about trying out a new digitizer after all the posts raving about it. I was very careful taking my i910 all apart, replacing the digitizer and then reassembling the phone. When I started it back up the LCD was black with a slight blue backlighting. Nothing visible on it at all. I took it all apart, checked the connections and reassembled, still no change. I can hear the phone functions working and it receives calls and mymobiler shows it working but the LCD is black. At one point, after a soft reset, the screen turned rainbow colors and then later it faded to black around the edge of the screen while staying dimly rainbow in the center.

I can't see any damage, I was very careful, and I've checked the cable connections several times and put the old digitizer back in, still no improvement. The last several times I've tried, mymobiler is no longer working and the phone won't shut down with the top button. I wonder if I've broken the LCD or shorted the printed circuit board somehow. Not sure if it's worth buying a LCD replacement or just getting a new phone. It's a real shame too, because I finally had the phone set up about right.

Any ideas or help will bring good karma. Thanks.

mzhomsi

mzhomsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
hey there,
i just got my new digitizer but things got BAAAAAAD

i BROKE the hinge which connect the digitizer cable with the device (this tiny gray part).
so now the screen in insensitive to touch!

can any body till me what should i do? where can i find new hinge? or where should i go to have it fixed!

and here is a picture of the broken part i got it from the manual

plllllllllllllls help me, i dont want to lose my lovely phone!

Attached Files

sirron1

sirron1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just a word of warning. After reading that the i900 and i910 digitizer are compatible (on this forum) I purchased a i900 digitizer for my i910 off e&ay and installed it in my phone. I was careful in the install but the lcd failed and the screen is unreadable. It's dark with occasional rainbow colors. I purchased a 2nd used i910 off e&ay and scavenged the lcd and put the i900 digitizer on it and it also failed upon install. I can't be sure, but I believe the i900 and i910 digitizers are not the same and may have caused the problem. I'm in the process of locating a 3rd i910 lcd and I've ordered a i910 digitizer and I'll see if that solves the problem. I can't find anything else about this on any of the forums, so maybe mine was an isolated incident but I thought I'd voice a warning.

UPDATE: I've determined that the digitizer wasn't the problem. It looks like the i900 digitizer does work in the i910 phone. My problem was that I didn't see the small lever on the LCD wiring harness plug. Once I lifted it up with a small screw driver and reinserted the wiring, the LCD worked fine. I missed this lever in the disassembly tutorial.

Edited by sirron1, 03 September 2010 - 04:50 AM.

ecoboard

ecoboard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:omnia
Well, i have an i910 digitizer on my i900 and it works very well. What happened to you might be a problem with the LCD cable and the socket. Try to connect and disconnect it a few times... it worked for me.

PedritoM

PedritoM

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Ok, just finished installing a new digitizer and all is working very well! WAY more sensitive than the original one! It seems like I have a new phone! :huh:

RickySiMo

RickySiMo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Ok, just finished installing a new digitizer and all is working very well! WAY more sensitive than the original one! It seems like I have a new phone! :P

E onde é que o compraste Pedro? É chinês ou não? Obrigado

where did you bought it Pedro? Is it chinese or not? Thanks

munie90

munie90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...:MEWNX:IT\

Bought this one, getting it the 16th. Hope i bought the right one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users