How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest omnia100

i recently replaced my digitizer with one i bought from wholesale andy on ebay the sensitivity has increased with out any tweaks i am using taril's latest rom 18.03.09. changing the screen was very easy.

Guest lantony
i recently replaced my digitizer with one i bought from wholesale andy on ebay the sensitivity has increased with out any tweaks i am using taril's latest rom 18.03.09. changing the screen was very easy.

thanks for sharing this info man! I am still waiting for mine, anyway could you please give me some advices on how to mount the screen? did u follow the guide that i posted in the first page?

Thanks in advance B)

Guest lantony
increase sensitivity in the setting and solve the problem lol

that helps but the new touchpad is totally another story (as u can read in the last pages)

Edited by lantony

Guest Rapixx
B)

What do u mean ?

I mean that when I tried to get the screws off, I badword up the screws, now I cannot get hem off anymore ... ^^

But as I said, i'm gonna get a new Omnia

Guest lantony
I mean that when I tried to get the screws off, I badword up the screws, now I cannot get hem off anymore ... ^^

But as I said, i'm gonna get a new Omnia

lolll buy the 24gb version or the Reloaded, they mount the new touch B)

Guest ssyed

Why in the world would you want to buy another omnia? did you not have enough issues with the first one? B) All the phones i've owed before this Omnia were HTC. I though this omnia would be a good investment because of all the things it comes with. However NO 3g for 850-1900, it only supports 2100 band. Screen sucks ass, for the first 3 seconds, the ringtone is so low that you cant even hear it if it is in your pocket and by the timeyou hear it and pick up your phone, you miss the call. For using GPS you have to download some next 3rd party gay software, which uses more ram to run TOM TOM. Moreover, the screen resolution is so stupid that half of the windows mobile phones dont even work. Trust me, its an idiotic idea to buy another samsung omnia. Buy an HTC, which dont have any of these retarted issues and oh guess what, ALL of them have twice as better touch response. Samsung makes shitty devices, they should not have entered the windows mobile market. I've been using an omnia from the first month it came out, my suggestion is that you dont buy this ever again. Like I said, I am not new to the touch screen phones and so far this is the shittiest piece of touch screen phone i've ever used.

Guest ssyed

Oh and one more thing i forgot to add, DOESNT HAVE A 3.5mm head phone jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for spending 700$ on a true "multimedia" phone and not getting a headphone jack?? thats just stupid

Guest bpivk

My definition of stupid is...

1. Going to an Omnia forum and *itch about Omnia

2. Buying the phone for 700$

3. Even bothering to write your post

Just my two cents

Guest lantony
Is there a way to replace the LCD to a VGA or WVGA instead of 240x400?

nope not possible, here we are talking about touchpad replacement not and lcd replacement.

Guest msra6la2
Why in the world would you want to buy another omnia? did you not have enough issues with the first one? B) All the phones i've owed before this Omnia were HTC. I though this omnia would be a good investment because of all the things it comes with. However NO 3g for 850-1900, it only supports 2100 band. Screen sucks ass, for the first 3 seconds, the ringtone is so low that you cant even hear it if it is in your pocket and by the timeyou hear it and pick up your phone, you miss the call. For using GPS you have to download some next 3rd party gay software, which uses more ram to run TOM TOM. Moreover, the screen resolution is so stupid that half of the windows mobile phones dont even work. Trust me, its an idiotic idea to buy another samsung omnia. Buy an HTC, which dont have any of these retarted issues and oh guess what, ALL of them have twice as better touch response. Samsung makes shitty devices, they should not have entered the windows mobile market. I've been using an omnia from the first month it came out, my suggestion is that you dont buy this ever again. Like I said, I am not new to the touch screen phones and so far this is the shittiest piece of touch screen phone i've ever used.

hey look, I have an SGH-F488 Touchwiz and an SGH- I900 Omnia, and my dad has a HTC Diamond, both the diamond and Omnia suck compared to the Touchwiz when it comes to screen sensitivity. Also, the Diamond is very problematic as well. So stop being a bias tw*t.

oh also, before I got me the Touchwiz and Omnia I had an HTC Touch Dual, and that one also sucks in terms of screen sensitivity plus lots of other irritating problems.

Guest Michael122w

:( :( :(

I am sooooo very happy. Just changed my digitizer- and it was very easy (though very stressful). The one that I bought was bronze (which is the same colour as my original digitizer, so I was a little worried. But it is brilliant. I can flick the screen with my finger and it moves B) I no longer have to use my nail to scroll.

The one I bough was the cheapest (only AUD$35 delivered) available on ebay. [http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=160323034917] Such a good investment.... Oh, and all of the serial numbers etc on the digitizers were exactly the same as the one that I pulled out of the device.

I wont be able to wipe the smile off my face for a week!

Guest rappetor
Why in the world would you want to buy another omnia..

.., I am not new to the touch screen phones and so far this is the shittiest piece of touch screen phone i've ever used.

That's funny. I've owned about every HTC phone since the mda compact aka qtek s100. And the Omnia is finally a good working device again. No shitty 200mhz omap or 528mhz crap Qualcomm processor (without proper driver support).

I can only guess there are multiple versions of the Omnia. 'My version' is super responsive (much much better than my Diamond with custom rom(s) + sensitivity tweaks for example), it's much faster with proper support for playing video's etc.

Actually, since the Qtek s100 this is finally a phone that makes me happy again instead of disspoint me in terms of speed and overall performance. Still I was quite pleased with my HTC devices, but performance-wise they were mostly a letdown.

All the other issues you bring up are really non-issues if you ask me. Extra gps software doesnt eat that much ram at all and is very easy to use.

Volume is a matter of setting it up correctly (since you are such an 'expert touch screen phone user' I'm quite amazed you bring this up).

And no 3.5mm plug, oh come on. Since when has that become such an issue? Not that many devices have and used to have that anyway. Samsung actually adds a nice connector piece, in which you can plug any headphones you like. Unlike my Diamond and other HTC phones, that all came with one fixed set of headphones with a mini-usb plug.

But I guess it's all very personal then. Having owned 7 different HTC devices before the Omnia I'm quite pleased with the Omnia. In my opinion they really hit the nail on the head there (Samsung that is). Sure, HTC devices have their pro's and cons and so does the Omnia.

But saying the Omnia is a piece of crap and HTC is much better is not only subjective but also plain wrong.

Edited by rappetor

Guest lantony
:( :( :(

I am sooooo very happy. Just changed my digitizer- and it was very easy (though very stressful). The one that I bought was bronze (which is the same colour as my original digitizer, so I was a little worried. But it is brilliant. I can flick the screen with my finger and it moves :( I no longer have to use my nail to scroll.

The one I bough was the cheapest (only AUD$35 delivered) available on ebay. [http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=160323034917] Such a good investment.... Oh, and all of the serial numbers etc on the digitizers were exactly the same as the one that I pulled out of the device.

I wont be able to wipe the smile off my face for a week!

i bought the same as you but why they send it bronze if it's black in the page?????

I am already pissed off B)

Guest Michael122w
i bought the same as you but why they send it bronze if it's black in the page?????

I am already pissed off B)

Black would have been nice - but the initial problem was sensitivity not the colour.

If your going to get pissed off - it should be at Samsung for selling us defective devices.

Guest zha50

I brought my Omnia in HK(Singapore import) in Late August 2008. I can see my light sensor through the hole in the digitizer under weak light(desk lamp about 1m away).

Using Sector 6.5 vH1 rom and sensitivity seems VERY good. LCD touch test shows very good response untill the corners/edge where it need a LITTLE more force, but still very light touch.

It probably is old hardware, but it seems better then what some people are experiencing.

Guest jclarkk

I have done it!

Well after being scared to death of doing it myself I gained the confidence this morning and assembled the new touchscreen I've ordered from wholesaleandy on ebay.

OMG! it's so badword sensitive! exactly like the new screens (my friend has a brand new Omnia so I've compared it to his) and easily comparable to iphone.

Guys, whoever has an old screen must do this! I feel like a kid who has a brand new and shiny toy! B)))))

btw, I have received the black screen not bronze or gray.

Guest GodsGift
I have done it!

Well after being scared to death of doing it myself I gained the confidence this morning and assembled the new touchscreen I've ordered from wholesaleandy on ebay.

OMG! it's so badword sensitive! exactly like the new screens (my friend has a brand new Omnia so I've compared it to his) and easily comparable to iphone.

Guys, whoever has an old screen must do this! I feel like a kid who has a brand new and shiny toy! B)))))

btw, I have received the black screen not bronze or gray.

Dude this is sooooo making me jealous. How easy is this to do? How long does it take and do i need special gloves etc ...

what about dust etc?

Really wanna pimp my omnia ......

GG