FlashLite 3.1 + Samsung Widget! [solved]

Guest s0cks

Guest chokia
I don't know about WM6.5...

But you have to UNSIGN SamsungOnlineWidget.dll

Rename FLASHLITE.DLL to FLASHLIV2.DLL (or whatever you want)

HEXEDIT SamsungOnlineWidget.dll pointing to FLASHLIV2.DLL

Then put in \Windows folder...

But I don't know how it works under WM6.5...

I use only WM6.1...

So anyone successfully put Touchwiz UI in WM6.5 especially on 3 in 1 Khuanchai 21198 BTFix?

That ROM has a lot of space to make it 4 in 1 B)

Titanium-TouchFlo-TouchWiz-Standard

Guest pistu34

Guys, does this (2nd option) work without changing the original rom of your mobile? Really don't wanna brick it...

I tried to rename files in windows folder but it can't be done... So, what should I do, I really wanna use flashlite 3.1. B)

Guest s0cks
Guys, does this (2nd option) work without changing the original rom of your mobile? Really don't wanna brick it...

I tried to rename files in windows folder but it can't be done... So, what should I do, I really wanna use flashlite 3.1. :(

Just create a copy of flashlite.dll inside your \Windows...

Like flashlit2.dll...

And then you can install flashlite 3.1...

But you have to edit SamsungOnlineWidget.dll, pointing it to flashlit2.dll...

I'll try to provide you a cab for this...

And you won't brick your phone with this! B)

Guest s0cks

I made two CABs for that guys that can't edit manually the files...

s0cks SmgOnlineWidgets MOD.cab -> CAB for who have Samsung ONLINE Widget

s0cks SmgWidgets MOD.cab -> CAB for who have Samsung Widget (the older Samsung Widget)

First: download and intall the file attached in this post. It contains flashlite.dll (renamed to flashliv2.dll) and edited SamsungOnlineWidget.dll (from DXIA5) or WidgetIdle.dll (from DXHK3). During the install, select \Device as install location.

Second: download and install FlashLite 3.1 from: http://www.mediafire.com/?ymdyvwyyiko

Now, reboot/soft-reset your device.

And then you have SamsungOnlineWidget/SamsungWidget working with FL3.1.

PS: It doesn't include the FULL SamsungOnlineWidget or SamsungWidget! It contains only the edited DLL. So you need to have SamsungOnlineWidget or SamsungWidget fully installed to use it!

s0cks_SmgOnlineWidgets_MOD.cab

s0cks_SmgWidgets_MOD.cab

Edited by s0cks

Guest chokia

if flashlite.dll in WM6.5 ROM already flashlite 3.1,

Can SamsungOnlinewidget.dll just work without this sign, unsign and rename?

My understanding that in SamsungOnlinewidget.dll already pointing to flashlite.dll, so regardless whether it is v2.1 or v3.1 the file name still the same which is flashlite.dll.

It should work immediately right?

Infact Taril also mentioned that only one flaslite.dll is needed which is 3.1, the widget should work in any version.

AFAIK, the reason why Cookers put flashlite.dll (v3.1) is for youtube to work in opera.

Statement like Samsung Widget only works in flashlite 2.1 is not true.

Am i missing something here?

Guest pistu34

OMFG!!! You are GOD!!! Thank You! Thank YOU!! At last FL 3.1 on opera on my OMNIA!!! Really works well!!! I did everything as You described. One minor setback, is that Samsung widgets is not working. I checked my win folder, the new dll is there, and the samsungwidget dll is also new, 27/03/09 dated. So what could be wrong with that?

"And you won't brick your phone with this! B) "

I am a bit worried as I already had to do one hard reset, some htc weather program crushed the win 6.1.... :(

Guest s0cks
if flashlite.dll in WM6.5 ROM already flashlite 3.1,

Can SamsungOnlinewidget.dll just work without this sign, unsign and rename?

My understanding that in SamsungOnlinewidget.dll already pointing to flashlite.dll, so regardless whether it is v2.1 or v3.1 the file name still the same which is flashlite.dll.

It should work immediately right?

Infact Taril also mentioned that only one flaslite.dll is needed which is 3.1, the widget should work in any version.

AFAIK, the reason why Cookers put flashlite.dll (v3.1) is for youtube to work in opera.

Statement like Samsung Widget only works in flashlite 2.1 is not true.

Am i missing something here?

You have to point your UNSIGNED SamsungOnlinewidget.dll to flashliv2.dll...

Not to flashlite.dll (default)...

If Taril are saying the truth... I don't know... but I really can't get SamsungOnlinewidget.dll working with flashlite.dll from Flashlite 3.1...

Guest pistu34

Anyway, there are flash pages that crash the opera... Some work, some crash it. Strange, any idea?

As far as I understand FL 2.1 should be removed before installing 3.1, but it's in rom, so maybe this is the problem? Or it will not work 100% without rom changing...?

Guest s0cks
OMFG!!! You are GOD!!! Thank You! Thank YOU!! At last FL 3.1 on opera on my OMNIA!!! Really works well!!! I did everything as You described. One minor setback, is that Samsung widgets is not working. I checked my win folder, the new dll is there, and the samsungwidget dll is also new, 27/03/09 dated. So what could be wrong with that?

"And you won't brick your phone with this! B) "

I am a bit worried as I already had to do one hard reset, some htc weather program crushed the win 6.1.... :(

And do you have the flashliv2.dll inside \Windows folder too?

Guest s0cks
Anyway, there are flash pages that crash the opera... Some work, some crash it. Strange, any idea?

As far as I understand FL 2.1 should be removed before installing 3.1, but it's in rom, so maybe this is the problem? Or it will not work 100% without rom changing...?

You have to make a copy of flashlite.dll (inside your \Windows) and rename it to flashliv2.dll before install flashlite3.1...

After this you point you SamsungOnlineWidget.dll to the new renamed copy...

Or you can use the provided cab!

Guest pistu34

yes, yes, everything worked fine as I did everything as You wrote. But now it just stopped working... B)

"And do you have the flashliv2.dll inside \Windows folder too?"

Yes, the new files are still there in the win folder.... I used your provided cabs in the right order.

Edited by pistu34

Guest s0cks
yes, yes, everything worked fine as I did everything as You wrote. But now it just stopped working... B)

"And do you have the flashliv2.dll inside \Windows folder too?"

Yes, the new files are still there in the win folder.... I used your provided cabs in the right order.

What is your Opera version?

I got crashes with most recent version...

So, I keep the original Opera here... and I don't have problems...

Guest pistu34

9.5 2372 what is default ...can it be changed?

Anyway, got any hints why widget is not working?

In the meantime I got working again one page with FL 3.1 ... So some things work... Some crashes, Pocket Explorer does not utilize FL?? Widgets dont work... Strange combo... Files are in place as they should be.

Edited by pistu34

Guest pistu34

hm, I dont really understand how did your cab file manage to alter win folder files... I tried before, but total commander says that they are ROM files, and i could not rename/edit/del them at all... Not the dll-s mentioned in this thread are not ROM files... How???

Guest pistu34

well I installed an earlier build of opera mobile, it crashed also with flash sites, uninstalled, and now the original opera won't start....

I reinstalled a new opera, but also, after splash screen, nothing... Any help, how can I get the original preinstalled opera back to work??

I uninstalled new opera, unistalled FL3.1 and what is really strange, after softreset, widgets kicked in, so it works now with the new files (??) and opera does not start at all... I checked with hexeditor, modified widget dll points to new renamed flash dll.

Maybe for opera something is missing from application data library... Can someone supply me with an \application data\opera9 library zip file, and an opera.ini file from win folder, please? Or gimme an opera cab that works with fl3.1 and widgets.... B)

Edited by pistu34

Guest pistu34

I'm still trying but cannot get back opera to work... All the original files are in the windows folder, but after the splash screen the browser just wont start...

I really don't wanna do a hard reset, so please help, if you can. Thanx.

Edited by pistu34

Guest s0cks
9.5 2372 what is default ...can it be changed?

Anyway, got any hints why widget is not working?

In the meantime I got working again one page with FL 3.1 ... So some things work... Some crashes, Pocket Explorer does not utilize FL?? Widgets dont work... Strange combo... Files are in place as they should be.

What is your ROM version? I think that you have an older ROM...

Mine is DXIA5... and it comes with Opera 9.5 15746...

Edited by s0cks

Guest s0cks
I'm still trying but cannot get back opera to work... All the original files are in the windows folder, but after the splash screen the browser just wont start...

I really don't wanna do a hard reset, so please help, if you can. Thanx.

I think that the only way to get back your Opera is a HARD RESET...

Guest s0cks
hm, I dont really understand how did your cab file manage to alter win folder files... I tried before, but total commander says that they are ROM files, and i could not rename/edit/del them at all... Not the dll-s mentioned in this thread are not ROM files... How???

My cab just overwrite SamsungOnlineWidget.dll...

And copy flashliv2.dll to \Windows

Guest pistu34
My cab just overwrite SamsungOnlineWidget.dll...

And copy flashliv2.dll to \Windows

yes but how? Can files in win folder be touched? they appear to be "in rom"...any idea why widget not working with your cabs?

Anyone got it working with these cabs FL 3.1 + Opera + Samsung Widgets ?

Edited by pistu34

Guest chokia

In Khuanchai 4-in-1 ROM where he successfully managed to get this work. i notice there are:-

flashlit2.dll (783K) (i think he renamed it as per instructed in this thread.

flashlite.dll (1.27M)

I suspect SamsungOnlineWidget.dll is pointing to flashlit2.dll, since flashlite.dll is flashlite3.1 (file size bigger)

So flashlit2.dll is flashlite2.1 and not flashlite 3.1?

Is the topic title misleading? or Touchwiz only works with flashlite2.1 or i am the one who is confuse?

Guest pistu34
In Khuanchai 4-in-1 ROM where he successfully managed to get this work. i notice there are:-

flashlit2.dll (783K) (i think he renamed it as per instructed in this thread.

flashlite.dll (1.27M)

I suspect SamsungOnlineWidget.dll is pointing to flashlit2.dll, since flashlite.dll is flashlite3.1 (file size bigger)

So flashlit2.dll is flashlite2.1 and not flashlite 3.1?

Is the topic title misleading? or Touchwiz only works with flashlite2.1 or i am the one who is confuse?

The purpose is to have widgets running with keeping 2.1 dll WHILE the same time being able to install FL 3.1. I checked samsungwidget dll with hexeditor, and it points to flashliv2.dll which is flashlite 2.1 so widget should work with it. But as soon as you install FL 3.1. widgets stops working... Furthermore, if I get rid of the renamed FL2.1 dll, namely flashliv2.dll, widgets still work, even after soft reset. So something is really not fine with widget dll, more modification is needed, guess that's why after FL3.1 install widget stops working.

Also, I managed to install Opera 9.5 build 15746 but now opera does not crash but still cannot show most of flash content. Some do work, but more sophisticated flash, like games, not. The usual "you dont have the right flash..." notification is only visible where flash content should run, like with skyfire... Any help? I really spent a lot of time already on it... S0cks? Can you give me some pages that should run fine with flash content just to check? youtube does not work, for instance...

I've found it somewhere else: "Flash Lite 3.1 is only equivalent to Flash 8. Most sites are already using Flash 9, rendering this already obsolete. " is this true? Would give an answer why some things work, some not.... So I'd happily stick with FL3.1 for now if widgets would run the same time... which is'nt.. B)

Edited by pistu34

Guest pistu34

hm. is samsungonlinewidget.dll actually the samsung widgets??? as I delete this dll, widgets still load... what is the widgets file??

Edited by pistu34