FlashLite 3.1 + Samsung Widget! [solved]

Guest s0cks

Guest chokia

OMG pistu34,

So many weird things you have discorvered:-

1. Delete flashliv2.dll and the widget still load

2. Delete samsungonlinewidgets.dll and widget still load

Should go back to taril and ask him what is the real secret?

Guest pistu34
OMG pistu34,

So many weird things you have discorvered:-

1. Delete flashliv2.dll and the widget still load

2. Delete samsungonlinewidgets.dll and widget still load

Should go back to taril and ask him what is the real secret?

yeah, these cabs dont seem to be the real solution.... :-(

Guest s0cks

Be calm guys...

One question is... Do you really have Samsung Online Widget installed or is it the old Samsung Widgets (without online)? I think that DLL's are different in this case (like SamsungWidgets.dll and SamsungOnlineWidgets.dll (I'm not certain about this difference, but I believe that exists))

And after deletion of mention dll's, did you soft reset your phone? If not, delete and try it...

But... it's strange, because I have my Widgets working great with FL3.1... and I did exactly what I explained before!

Here I have:

flashliv2.dll ~783kb... (2.1 version)

flashlite.dll ~1,26mb... (3.1 version)

SamsungOnlineWidget.dll ~1,05mb

And my SamsungOnlineWidget is pointed to flashliv2.dll...

And only for tests purposes, I installed an original ROM and tested my provided CAB and it works here...

I don't know why are you getting so many problems with this...

Maybe you're doing something wrong... B)

Guest s0cks
The purpose is to have widgets running with keeping 2.1 dll WHILE the same time being able to install FL 3.1. I checked samsungwidget dll with hexeditor, and it points to flashliv2.dll which is flashlite 2.1 so widget should work with it. But as soon as you install FL 3.1. widgets stops working... Furthermore, if I get rid of the renamed FL2.1 dll, namely flashliv2.dll, widgets still work, even after soft reset. So something is really not fine with widget dll, more modification is needed, guess that's why after FL3.1 install widget stops working.

Also, I managed to install Opera 9.5 build 15746 but now opera does not crash but still cannot show most of flash content. Some do work, but more sophisticated flash, like games, not. The usual "you dont have the right flash..." notification is only visible where flash content should run, like with skyfire... Any help? I really spent a lot of time already on it... S0cks? Can you give me some pages that should run fine with flash content just to check? youtube does not work, for instance...

I've found it somewhere else: "Flash Lite 3.1 is only equivalent to Flash 8. Most sites are already using Flash 9, rendering this already obsolete. " is this true? Would give an answer why some things work, some not.... So I'd happily stick with FL3.1 for now if widgets would run the same time... which is'nt.. B)

I think that you are running an older ROM version!

Because you are talking about SamsungWidget and no SamsungOnlineWidget... and your Opera version is too old...

I suggest you to update to DXIA5...

About testing Flash... I tested in Youtube and it works... (see the pictures attached below)...

And about flash version... read:

Flash Lite 3.1 supports most of the features available in Flash 8, with a few exceptions.

Flash Lite 3.1 software offers the following high-level features:

• Support for playing most content that is compatible with Flash Player 9 or earlier. Flash Lite

3.1 can also broadcast itself as Flash Player 9 compatible and can play back content created

with ActionScript™ 2.0. However, Flash Lite 3.1 cannot play back Flash Player 9 compatible

content based on ActionScript 3.0. (Flash Lite 3.1 does not support ActionScript 3.0.)

• Support for FLV video created with Flash 7 (Sorenson), Flash 8 (On2 VP6), and Flash 9.5

(H.264) software.

• Support for most ActionScript 2.0 objects and methods.

• Follows the Flash 8 security model, including local file security and cross domain policy.

If you want to read more: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/devices/articl..._guidelines.pdf

sshot008.bmp

sshot009.bmp

sshot007.bmp

Guest pistu34

I'm also suspicious about this, but don't know that is the difference between old and new (online) widgets... What I have on the widget bar are like: connection manager, calendar, two types of clocks, games icon, operator icon, photos/pictures widget, sound settings, media player, radio, etc...

Can You explain or gimme a screenshot?? I have widgets what come with dxia (or something like this) 1/2 roms. Tried to search for the difference but did not find it. So what I want is to run the original samsung widgets while FL 3.1 installed...

There is no such file like samsungwidget.dll or anything similar in win folder. Can someone tell me which are the actual widget files and where are they? Maybe they also can be modified...

Guest s0cks
I'm also suspicious about this, but don't know that is the difference between old and new (online) widgets... What I have on the widget bar are like: connection manager, calendar, two types of clocks, games icon, operator icon, photos/pictures widget, sound settings, media player, radio, etc...

Can You explain or gimme a screenshot?? I have widgets what come with dxia (or something like this) 1/2 roms. Tried to search for the difference but did not find it. So what I want is to run the original samsung widgets while FL 3.1 installed...

There is no such file like samsungwidget.dll or anything similar in win folder. Can someone tell me which are the actual widget files and where are they? Maybe they also can be modified...

Can you tell me what is your ROM version?

I asked and you have not answered me...

I suggest you to do a HARD RESET and try to follow again my step by step... because there is no reasons to not work...

Online Widgets: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=28051

Edited by s0cks

Guest pistu34
Can you tell me what is your ROM version?

I asked and you have not answered me...

I suggest you to do a HARD RESET and try to follow again my step by step... because there is no reasons to not work...

Online Widgets: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=28051

I have XDHK1/XDHK2 at PDA version. It seems I have only the original samsung widgets sidebar and original widgets. I just wanna have it work with FL3.1... I don't wanna flash roms, this is the original story... So I should have the original widget file altered just as the new online widget dll is altered. But I cannot find it... :-/

Edited by pistu34

Guest s0cks
I have XDHK1/XDHK2 at PDA version. It seems I have only the original samsung widgets sidebar and original widgets. I just wanna have it work with FL3.1... I don't wanna flash roms, this is the original story... So I should have the original widget file altered just as the new online widget dll is altered. But I cannot find it... :-/

So I think that is the problem...

HK1/HK2 doesn't have Samsung Online Widgets...

I'll try to extract the original Samsung Widgets and make a CAB for you!

Guest pistu34
So I think that is the problem...

HK1/HK2 doesn't have Samsung Online Widgets...

I'll try to extract the original Samsung Widgets and make a CAB for you!

1000 thanks!

Guest s0cks
YES! I do have.

Ok...

That's your Samsung Widget... (like I said before... IT's different!)

I'll post now the cab...

Please wait...

Guest pistu34
Ok...

That's your Samsung Widget... (like I said before... IT's different!)

I'll post now the cab...

Please wait...

... waiting...

Guest pistu34
Read the post before yours...

Yeah, just soft reseting after installing second cab... widgets work. Nice. Now installing FL 3.1.. soft reset.... widgets still work! Success!!! Congrats and thanx! Now I'll play around with FL+Opera to get the most stuff working... Should Opera folder have a plugin folder with flaslite.dll? Where is opera and flashlite installed to work together?

Edited by pistu34

Guest pistu34

I guess opera should be advanced settings- desktop computer, right? Now I have the same opera installed as you, same build.

Youtube: hello... you either have javascript turned off (which isn't), or an old version of Abode's Flash Player...

Edited by pistu34

Guest s0cks
Yeah, just soft reseting after installing second cab... widgets work. Nice. Now installing FL 3.1.. soft reset.... widgets still work! Success!!! Congrats and thanx! Now I'll play around with FL+Opera to get the most stuff working... Should Opera folder have a plugin folder with flaslite.dll? Where is opera and flashlite installed to work together?

I guess opera should be advanced settings- desktop computer, right? Now I have the same opera installed as you, same build.

Youtube: hello... you either have javascript turned off (which isn't), or an old version of Abode's Flash Player...

Here... I didn't change nothing to get Opera + FL 3.1 working...

Maybe the Opera that you installed doesn't "point" to the flashlite.dll...

And really... I don't know how to do it... B)

Maybe you can find it in opera:config (type it in address bar...)

Guest pistu34
Here... I didn't change nothing to get Opera + FL 3.1 working...

Maybe the Opera that you installed doesn't "point" to the flashlite.dll...

And really... I don't know how to do it... B)

Maybe you can find it in opera:config (type it in address bar...)

tried to copy flashlite.dll to all possible locations, including plugin folder, but does not work... Does your opera.ini file say anything about plugin folder, or flashlite?

Edited by pistu34

Guest s0cks
tried to copy flashlite.dll to all possible locations, including plugin folder, but does not work... Does your opera.ini file say anything about plugin folder, or flashlite?

I was looking for it now...

And I didn't see nothing related...

Guest s0cks

Maybe if you install Opera under the original Opera folder... you can get it worked (I think)...

My opera, by default, has the settings installed at \Application Data\Opera9\

And the exe is inside \Windows...

There is another folder... \Application Data\Opera\

But it's installed at Device Memory!

Edited by s0cks

Guest pistu34

I just found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3495932

Seems promising, just trying to play with the settings now...

Guest pistu34
I was looking for it now...

And I didn't see nothing related...

So, what I did was to install opera 9 to My storage but copied all the install to win folder, and also application data/opera9 what was necessery, did an opera.ini file that points to the right places, especially to my storage, and also edited the axobjets.ini to point to FL3.1 clsid that I found in registry, then copied this ini to app data/opera9. BANG! Everything works, Youtube, etc. Wonderfull... If anyone needs files, help, I'll be glad to help. Thanx s0cks, and the link above, I'd never-ever find the right place for shockwave registry settings for opera.... B)

Edited by pistu34

Guest pistu34

It's actually amazing how many things work with FL3.1 - So it's really solved now. OMNIA+SAMSUNG WIDGETS+FLASHLITE3.1 really works WITHOUT ANY ROM FLASHING!!!

Just one more minor thing, bit off topic, but after all this work, let me... So as I installed the new build of opera You have, in the bookmarks no icons appear any more... How to get icons for the bookmarks in opera? Maybe manually??

Edited by pistu34