New Orange UK GPRS Tarriffs

Guest xanadu

OK getting bored of this and we are all speculating anyway, but here are my final words on this subject - unless someone baits me and I just can't stop myself ;-)

As well as the megabyte cap thing, it seems to me that people are reading the phrase "equal or lower priced" differently:

I'm reading this as "equal (priced) or lower priced" i.e. £6 or less no matter what limit that includes (i.e. not equal value, but equal priced).

Others are reading this as "equal (tarif) or lower priced (tarif)" i.e. £6 for a tenner.

I say just wait and see,

Barry

According to my latest intel. there is no new special bundle in the pipeline. As far as is known so far is that it will be a standard GPRS bundle, currently we are advising all customers that they will be automatically moved to bundle 2.

Guest Big Ron - No Longer a Mem

All *non-SPV* GPRS customers on the old tarriffs will be automatically "migrated" to the new (lower) prices... sometime in MAY. In the meanwhile, if they NOTICE that they're on a tariff that's twice as high as the new one, they can switch if they want. Otherwise, "well, you shoulda read the small print".

Guest HelloDave

Tight B****rds! Anyone here a journalist that would like to write an "informative article" to users explaining how they could save money on their current Orange GPRS bill :wink: Something for the news section Paul? Orange deserve it for shady tactics like that!

Guest Gorskar

Somewhat harsh for those poor customers who never bother orange CS or look at the website to be left in the lurch till may methinks, although I guess its a consequence of having the investigative ability of a dead cockroach.

Still harsh though...

Incedentally is there any chance that we could get that free 60 text message bundle thats being advertised now on talktime 200+ or is that only for new tariffs? (Just so that you can't accuse me of having no investigative ability myself)

Guest bdmoore

I'm on the OVP O2 100 tariff - £25pm with 100 txts included so it's not too bad. I think there's also an equivalent of the O2 offpeak 500 - £20pm, also with 100 txts.

Neither are a match for my old tariff (O2 online - £20pm with 500 txts!!), which Orange won't match 'cos it's an internet only one!! Oh well, at least I can play Doom on my phone now... :)

Somewhat harsh for those poor customers who never bother orange CS or look at the website to be left in the lurch till may methinks, although I guess its a consequence of having the investigative ability of a dead cockroach.

Still harsh though...

My thoughts exactly. If Orange were half as good at phones as they are at writing get-outs into the small print, the SPV would incorporate a photocopier and coffee maker. :wink:

Guest spv_user

It's all about bussines and making money on 156 the guy told me that he thinks there will be a rethink ?

I said when he said in his view when most spv customers cancel the gprs. as a lot will but only if to make a point ! the consumer will provail

"I was told by 156 today that we can expect some way of monitoring GPRS access on the phone my the time the unmetered deal ends."

Speculation. There's no way anyone on 156 has that kind of information. They find out about things AFTERWARDS, seldom before the event. Good attitude, but the guy (or girl) had better watch out that he or she isn't caught proferring "unofficial" opinions.

"I was told by 156 today that we can expect some way of monitoring GPRS access on the phone my the time the unmetered deal ends."

Speculation. There's no way anyone on 156 has that kind of information. They find out about things AFTERWARDS, seldom before the event.  Good attitude, but the guy (or girl) had better watch out that he or she isn't caught proferring "unofficial" opinions.

There is a 150 option 1 type system being developed at the moment ready to be implemented at the end of April - tho it could be April 04!!!

Perhaps the 156 operator was informed by someone who was privi to that sort of information. Excelling further than the average 156 operator?

Either way, there is a way of monitoring GPRS usage in the pipeline.

Guest one.ear

Orange do have plans to introduce a GPRS "bundled mins line" (except obviously it will be a bundled mb line) and also a Text "bundled min line" (except etc). Although when, no-one knows.

Ben