stuck on splashscreen

Guest blade1970

Guest blade1970

Hello Everybody

This is my first time on posting on modaco so please be gentle with me B)

My problem started today when i did a soft reset on my trinity(as per usual), except this time it did not go further than the orange logo where it is stuck.

things i have tried on it

taking out the battery for a few minutes

more soft resets

tried to connect to computer but nothing happens

tried a hard reset but only the tri colour screen appears

red light for charger seems to work when i charge

I would like to point out that i unlocked the phone myself with a unlocker from that great guy on xda and all was working great for a couple months until this happened. This is an orange branded trinity and the rom is still the original and it is now out of warranty. Please can you help as I am now without a phone not to mention a wife giving me the silent and deadly :(

I beg your superior minds for a quick reply.Much appreciated and thank you very much

Guest Mr_Blonde1971

When you hard reset it and the tri colour screen comes up you should be able to load a different ROM onto it which should hopefully fix it,

I tried many ROM's on mine since unlocking it with probably the same software that you used.

Did you reload the newest radio rom, as the unlocker loads a really old version (1.16.00 or somthing like that)

I'm now running my unlocked Orange M700 on Win Mobile 6 ROM with Radio ROM 1.50.08.11

Try this site as well www.trinityguides.info/

Edited by Mr_Blonde1971

Guest blade1970
When you hard reset it and the tri colour screen comes up you should be able to load a different ROM onto it which should hopefully fix it,

I tried many ROM's on mine since unlocking it with probably the same software that you used.

Did you reload the newest radio rom, as the unlocker loads a really old version (1.16.00 or somthing like that)

I'm now running my unlocked Orange M700 on Win Mobile 6 ROM with Radio ROM 1.50.08.11

Try this site as well www.trinityguides.info/

thanks for the quick reply mr blond1971

You have given me some hope but i still have some problems. I have not updated the rom which is probably why this is happening to me.

The tricolor screen comes on but my computer running xp doesnt respond as normal which is to say that activsync does not find my device and the usual sound made when a usb device is plugged in does not happen hence i dont see how I can make your suggestions work. The only response I get on the tricolor screen is the word serial changes to usb when i connect it to the computer. I hope you can still help me. I await your reply and thank you very much for your help

Cheers

Guest Mr_Blonde1971

If the word changes to USB it means your phone has seen the computer which should be good,

Go onto the trinity guides website and install the Hard SPL program Click Here for more

This will allow you to install a different ROM which may fix your problem, If you search through the Xda developers website there is a link to an official WM6 Rom for a Dopod D810 which is the same phone, This is the ROM i am running on my M700.

Guest blade1970
If the word changes to USB it means your phone has seen the computer which should be good,

Go onto the trinity guides website and install the Hard SPL program Click Here for more

This will allow you to install a different ROM which may fix your problem, If you search through the Xda developers website there is a link to an official WM6 Rom for a Dopod D810 which is the same phone, This is the ROM i am running on my M700.

Thanks again for your quick reply Mr blonde and I shall try your suggestions soon as get my hands on the phone!

Yes , in my haste to get it working i panicked and went in to my local repair shop. This is before I got a reply on this forum and I was getting seriously worried without my companion :excl: .I think they are going to do what you suggested. Damn. A little patience wouldnt go amiss here. However if they fail I shall try the above and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks again and speak to you soon and let me know if you have any other tips

Edited by blade1970

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blade1970
Thanks again for your quick reply Mr blonde and I shall try your suggestions soon as get my hands on the phone!

Yes , in my haste to get it working i panicked and went in to my local repair shop. This is before I got a reply on this forum and I was getting seriously worried without my companion :excl: .I think they are going to do what you suggested. Damn. A little patience wouldnt go amiss here. However if they fail I shall try the above and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks again and speak to you soon and let me know if you have any other tips

hello mr blond 1971

I have tried your suggestion and unfortunatley the process does not complete. I get an error message saying that the image file is corrupted and this happens with all the different hard spl s.I think the local repair shop was also stmped at this point. I am at a loss as what to do. Would greatly appreciate your speedy help or is this the end of my trinity :excl: .

Many thanks in advance

Guest blade1970
hello mr blond 1971

I have tried your suggestion and unfortunatley the process does not complete. I get an error message saying that the image file is corrupted and this happens with all the different hard spl s.I think the local repair shop was also stmped at this point. I am at a loss as what to do. Would greatly appreciate your speedy help or is this the end of my trinity :lol: .

Many thanks in advance

latest update guys

No need to rack your brains modacites I have fixed my problem. :lol: It seems I had forgot what a hard reset was and that was all I did and now everything is fixed.Its like looking for your keys while holding them in your hand :D If i ever attempt anything again it will be hard spl all the way.

Thanks to everybody who helped and speak to you soon.

Cheers