New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest WoZZeR999

Built in FlashLite 3.1 and CF3.5 is easily worth the extra "bloat". I'll be able to do the data fix when I get home from work today.

Bah, being stuck at work with an Omnia, but no data is a pain in the ass.

Guest GhostlySnow

Quick question about this. Would updating the rom with this void any warranties with verizon? Like if i planned on switching my phone out before the thirty days of owning it?

Guest Adrynalyne
Quick question about this. Would updating the rom with this void any warranties with verizon? Like if i planned on switching my phone out before the thirty days of owning it?

It would void it, yes.

Guest Echew
OK, so for those of you who have been following the 910 GPS thread know that, thanks to Azintegra, we have a new ROM for the i910. GPS still isn't working as of this post, but there are a few other updates that have piqued my interest :excl: .

I am wondering if anyone has had a sucessful, as in no issues with functionality, install of this new ROM?

*EDIT* This has worked fine for me and for some other members.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! AFTER DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROM TO FLASH BACK TO IF THEN. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE! PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! IF IT IS NOT CHECKED IN THE SCREEN CAP, DO NOT CHECK IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. USERS ARE REPORTING THAT SELECTING INITIALIZE PHONE OR UPDATE BOOTLOADER MAY CAUSE THE PHONE CONNECTION AND DATA TO STOP WORKING. THIS IS FOR THE I910 ONLY!

Alignment___Adjustment.pdf

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

Megaupload link for new Firmware

Mine was a sucessfull install following the instructions of the PDF. You may want to clearly Note in your opening messages that this is for Verizon users ONLY... (before you get peppered with "Is it for Verizon?").

Guest Echew
Microsoft .net framework 3.5...

Flashlite binds the Omnia's flashlight to a hardware key.

.net 3.5 is preloaded? If so, do you know if we still need the force 3.5 reg hack? Just a guess that we no longer do.

Guest GhostlySnow

Figured so. Not sure yet if i am going to keep the phone, so i will wait for any official roms to come out before i update. I just hope it would be within the next 2 weeks. I have had it for about a week now.

Guest thedarkone
Mine was a sucessfull install following the instructions of the PDF. You may want to clearly Note in your opening messages that this is for Verizon users ONLY... (before you get peppered with "Is it for Verizon?").

Is this for Verizon users ONLY?

Kidding, but not really :excl: I have a verizon Omnia, flashed over to metro PCS. I was wondering if this would make me lost my settings on metro?

Does anyone happen to know? My phone has already been houdini flashed.

Damn I am all tingly at the thought of a cooked rom with working GPS... knew it would happen soon!

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Most likely if you flash now and need to update, return or talk to tech guys for any fix, yes this would be a good time for them to tell you you have voided it's warranty. This is NOT an official ROM as we arrived at it through a rather circuitous unofficial channel. If you screw it up or in some other way have issues with the phone after updating your best bet is to then wait it out till the official ROM arrives through VZW and flash with that ROM. That way you will have an official ROM loaded when you go to them about it being hashed and they will have no issues then.

S.

Guest Echew

Kidding, but not really :excl: I have a verizon Omnia, flashed over to metro PCS. I was wondering if this would make me lost my settings on metro?

Damn I am all tingly at the thought of a cooked rom with working GPS... knew it would happen soon!

I wouldn't do it yet. Not until we can get an original ROM to go back to if it does mess things up.

Guest Echew
Figured so. Not sure yet if i am going to keep the phone, so i will wait for any official roms to come out before i update. I just hope it would be within the next 2 weeks. I have had it for about a week now.

.net 2.0 is still the default according to the registry. Installing 3.5 and the reg hack now.

Guest necosino

Yes, you will lose all your settings. The only thing I would recommend restoring from backups are contacts, email accounts, etc. This ROM does not have GPS unlocked yet, but that is something that will be worked on feverishly for the next week, lol.. Possibly a WinMo 6.5 cooked rom to come in the next couple weeks, too :excl:

As of right now, its just a working i910 ROM update that has some new features, and will allow us to start trying to cook up new roms.. Hopefully unlock GPS in the next couple weeks..

Guest Echew
Yes, you will lose all your settings. The only thing I would recommend restoring from backups are contacts, email accounts, etc. This ROM does not have GPS unlocked yet, but that is something that will be worked on feverishly for the next week, lol.. Possibly a WinMo 6.5 cooked rom to come in the next couple weeks, too :excl:

As of right now, its just a working i910 ROM update that has some new features, and will allow us to start trying to cook up new roms.. Hopefully unlock GPS in the next couple weeks..

I would LOVE to have 6.5 over the GPS... I use an external BT GPS right now so that would be a better wish for me. But both would just be sugar!

Guest necosino
Samsung Today 2 still works using the registry hack thats floating around FYI...

Good to know Echew! Even though I don't personally use it..

Guest thedarkone

So since a metro flash goes into NV ram would it be overridden by this? I don't know if anyone knows how metro uses houdini to change network settings to use a normal verizon phone on Metro PCS.... So its not like a normal setting, its like prl and such.... Winmo 6.5 sounds juicy :excl: Is it allot better than 6.1?

Thanks,sorry for the noobness here ; )

Guest thedarkone
Going from 6.1 to 6.5 is like going from Win2000 to Windows 7 :excl:

REally? Wow... are you kidding?

O BTW.... how is windows 7? Running vista right now...

Guest necosino
REally? Wow... are you kidding?

O BTW.... how is windows 7? Running vista right now...

I love it, but I never had any problems with Vista in the first place :excl: