Verizon Omnia (SCH-I910) Custom ROM Discussion

Guest Echew

Guest WoZZeR999

They should, the OEMs seem to be pretty standard.

I found a new program that may be able to do it. I'm gonna make a new rom and flash in a minute.

Edit: I got personalizer in, but still not Total Commander.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest blazingwolf
They should, the OEMs seem to be pretty standard.

I found a new program that may be able to do it. I'm gonna make a new rom and flash in a minute.

Edit: I got personalizer in, but still not Total Commander.

Have you looked at OEMizer?

Guest WoZZeR999

OEMIzer didn't work for my total commander, but your did, thanks!

Thanks for OEMizer though, no more setting up gmail sync everytime.

Guest blazingwolf
OEMIzer didn't work for my total commander, but your did, thanks!

Thanks for OEMizer though, no more setting up gmail sync everytime.

Glad to help. :excl:

Guest WoZZeR999
+1 for completely bare bones ROM. I really appreciate you guys working on this, thanks so much!

One nice thing about working with OEM packages, is you can just disable them all for a bare bones ROM. Once I get a day or 2 of testing in, I may go public with a *Super lite* rom.

Guest jhickey
One nice thing about working with OEM packages, is you can just disable them all for a bare bones ROM. Once I get a day or 2 of testing in, I may go public with a *Super lite* rom.

Ah, really? That's awesome! Can't wait. :excl:

Guest Adrynalyne
I can probably give you some help through IM tomorrow or the weekend if you want. You should download SYOK and SYAKR (RC1). You then have to get the .nb0 file out with osnbtools, and rename to PDA.bin. Then run ExtractROM_Bin, and it should do the work for you. I can throw together a quick guide later, and find a place to host everything.

I am stuck at this point.

I used osbntool to get my nb0 file, and then per what you said, I renamed it to PDA.bin.

When running ExtractROM_Bin, I get errors.

Suggestions?

post-466506-1239344793_thumb.jpg

Guest semmtexx
I have to do some testing, I get a 'Time Wizard' and 'Download agent' error at start up, but I have ~97 megs free after a hard reset.

97 megs... geez i'm itching to see what you come up with..

Guest pw-man
It could be 'zoomer'. I will get rid of it in my next test rom, and check to see if the zoom still happens with sms messages.

Edit: I have a new rom waiting at home to be flashed. I will let you know later today.

Cool - was thinking it was zoomer, but not sure how it interacted with the system - if it was a customization to the base messaging code or an "add on"... Hopefully that latter - so that we can remove it ;-)

Guest JDawg183

So i was originally getting this information for the unlock of the GPS, but the person getting this to me was a little slow. I dont know if it will help at all with what we are doing here, but here is a dump from a Telus rom, maybe they have some things on here you may be interested in.

http://www.filedropper.com/os

http://www.filedropper.com/part02

Guest WoZZeR999
I am stuck at this point.

I used osbntool to get my nb0 file, and then per what you said, I renamed it to PDA.bin.

When running ExtractROM_Bin, I get errors.

Suggestions?

You need to change the name if the .nb0 file to pda.bin. When I have time to create a guide and find hosting, I can have a nice kitchen set up.

Guest aleis

6.5 sure looks sweet...

i wonder what would happen if i just simply use the 6.5 img instead of the one we have...?

just use the UMDL and choose the 6.5 img...

what u guys think?

im willing to experiment...

if it sounds logical :excl:

Guest dwallersv

Damn! You guys are killing me! Family is traveling for the holiday weekend, and I need my phone to work, so I can't risk any of this today (including flashing the leaked rom) so I'm just all depressed about it.

I'l start on Tuesday after we get back and I can afford to have my phone out of commission. By then WoZZeR999 with probably have a fully automated kitchen :-)

Guest Adrynalyne
You need to change the name if the .nb0 file to pda.bin. When I have time to create a guide and find hosting, I can have a nice kitchen set up.

I did. It said that in my post? :excl:

Guest WoZZeR999

Actually, I'm almost there. It's kind of a jumble of a few different i900 kitchens. I'm trying to make everything I can into a package, so I can make a *Super Lite*, *Lite*, Standard, M2D, maybe a throttle launcher one, maybe a SPB one. And I could do all that from 1 folder.

I'm going to take a look into 6.5 this weekend, but I'm not 100% sure if I can do it.