*** SHOKKA9 WM6.5 LITE ROM ***

Guest shokka9

Guest shokka9

I accept NO responsibility for any damage caused to your handset before, during and after updating it with these ROMs. Using custom ROMs has risks attached to it, and can be dangerous. Proceed with caution.

THE UPDATER IS DESIGNED FOR USE ON XP MACHINES ONLY< VISTA IS NOT SUPPORTED UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO

If you are looking for older ROMs, please visit my kitchen here. The BT Fix ROMs are there!!

Please do not ask me to add anything or to explain why stuff is not there. These ROMs change all the time due to many factors. My ROMs generally have the same apps in them so you know what to expect. RESPECT TO SECTOR & KHUANCHAI AS ALWAYS.Thanks to SECANY for the UPDATE :excl:

UPDATE: 17/05/09

Due to time not being infinate, i no longer have time to make ROMs. So the ROMs that are available, are the last ones i will make.

I may make a final WM6.5 when we have official FINAL release, but til then, NOTHING new from the shokka9. Sorry guys.

So this is my last WM6.5 build for a while.

Just like to say that you guys have been great and everyone involved in Omnia is cool. I not disappearing so i will still be active in the forums. Helping out etc.

BIG THANKS TO SECTOR, QBUS, SZTUPY, PASSOA, SECANY, KHUANCHAI, WIZARD & ANYONE ELSE WHO HELPED ME OUT.

The TRUTH is out there, its Omnia :excl: !

UPDATED: 03/05/09 - PLEASE READ

*** Removed OPERA ***

This is a FULL ROM, it has Phone part too, as we have ID1 also

Please read this thread also, the originators of these ROMs sector, qbus & khuanchai..

You will find lots of useful info there aswell as ROMs too, customisation techniques etc. Really good posts.

NEW i900DXID1 SHKv6L 21215. Updated 03/05/09

Part 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?1g4nrtmntnq

Part 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?gookzwx4om1

Part 3 - http://www.mediafire.com/?mjom0w1zwon

Part 4 - http://www.mediafire.com/?rtxnv2jwlmy

Download Instructions & Installation for all my WM6.5 ROMs (PLEASE READ)

1> Download all parts of the ROM. Extract part 1 only, it will extract the other parts.

When it has extracted the ROM, install as usual, if unsure read how to update Omnia HERE, first post.

2> When you get the ROBOT/WM6.5 screen wait for it to reboot. When it reboots it will default to Windows default home today screen. (after only setting the time)

3> Now HARD RESET DEVICE.....

4> Repeat step 2 then move to step 5.

5> If it doesnt automatically pick your settings up (tap NO); To get your MMS & Internet settings; goto Settings, Connections, Operator; select different operator to yours (any). Wait 25 secs, then goto connection settings, operator settings and select your proper operator. Your net, MMS, SMS settings will now be active. PLEASE READ: THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!

6> To get the honeycomb menu as in the pics, disable the Large menu in Settings\system\large display

7> Calibrate Screen....To ensure good calibration

To install my M2D theme download this http://www.mediafire.com/?qhju2mynymd (You obviously need to install M2D & M2DC first :excl: )

To customize Titanium in any shape or form, visit sectors 2nd post in the WM6.5 thread HERE

For other useful apps see my WM6.5 thread, first post, HERE

** If you dont already have a 'My Ringtones' folder setup for your tones, please do this before (or after) flashing the Omnia. I remove all standard tones, so when you set up your notifications, there will be nothing to select and this may cause u a problem. Do this....

Set up a folder IN THE ROOT on either your 'my storage' or 'storage card' (memory card) called 'My Ringtones'. Sorry for the basics...just making sure tho.

Put all your ringtones, sounds etc in there. Every time u flash Omnia, it will use those folders (and the one in the device (which will be empty) **

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Please donate HERE. ;) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Added/Cooked in

21215 SYS & XIP

shokka9 XT9 Keypads

Black Skin for Dialler Pad

Pako777 Camera dll FIX

DXHG4 Camera.exe for GeoTagging - No loading screen - Thanks Omnian @ samsung-omnia.org

EnhancedGPS from DXIA2

Disabled Samsung Dialer skin

Disabled Error Reporting

Disabled Security – Doesn’t warn on unsigned cab install

Disabled Start Up Configuration; No setting up the Touch screen - Thanks s0cks!!

Updated to .net Compact Framework 3.5

Updated to Flash Lite 3.1

Installed HTCEmu DLL’s

Added themes from dddrko - Thanks bro!!

Start-Up/Shut-Down animation gif's are thanks to metalmanicman @ samsung-omnia.org

** To obtain cabs for removed apps, please see this link, look in the cab removal thread!! **

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/shokka9's-kitchen

Did Not Remove(Present)

FM Radio

Internet Sharing

Java

Samsung Clock

Samsung Keyboards

Transcriber

Removed from WM6.5 (Not Present)

Outlook Live

Microsoft My Phone

MSN Widgets

Microsoft Market Place

Too Much, see my other thread to see what is usually removed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just remember that people work hard and to get this stuff out to you guys and sometimes it can take longer than expected... we all have lives, so live yours too :excl:

Enjoy peepz!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Please donate HERE. :P <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

post-428798-1241369027_thumb.png

Edited by shokka9

Guest maf107ezk0

Great job, I`ve been looking forward to this - will DEFINATELY try it!

P.S. Thanks for leaving the Transcriber in the ROM :excl:

Edited by maf107ezk0

Guest shokka9

it means, that it will not update phone part. your current phone part, will remain the same.

If you flash often, then you wont need it.

Guest maf107ezk0

Ok, first of all i love the new ROBOT animation :P After the update I have:

Storage

Total: 149.63MB

In use: 7.05MB

Free: 142.75MB

and about 64MB free of Program memory! THAT`S GREAT B)

Second thing is that the Transcriber isn`t there ;( :D I also think that the screen sensitivity is MUCH better than DXIA5?!?!? I also see that there IS a LOADING screen for the camera :excl: A thing that I found annoyng was when I got to settings and set them up (using the honeycomb menu) each time I closed a setting it took me back to the home screen and from there I had to go all the way back to Start - Settings - System for example (hope that`s not the case in the future :D). When I press the volume keys it takes me to the full screen volume changer but when I click on the speaker icon on the taskbar it shows me the normal (wm 6) volume rocker :excl: Overall the phone reacts very well but there are more things to do :excl: But hey, this is a beta! AWESOME job shokka9! You`re the best ;)

P.S. The big X button works great :excl:

P.S. I now noticed that the screen rotation is slow and laggy :D

Edited by maf107ezk0

Guest s0cks

Nice work Shokka! :excl:

And I'm pleased to see that my tips are well accepted by you and khuanchai! :excl:

PS to you: To avoid ringtones problem... why don't you leave a small ringtone as default? I did it in my custom ROM... and it works very well! So, if you do this... can avoid the warning for the users :excl:

Edited by s0cks

Guest shokka9
Nice work Shokka! :excl:

And I'm pleased to see that my tips are well accepted by you and khuanchai! :excl:

PS to you: To avoid ringtones problem... why don't you leave a small ringtone as default? I did it in my custom ROM... and it works very well! So, if you do this... can avoid the warning for the users :excl:

Well, it's all about size bro...i done it before. But i just remove what i want really.

The tip for setting up a folder, is a good one (for flash-addicts) :excl:

Thanks s0cks...

Guest shokka9

fixed it bro.....

Please test it.

PS: By the camera, it shouldnt have a loading screen when you select GPS mode. Try it in this fix bro...:excl:

Guest maf107ezk0

Ok, now the transcriber works :excl: Dude, you`re my hero! :excl: But the bad thing is that the mouse isn`t working ;) And also by not working you can`t set if you want vibration feedback from the D-PAD - something I liked :excl: Do you thing in the future the mouse will work on 6.5? :excl:

Guest shokka9

TO be honest, i would say more people DONT use it than use it.

It should work and will probably work in the future.

I remove it totally as it doesnt work at all.

Did you try the Camera? GPS??

Guest maf107ezk0

Yes - everything works great now :excl: Again brilliant job :excl: Oh, and another thing for the new guys at 6.5 like me - every app I`ve tryed has worked and why shouldn`t it :excl:

Ok, I have a question - in the honeycomb can I change the programs in a faster way than by holding them because it shows only move on top and down and that`s a lot of programs :excl:

Edited by maf107ezk0

Guest Sebounet

Great Shokka, a new lite version of your roms !

I'll try this rom tomorrow and i'll post my feedbacks here to help you in your hard work :excl:

Did you keep the facebook app in this release ?