• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
I bet you didn't flash the beta rom first.

AFBcon06

AFBcon06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910
Will this rom or any of the roms fix the issue with the text message conversation mode not saying a msg is read after its read? or when I hit the ghi key in T9 phone pad and it goes to a g instead of a automatic I like the original non leak rom

Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
cc20 bugs taint all cooked roms. Its an unfortunate situation, but no way around it.

Tim-H

Tim-H

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:i910

Well I tried to flash to this rom and did the steps (install samsung usb driver, download UMDL 2.3, click PDA and select the bin file, click detect, plug in phone...)
It detected the device and the download seemed to go fine, and the download finished (blue bar, everything ok).

Well then the Black Samsung Omnia screen popped up on the phone and the white part in the progress bar moved quickly to the second spot, but seems to be stuck there...I waited for 15 mins or so and nothing happens, only way to quit out of this is to remove the battery. When turning the phone on again, it again keep getting stuck in the second spot of the progress bar.

I tried to run UMDL again to re-flash, hit detect device, it downloads again, but same problem as before,, it gets stuck in the Samsung Omnia Loading screen (2nd step in the progress bar)

Any idea what happened and what I can do to remedy the situation?

Thanks

I agree with Adrynalyne sounds like you didnt flash the leaked rom. Do that and then install the cooked ROM again.

Edited by Tim-H, 20 May 2009 - 01:36 PM.

AFBcon06

AFBcon06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910

cc20 bugs taint all cooked roms. Its an unfortunate situation, but no way around it.

Thanks so much for the response

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Fascinate, Archos 101
Thanks for answering questions Adrynalyne and Tim-H.

I make ROMs because I like to. If you want to buy me a Pepsi though: Donate

Like tablets? Follow me at MyTabletLife.com

DonBurrow

DonBurrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung CH-i910
Wolf this ROM Rocks buddy. Thanks very much. You gotta paypal id?

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Wolf this ROM Rocks buddy. Thanks very much. You gotta paypal id?

Glad you like the ROM. <_<

There is a donate button in my signature (it doesn't show in every post for some reason). :)

Lisbian08

Lisbian08

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Has anyone noticed that the new keyboard inserts an unwanted period at times (during texting or in a webpage). Is there a way to correct this?

Thank you blazingwolf and others for all of your efforts.... they are much appreciated.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Has anyone noticed that the new keyboard inserts an unwanted period at times (during texting or in a webpage). Is there a way to correct this?
Thank you blazingwolf and others for all of your efforts.... they are much appreciated.

This is a bug with the beta ROM. SO it is the same in the leaked ROM and any of the custom ROMs made from it. As of yet there is no known fix.

Glad you like the ROM.

dave94

dave94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910
Took a deep breath and installed cc20 and then the blazingwolf bin. No problems. GPS took a while but it works fine now. That was my main goal. But I like the new look and feel also. Didn't take long to get everything sync'd back up with PC, reconnect with car, Wi-Fi, etc. If you're hesitating (I did), jump in!

I used the non-MS3 version. Any reason I can't install that trial on top of this?

One issue I found. I went to new.m.yahoo.com (new Yahoo home page) in Opera and IE and website compained that it didn't support the phone. I used this new Yahoo mobile site before the flashing. I thought I needed an Opera update but they said they couldn't identify the type of phone. I was able to download/install Google Maps so they must have identified the platform. Any ideas?

thanks!
Dave

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Took a deep breath and installed cc20 and then the blazingwolf bin. No problems. GPS took a while but it works fine now. That was my main goal. But I like the new look and feel also. Didn't take long to get everything sync'd back up with PC, reconnect with car, Wi-Fi, etc. If you're hesitating (I did), jump in!

I used the non-MS3 version. Any reason I can't install that trial on top of this?

One issue I found. I went to new.m.yahoo.com (new Yahoo home page) in Opera and IE and website compained that it didn't support the phone. I used this new Yahoo mobile site before the flashing. I thought I needed an Opera update but they said they couldn't identify the type of phone. I was able to download/install Google Maps so they must have identified the platform. Any ideas?

thanks!
Dave

Welcome to the flashers club. <_<

You can install anything you want to on the ROM including MS3.

I checked the site that you mentioned and I am not sure why it would no longer work. I checked with another ROM and got the same thing. It might have some thing to do with the customer csc but I'm not sure. I will look around for possible fixes.

Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
Do you have the browsers set to work as a desktop or mobile browser? That would cause that issue, if set as a desktop browser and going to a mobile site.

Edited by Adrynalyne, 21 May 2009 - 05:03 PM.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Do you have the browsers set to work as a desktop or mobile browser? That would cause that issue, if set as a desktop browser and going to a mobile site.

I double checked this and when I looked it was set to handset device. Something is not working right.

Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

I double checked this and when I looked it was set to handset device. Something is not working right.

It doesn't work in my 6.1 M2D rom either, I just checked.

dave94

dave94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I'll try my wife's 'stock' Omnia later. the site's beta so I guess it could be just hosed right now. Didn't think of this before.

Thanks guys.

hartv427

hartv427

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910 Omnia

I Just tried mine Wm6.1 Cooked, IE works when set to Desktop Computer but not when set to Mobile Device ... Same thing with Opera

Edited by hartv427, 21 May 2009 - 05:50 PM.

If you would like to buy me a cup of coffee feel free to Donate

dave94

dave94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I Just tried mine Wm6.1 Cooked, IE works when set to Desktop Computer but not when set to Mobile Device ... Same thing with Opera

Ya, sorry to waste your time. That's site's not ready for prime time I guess. What's funny is you set the browser to Desktop but the site is still perfectly formatted for the phone. <_<

One more thing that reeaaaaally pisses me off about this ROM. I used to use the 50's rotary phone ring tone. Nobody uses that. Now I have to go find that ring tone! JK :)

Thanks again.

wd4sgu

wd4sgu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910, Ipaq 211

@everyone,

Yesterday I pulled a muscle in and sprained my shoulder (go figure, I'm trying to stay in shape and it hurts me :/). So updates are going to take me a while as I can only use my left arm a little bit at a time. I'll get the fixes and additions out as soon as I am able.

Sorry to hear about your injury! <_< As much as I enjoy using your ROM, I hope you take some time off to recuperate.

Take care.

Mike

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Sorry to hear about your injury! B) As much as I enjoy using your ROM, I hope you take some time off to recuperate.

Take care.

Mike

I am. <_< I'm playing as long as it doesn't hurt much. Feeling better today but I still have numbness in my left hand and arm which worries me. The Ortho Doc I saw didn't think to much about it though.

Anyways, thanks. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users