280 replies to this topic

pw-man

pw-man

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I730

I am. <_< I'm playing as long as it doesn't hurt much. Feeling better today but I still have numbness in my left hand and arm which worries me. The Ortho Doc I saw didn't think to much about it though.

Anyways, thanks. :)

Blazingwolf - great rom, been using for a week or so now... I finally figured out a problem with MS3 related to ring tones (my phone never rings when people call me). supposidely this is fixed in the 3.01 release. Is that cooked in your rom or are you planning to update it? Thanks!

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Fascinate, Archos 101

Blazingwolf - great rom, been using for a week or so now... I finally figured out a problem with MS3 related to ring tones (my phone never rings when people call me). supposidely this is fixed in the 3.01 release. Is that cooked in your rom or are you planning to update it? Thanks!

I was working on it last night. I hope to have something up today. <_<

I make ROMs because I like to. If you want to buy me a Pepsi though: Donate

Like tablets? Follow me at MyTabletLife.com

pw-man

pw-man

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

I was working on it last night. I hope to have something up today. <_<

No problem - just loaded it from the site - still doesn't appear to fix the problem :-(

Are you seeing any issues with it or anybody else care to comment?

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

No problem - just loaded it from the site - still doesn't appear to fix the problem :-(

Are you seeing any issues with it or anybody else care to comment?

With any ringtone or with something selected from Mobile Shell?

pw-man

pw-man

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

With any ringtone or with something selected from Mobile Shell?

Appears to be any ringtone. I have the defaults set with the "normal" profile and it doesn't work (I simply test by calling myself). I then when and set a contact specific ringtone via Mobile Shell and it doesn't ring either....

It does vibrate and give me the display, but if I didn't feel it I wouldn't get the call....

I did check the volume controls and they were all the way up...

I've seen posts on the SPB forum of other Omnia users having the problem.... but no report of a fix yet...

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Appears to be any ringtone. I have the defaults set with the "normal" profile and it doesn't work (I simply test by calling myself). I then when and set a contact specific ringtone via Mobile Shell and it doesn't ring either....

It does vibrate and give me the display, but if I didn't feel it I wouldn't get the call....

I did check the volume controls and they were all the way up...

I've seen posts on the SPB forum of other Omnia users having the problem.... but no report of a fix yet...

Hmm, very weird as mine works just fine. A little bad news though. I have broken something in the ROM. I will not be able to post until I get it figured out. Sorry. <_<

pw-man

pw-man

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Hmm, very weird as mine works just fine. A little bad news though. I have broken something in the ROM. I will not be able to post until I get it figured out. Sorry. <_<

Ah, love it when the ingredients go bad :-)

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Ah, love it when the ingredients go bad :-)

Yeah, it's driving me nuts. Everything I have tried has failed. I might have to start from scratch again. <_<

pw-man

pw-man

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Yeah, it's driving me nuts. Everything I have tried has failed. I might have to start from scratch again. <_<

Ouch... on the bright side, I switched over to 6.5, loaded the latest MS and got my ring tones working :-)

WinMo Thread on MS3

I am amazed at this difference in free mem between 6.1 and 6.5 - thus I've moved over to 6.5 (at least for now!)

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Ouch... on the bright side, I switched over to 6.5, loaded the latest MS and got my ring tones working :-)

WinMo Thread on MS3

I am amazed at this difference in free mem between 6.1 and 6.5 - thus I've moved over to 6.5 (at least for now!)

Yeah, I think 6.5 is nice. I will try to keep this one up to date but I spend most of my time on 6.5 since that is what I use. <_<

dave94

dave94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910
I fixed this. It had nothing to do with the ROM although there is a problem if you can't install a Window update CAB. Maybe this is by design?

- original -

Hey, since this flash I realized I have this damn bug again where I can't send email. I was trying install a cab from MS and it failed b/c the OS id was different than it expected (link below). I did the registry edit manually also it still doesn't want to send emails. Could this be the ROM or am I just not donig something right. I did the Tracy&Matt fix and it fixed this problem originally. Any ideas?

thanks
Dave

http://www.microsoft...s...ylang=en

Edited by dave94, 03 June 2009 - 06:22 PM.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

I fixed this. It had nothing to do with the ROM although there is a problem if you can't install a Window update CAB. Maybe this is by design?
- original -

Hey, since this flash I realized I have this damn bug again where I can't send email. I was trying install a cab from MS and it failed b/c the OS id was different than it expected (link below). I did the registry edit manually also it still doesn't want to send emails. Could this be the ROM or am I just not donig something right. I did the Tracy&Matt fix and it fixed this problem originally. Any ideas?

thanks
Dave
http://www.microsoft...s...ylang=en

Nice find. <_< Thank you for finding it and posting about it.

roaminmatt

roaminmatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Here is my first crack at an i910 ROM. This first one is a mostly clean ROM with a few additions that I like to use myself. This should be considered a beta ROM and installing it is at your own risk. I assume no responsibility if you brick your device.

Please remember that this ROM is made for me but I am sharing it with you. Things I add or remove is up to me. I will gladly take suggestions but will not listen to demands.

I need to thank the following people for helping me get this ROM done: azintegra, WoZZer999

5-6-09 Update: Added Pim Backup, TouchLaunch, removed TVout and other items.
4-20-09 Update: Added personalizer and removed some more files and registry items that were not needed. smile.gif

Things I am working on:
GUI (I am looking at using ThrottleLauncher as my front end)
Video player (WMP works but I would like to have something else)
1-Calc (new skin)
Other items as suggested

ROM changes:

Items removed:
Business Card Reader
Connected Home
Digital Frame
Infrared Drivers
Main Menu
Media Album
Non English Keyboards
Photo Slides
Podcasts
RSS
Samsung Today 1
Shozu
Smart Reader
Testing exes (there are a bunch of testing items in this ROM due to its beta status, those are removed)
Text Messsage Retry
Touch Player
Transcriber
TVout (the icon in the settings menu is still ther but does nothing)
Video Editor
Visual Voice Mail
Welcome Center (completely removed and screen alignment preset, you may need to tap the start menu button to get the today screen to load)
Widgets
Windows Update
Zoomer
And more...

Updated:
.net 3.5

Added:
1-Calc (needs a new skin, this does not fill the screen yet)
Advanced Config 3.3
Baf's GPS Toggler
ICS
Pim Backup
Samsung Today 2
S2P (replaces Touch Player for Music)
Spb Screenshot
Soft key applet
TouchLaunch by Teemu Avellan (Press the home button in Today 2 to get to it)

Items changed:
Main Menu button is now the Easy Settings button
Spb Screenshot on the camera button
Guava Bubbles is the new today theme

Most of the items here have been removed by me by hand.

If you encounter any issues please post a bug or issue report in this thread so that I may investigate the issue.

How to flash this ROM:
Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. Now turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device.

http://www.4shared.c...ngwolf3bin.html

MS3 version:
http://www.4shared.c...ashMS32bin.html

You must have a registration number to get MS3 working. The 15 day trial period does not work.

roaminmatt

roaminmatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
This rom is not worth the work. Ever since i flashed my onmia with it, it has been lagging like crazy, my keyboard doesn't work with some apps, and i keep getting a message saying my remote party has logged out. so i re-flashed back to Verizon software. I guess no mater what version of windows you use its just going to suck.

roaminmatt

bga7x

bga7x

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts
  • Interests:Phones, Photos, and Soccer!!!
  • Devices:Moto Droid
  • Twitter:@bgill55
wow I remember this thread!!!

strong sad

strong sad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910

This rom is not worth the work. Ever since i flashed my onmia with it, it has been lagging like crazy, my keyboard doesn't work with some apps, and i keep getting a message saying my remote party has logged out. so i re-flashed back to Verizon software. I guess no mater what version of windows you use its just going to suck.

roaminmatt

look at the date of this tread man, he has come out with 2 treads since then all full of updated ROMs. You just tried a ROM that is missing months of updates and fixes. You might want to try flashing to the new firmware then flashing to the newest ROM. The newest thread can be found here: http://www.modaco.co...blic-wm6-5-v10/

joshrem700

joshrem700

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
need some help I know someone who has an i910,lives in canada and has bell mobility, I was trying to find info. on cooked roms that can be used with that device I only know about my vzw i910
Thank you

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Devices:HTC Incredible
  • Twitter:@NecoSino
Why revive an old thread for a totally unrelated question? There are NO BELL ROMs out at this time, sorry.

Buy me a drink if I helped you out. :)
Posted Image

lbartik

lbartik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910
I've been running this rom for a while now and can't get to NAM programming with *772, **772, #772, ##772. My phone just tries to dial out. Can anybody help remind me? Is this related to the BW WM6.5 ROM?

Edited by lbartik, 17 December 2010 - 04:24 PM.

LEOSOFT

LEOSOFT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC
I LOADED IT SUCCESFULLY BUT NOW MY PHONE DOESN'T START

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users