280 replies to this topic

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Fascinate, Archos 101

Everything cooked so far is from the leaked rom.

Thank you for providing answers Adrynalyne. I appreciate it. :excl:

I make ROMs because I like to. If you want to buy me a Pepsi though: Donate

Like tablets? Follow me at MyTabletLife.com

Aximtreo

Aximtreo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Surprised on one else has asked the question. This is a bin file; how do we flash it? :excl:

bigdaddykane

bigdaddykane

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:i910
don'tmean to be nosy but iv been reading and reading and reading every ounce of forums on the web about the omnia now that it can be flashed...i hear tons of talk about limitations do to "csc" what is "csc" if you guys mind me asking

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Surprised on one else has asked the question. This is a bin file; how do we flash it? :excl:

Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. No turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

don'tmean to be nosy but iv been reading and reading and reading every ounce of forums on the web about the omnia now that it can be flashed...i hear tons of talk about limitations do to "csc" what is "csc" if you guys mind me asking

The customer_csc can allow you to change the ROM information so that the name of it can be different. WhoZZer999 thinks there are some other things in it also but I'm not sure what else is in it.

The hope is that once an exe file drops from Verizon we can get to this information.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
4-20-09 Update: Added personalizer and removed some more files and registry items that were not needed. :excl:

Please see the first post for the updated link.

maldonj1

maldonj1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:I910, I920,DX,Bionic,
can you post images or does it look the same as wozzers?

Have some stuff to sell? visit http://myegaragesale.com and sell it for super cheap

mike6

mike6

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Verizon Samsung Omnia 2 i920
I've been following these threads on the new/cooked ROMs with interest and have done the NEW (beta) ROM flashing and, also, WoZZer's Cooked ROM and, for the most part, have been very satisfied. I notice that Adrynalyne appears to be active in both WoZZer's thread and, also, in this (blazingwolf) thread and was curious on his impressions of the pros and cons of each PDF modification.

Thanks, again, to all contributors. It is interesting and enlightening.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

can you post images or does it look the same as wozzers?

Sure, I can post some but honestly the look is pretty stock right off the bat. I enabled the Samsung Today 2 plug in and BAF GPS toggle to show upon startup. Even the base theme is shown at start up (thought I plan on changing that soon).

I have left some things in like FMradio (because I use it) and removed other items that WhoZZeR999 doesn't. I have every intention on making some more changes though to make it more of what I like. Once I get ThrottleLauncher broken in to a usable OEM I will be making that my GUI since it is possible to have many looks, including a TF3D type theme. It will make things a little more versatile that way.

I'm also trying to play with WM 6.5 to see if I can get it working on our devices. Not a whole lot of luck yet though. :excl:

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

I've been following these threads on the new/cooked ROMs with interest and have done the NEW (beta) ROM flashing and, also, WoZZer's Cooked ROM and, for the most part, have been very satisfied. I notice that Adrynalyne appears to be active in both WoZZer's thread and, also, in this (blazingwolf) thread and was curious on his impressions of the pros and cons of each PDF modification.

The main difference right now is the files that have been left or have been removed. That will change as time goes on. Take a look at the first post of both threads as there is a list of items that have been removed and/or added. It can help you to decide whos ROM you would like to use. Feel free to ask question too as I will always try to answer them. :excl:

Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

You lost me. Impressions of what?

:excl:

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Devices:HTC Incredible
  • Twitter:@NecoSino
Basically if there are any performance boosts, etc, like the i900 roms give..

Which there wont be much of, since really its just different items removed / added :excl:

And since they're both based off the CC20 ROM, there shouldnt be much difference in stability / compatability either.

Edited by necosino, 20 April 2009 - 07:22 PM.

Buy me a drink if I helped you out. :)
Posted Image

Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Basically if there are any performance boosts, etc, like the i900 roms give..

Which there wont be much of, since really its just different items removed / added :excl:

And since they're both based off the CC20 ROM, there shouldnt be much difference in stability / compatability either.

Stability can always be a concern. While I have not tried wolf's rom, I've no doubt its just as stable and speedy as Wozzer's. They both know their stuff.

mrdeadlock

mrdeadlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Hi blazingwolf,

I've been using the stock rom since the night it came out. This evening I reformatted my Pc (active sync has been unreliable at best lately). I decided to flash some roms. I tried Wozzer V5 +m2d, I tried it without m2d. I really like the today 2 screen, and some of the things that were removed. Came searching and I found yours. I very much like the small things you added, and the default Today 2 screen. I'm now an avid fan of yours, so I hope to see some frequent updates. :-) Everything is working fine thus far. I'll let you know if i experience any problem, so we can get them fixed.

Have a nice night,

Deadlock.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Hi blazingwolf,

I've been using the stock rom since the night it came out. This evening I reformatted my Pc (active sync has been unreliable at best lately). I decided to flash some roms. I tried Wozzer V5 +m2d, I tried it without m2d. I really like the today 2 screen, and some of the things that were removed. Came searching and I found yours. I very much like the small things you added, and the default Today 2 screen. I'm now an avid fan of yours, so I hope to see some frequent updates. :-) Everything is working fine thus far. I'll let you know if i experience any problem, so we can get them fixed.

Have a nice night,

Deadlock.

Thank you. :excl:

I'm still working on some things. I have a small list in the first post that mentions what I would like to do. ROMs are never quite perfect. :excl:

hacky-phone

hacky-phone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:SoftBank Omnia 930SC
Have anyone ever tried Flashing any ROM to SoftBank Omnia 930SC? Because its useless right now, no WM5.0 or 6.0 and no Wi-Fi capability. I would be willing to try on my phone if anybody would say it will work.

Thanks.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Have anyone ever tried Flashing any ROM to SoftBank Omnia 930SC? Because its useless right now, no WM5.0 or 6.0 and no Wi-Fi capability. I would be willing to try on my phone if anybody would say it will work.

Thanks.

I seriously doubt it would work. These ROMs are designed to work for a specific devices only.

randallrld

randallrld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 1910

I seriously doubt it would work. These ROMs are designed to work for a specific devices only.

I think the major differences from this and the Wozzer rom is that Wozzer's rom has a wifi problem and has removed the xvid codecs.

This version has the gps application and no wifi problems and has the xvid codec intact. So i been on tihs rom for the time being.

jgilfor

jgilfor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Verizon (Samsung) Omnia
I agree that, at least for now, Blazingwolf's cooked ROM is more stable (IMHO) than Wozzer's, and has none of the Verizon bloat that the vanilla leaked ROM does. Add SPB Mobile Shell 3, and you have a tremendous machine!

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
Thanks guys. :excl:

I'm looking in to putting MS3 in to the ROM. I hope to have it soon. :excl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic