blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Fascinate, Archos 101

any joy with my little gift bro??

I cant access the other forum from work :excl:

Not yet. I haven't worked on it much since then though because of the family. I will be working on it it today though since I'm off from work. :excl:

I make ROMs because I like to. If you want to buy me a Pepsi though: Donate

Like tablets? Follow me at MyTabletLife.com

hacky-phone

hacky-phone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:SoftBank Omnia 930SC

I seriously doubt it would work. These ROMs are designed to work for a specific devices only.

If that's the case would there be somebody with great heart would ever try to make ROM for these phones, I would be the first one to jump into it...

Blazingwolf, Thank you anyway...

Peter Brauer

Peter Brauer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
I have flashed to Adrylyns and WoZZer's ROMs and now BlazingWolf. All were good in different ways, but like many others have succumbed to the disease that once you start flashing you can't stop yourself!

I have been using BlazingWolf's ROM since Friday and have to say it is excellent. I added SPB Mobile 3 2 days ago and the phone is finally living up to my expectations. GPS locks in about 5-10 seconds, memory usage is excellent, response time is great on apps and I have had NO stability issues whatsoever.

I upgraded to this phone from an HTC Vogue (Verizon Touch) for which I was using both ROMs from the HTC Geeks site and then the last several ROMs I cooked myself and I am extremely impressed. Until I figure out how to get my own kitchen working (I am still having problems) this will be what I run, and it will probably be the one I keep coming back to at this point.

Great work, and looking very forward to enhancements!

breadtrk

breadtrk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:omnia
Is there someplace else I can download this? That site is filtered and I can't get to it from my workdesk.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Is there someplace else I can download this? That site is filtered and I can't get to it from my workdesk.

Where can you download from? I will look in to putting a mirror there. I don't have an FTP or the like.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
@Peter Brauer,

Thank you for the nice comments. If you need help with the kitchen let me know. :excl:

Peter Brauer

Peter Brauer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

@Peter Brauer,

Thank you for the nice comments. If you need help with the kitchen let me know. :excl:

Yeah, well....you know. Can't quite seem to get the kitchen to work for me yet no matter how many things I have tried. Guess I got pretty spoiled using BuildOS from PPC Kitchen!

Gonna keep working on it and see what I can come up with, would really like to be able to cook and share too!

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920
I'd like to be able to cook as well. However, I don't have the faintest clue on how to do any of it lol.

Posted Image

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

I'd like to be able to cook as well. However, I don't have the faintest clue on how to do any of it lol.

Honestly, it isn't that hard. The hard part comes when you try to port something (at least this is true for me :excl:). If you would like some help just let me know.

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920
See, I don't even know what port means lolol. I assume import? as in put a new program in?

Posted Image

Peter Brauer

Peter Brauer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

See, I don't even know what port means lolol. I assume import? as in put a new program in?

The answer to that is Yes and No. Port in this context usually means to move an application or code from one platform to another, such as something written for an HTC Vogue to the Samsung Omnia. So, yes, it is "importing" a new program, but it is a little more involved in terms of making sure the correct DLLs, etc are there. Depending on what it is you want to port, and how it was originally written (i.e. very device specific as opposed to a general WinMo app) influences the complexity.

That is why it can be so difficult to get really cool widgets and gadgets from a certain phone to work on others.

Hope that helps!

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Hmm, no. Port as in port WM6.5 to our device. :excl:

You use OEMs or Packages to put different programs in to a ROM. :excl:

Peter Brauer

Peter Brauer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Hmm, no. Port as in port WM6.5 to our device. :excl:

You use OEMs or Packages to put different programs in to a ROM. :excl:

So does this mean we can expect a WM6.5 ROM from you soon?? :excl:

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

So does this mean we can expect a WM6.5 ROM from you soon?? :excl:

I wish. I can't get it to even build yet. I think it is something to do with my xip but I have no idea what. I'm still working on it though. It's actually why more versions of my ROM have not come out yet.

vielster

vielster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:i910
Any idea why GPS would not work with this ROM?  I installed, everything worked fine, but even when I enable the GPS (GPS Says "On") it just stays in "Seek 0."  When I try to use it in Google Maps it also just states that it's seeking satellites, and never finds any.

hartv427

hartv427

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910 Omnia
Blazingwolf,

Just wanted to thank you for all you have done !!!! After upgrading to the CC20 ROM and enjoying the Gps I started looking into the cooked
roms popping up and have chosen yours to try. I very much like your approach very clean with a few very key programs installed. I've tried

both of your versions 1 and 2 and I have a question about your 4-20-09 Update what is "personalizer" what does it do for you it makes the
Phone boot slower until you run it once.

Thanks again,
First time writing in

If you would like to buy me a cup of coffee feel free to Donate

hartv427

hartv427

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910 Omnia

Any idea why GPS would not work with this ROM? I installed, everything worked fine, but even when I enable the GPS (GPS Says "On") it just stays in "Seek 0." When I try to use it in Google Maps it also just states that it's seeking satellites, and never finds any.

Works fine for me … after you enable gps and get thorough the warnings and a couple soft resets. It should work fine. Although, it may take a long time the first time. Going outside helps.

If you would like to buy me a cup of coffee feel free to Donate

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Any idea why GPS would not work with this ROM?  I installed, everything worked fine, but even when I enable the GPS (GPS Says "On") it just stays in "Seek 0."  When I try to use it in Google Maps it also just states that it's seeking satellites, and never finds any.

GPS should work just fine. Please make sure you are outside and wait for about 10 minutes to get the first lock. Subsequent locks are generally faster.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Blazingwolf,

Just wanted to thank you for all you have done !!!! After upgrading to the CC20 ROM and enjoying the Gps I started looking into the cooked
roms popping up and have chosen yours to try. I very much like your approach very clean with a few very key programs installed. I've tried
both of your versions 1 and 2 and I have a question about your 4-20-09 Update what is "personalizer" what does it do for you it makes the
Phone boot slower until you run it once.

Thanks again,
First time writing in

Thanks. :excl:

Personalizer allows you to change the operator line in plugins or other programs to anything you want. So with Samsung Today 2 instead of saying Home Service mine says VZW. You can choose anything you want it to say though. Why you are having problems with a slow down I'm not sure. I have not run in to the issue myself. Is this right after flash? What other programs do you have installed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users