hartv427

hartv427

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910 Omnia

Thanks. :excl:

Personalizer allows you to change the operator line in plugins or other programs to anything you want. So with Samsung Today 2 instead of saying Home Service mine says VZW. You can choose anything you want it to say though. Why you are having problems with a slow down I'm not sure. I have not run in to the issue myself. Is this right after flash? What other programs do you have installed?

Yes right after the flash and a couple or soft resets .. Personalizer wants to run because it’s in the startup dir .. I canceled out at first because I didn’t know what it was. At First I disabled then later reinstalled it and understand what it is now. After you let it run once things are good. Also I installed the main menu cab even though it’s a pain so the home button on Samsung Today 2 works instead of a missing shortcut. SPB screenshot nice touch.

Thanks Again

Attached Files

Edited by hartv427, 24 April 2009 - 05:52 PM.

If you would like to buy me a cup of coffee feel free to Donate

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Fascinate, Archos 101

Yes right after the flash and a couple or soft resets .. Personalizer wants to run because it’s in the startup dir .. I canceled out at first because I didn’t know what it was. At First I disabled then later reinstalled it and understand what it is now. After you let it run once things are good. Also I installed the main menu cab even though it’s a pain so the home button on Samsung Today 2 works instead of a missing shortcut. SPB screenshot nice touch.

Thanks Again

Hmm, I really have not noticed a slow down but it may just be because I am used to it. I didn't even realize that the home button launched something. lol I'll need to fix that. Thank you. :excl:

The next version of the ROM has the Spb Screenshot slaved to the camera button in place of Photoslides. :excl: Plus I have removed the security checks so you don't get that annoying pop up asking if you really want to install (maybe this is what is causing the slow down).

Nice background. Is that a full theme or just a wallpaper? Care to share?

I make ROMs because I like to. If you want to buy me a Pepsi though: Donate

Like tablets? Follow me at MyTabletLife.com

hartv427

hartv427

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Hmm, I really have not noticed a slow down but it may just be because I am used to it. I didn't even realize that the home button launched something. lol I'll need to fix that. Thank you. :excl:

The next version of the ROM has the Spb Screenshot slaved to the camera button in place of Photoslides. :excl: Plus I have removed the security checks so you don't get that annoying pop up asking if you really want to install (maybe this is what is causing the slow down).

Nice background. Is that a full theme or just a wallpaper? Care to share?

Just a wallpaper ... I'm really enjoying this clean rom ... Looking foward to your next version !!!
One other thing I have found is a few file extension and default icon errors trying ot open for example.3g2 the cameras video file. Total Commander fixted that for me though. I think the file extension errors are do to the removal of the touch player. Media player will now open the file but it still has the touchplayer icon

Attached Files

Edited by hartv427, 24 April 2009 - 09:03 PM.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Just a wallpaper ... I'm really enjoying this clean rom ... Looking foward to your next version !!!
One other thing I have found is a few file extension and default icon errors trying ot open for example.3g2 the cameras video file. Total Commander fixted that for me though. I think the file extension errors are do to the removal of the touch player. Media player will now open the file but it still has the touchplayer icon

Thanks for the wallpaper. :excl:

Yeah, the file association is something I have to work on. I have not yet located where this is in the ROM to make the change. Thank you for letting me know. :excl:

Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Thanks for the wallpaper. :excl:

Yeah, the file association is something I have to work on. I have not yet located where this is in the ROM to make the change. Thank you for letting me know. :excl:

If memory serves, its in the boot.rgu under .ROM, or in the BaseApps rgu file.

The easier way is to use something like OEMizer and add your own registry entries in to overwrite the old.

hartv427

hartv427

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Back to Personalizer

I think the slow down only happens after flashing an then a hard reset Personalizer wants you to do something a window pops up to fast to read. But once you give Personalizer an answer soft resets are much faster. With all that being said I believe the phone is a good 20 to 30% faster overall with the garbage removed !!!! :excl:

Edited by hartv427, 24 April 2009 - 09:04 PM.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

If memory serves, its in the boot.rgu under .ROM, or in the BaseApps rgu file.

The easier way is to use something like OEMizer and add your own registry entries in to overwrite the old.

Thanks. I never had luck with OEMizer when I cooked ROMs for my HTC devices. I will look at it again though to see if I have better luck now. :excl:

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Back to Personalizer

I think the slow down only happens after flashing an then a hard reset Personalizer wants you to do something a window pops up to fast to read. But once you give Personalizer an answer soft resets are much faster. With all that being said I believe the phone is a good 20 to 30% faster overall with the garbage removed !!!! :excl:

Hmm, OK. Let's see what happens with the next version. :excl:

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
Just made a version with MS3 put in to it. Thanks to Sector for the OEM. :excl: It also has a couple of other fixes in it. A new version with out MS3 should be up soon too.

Will add the link to the first post.

http://www.4shared.c...ashMS31bin.html

Edit: I forgot to say that you must have a registration code for MS3 to work. When cooked in to a ROM the 15 day trial period has ended.

Edited by blazingwolf, 25 April 2009 - 06:26 PM.

kurcha

kurcha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:I910

Just made a version with MS3 put in to it. Thanks to Sector for the OEM. :excl: It also has a couple of other fixes in it. A new version with out MS3 should be up soon too.

Thnx! Very much...

I am using the previous rom and I like it. Too bad I don't know how to do it my self.

kurcha

kurcha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:I910

Newb-

I meant to ask... would you please post pics...

Thnx!

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Newb-

I meant to ask... would you please post pics...

Thnx!

Yeah, I will a little later on. I have already flashed a different ROM so I have to go back and get the images. I wish I wouldn't have forgotten them. :excl:

Tim-H

Tim-H

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:i910
In your guys opinion is MS3 worth the $30 to buy? Let me know. Looking forward to flashing soon.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

In your guys opinion is MS3 worth the $30 to buy? Let me know. Looking forward to flashing soon.

I like it. Makes a lot of things easier to use then the standard OS interface. It still allows use of the today screen also for different plugins too. Download the trial and use it for a few days before flashing to the MS3 ROM. That way you can decide if you like it. :excl:

taz55

taz55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910
just installed your rom. I will work on my own later. Wanted to say thanks.

Edited by taz55, 25 April 2009 - 09:47 PM.

mcaron1234

mcaron1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Verizon Omnia
Thanks for your hard work on this rom! Everything looks good. How difficult would it be for me to re-add visual voice mail and change some the registry settings to not force a screen alignment on first boot? I've already setup a kitchen per you instructions in another thread.

Tim-H

Tim-H

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:i910
Been using your ROM all day. I chose yours over Wozzer because you left in more of the apps I use and he took out a lot of them. Would like to say that it runs really smoothly. With the original (leaked) ROM the menus would take forever to load when I would click them. In yours the response is amazing. I dont feel any lag time. Thanks for your work. I look forward to see what you can do with WM 6.5.

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

just installed your rom. I will work on my own later. Wanted to say thanks.

My pleasure. :excl:

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Thanks for your hard work on this rom! Everything looks good. How difficult would it be for me to re-add visual voice mail and change some the registry settings to not force a screen alignment on first boot? I've already setup a kitchen per you instructions in another thread.

There is a cab available for this through VZW. It's a download. The screen alignment change should be simple (though for some reason it doesn't want to go away in my ROMs). Here is the reg info for it.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Welcome]
"Disable"=dword:000000FF

blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Been using your ROM all day. I chose yours over Wozzer because you left in more of the apps I use and he took out a lot of them. Would like to say that it runs really smoothly. With the original (leaked) ROM the menus would take forever to load when I would click them. In yours the response is amazing. I dont feel any lag time. Thanks for your work. I look forward to see what you can do with WM 6.5.

Glad you like it. :excl:

Hopefully we can get WM6.5 working sometime soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users