SPB Mobile Shell 3 :)

Guest Sinaaa

Guest 3shirts
if we have a registered version of MS2.. will SM3 be free.. or will we hav to buy another one?

If you bought MS2 within the 90 days prior to the release of the new version then yes, you are entitled to a free upgrade. If it was longer than that then you can pay for an upgrade but it's cheaper than the full (new) price. Your existing key will not work either way, you need a new one which you will be able to apply for on their site once MS3 is officially released.

Edited by 3shirts

Guest ronaldb3
Weird, mine says SPB Contacts for that pane and I have the same build

Mine also says "SPB Contacts" on the Cube view.

Two questions-

How do I find the About to see the version build?

Can the Contact icon on the bottom of the Pro and Life screens be changed to all contacts instead of SPB favorite contacts?

Thanks...

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest 3shirts
Mine also says "SPB Contacts" on the Cube view.

Two questions-

How do I find the About to see the version build?

Can the Contact icon on the bottom of the Pro and Life screens be changed to all contacts instead of SPB favorite contacts?

Thanks...

Ron...

Don't know about your second question but the version info is in Settings>SPBMobileShell>About

Guest Paskov
I tried installing direct to the phone, went to restart phone and now it wont get by the samsung omnia boot up screen. help!

Hey dude i had this prob a while a go while doin a firmware upgrade. Dont worry its not the end of the world as there i a solution :-). Follow instructions on this page: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...p;mode=threaded and you will get it back to normal but wont have all your data on the phone. Credit goes to Paul for fantastic guide. This also goes for anyone that this happens to aswell, such as bricking the phone.

Hope you fix it!!

Guest smoothcrooner

I've been playing around with this new version of SPB MS all afternoon and I must say I'm loving it big time. It's so smooth and fast. Bye bye version 2.1.5.

Guest mcduvet

so happy with this, finally have the omnia running and looking the way i want after six months of farting about with different ui. great work spb.

Guest Neil5459

Moderator Message.

Please would the contributors to this topic refrain from requesting, or posting links to unauthorised versions of this program, or any other copyrighted content. Genuine Beta testers will be able to download test versions, but the public release is imminent. Have patience please, and protect the reputation of MoDaCo :excl:

Guest Sinaaa

Neil, the rapidshare link I gave was not cracked or illegal. It was the latest build... (these are under trial unless someone buy/get a key).

Guest meabigbaldguy

It's funny how these suddenly get leaked. And then after a handful of the right people - people like us - get their hands on it, it's suddenly pulled. Think about it. It's free R&D, and it's the perfect way to have a product evaluated at almost no cost for the developer. People like us will spend hours and hours pulling it apart, painting it red, then put it all back together again, and then post all of our technical efforts and findings on a very public forum. All for free!

Brilliant!

Edited by meabigbaldguy

Guest jonmck
Heeey guys !

Can anyone show us his screenshots ???

I have installed it - but i have two soft keys at the bottom of the screen register and close - that seem to be diabling mobile shell 3 from working. I cannot get it to turn to cube mode or do anything. I have just bought 2.1.5 and tried that code but it does not work. any ideas?

Guest lipobay

Calling all SPB Mobile Shell 3 users

Q. Does this have the option to customize the Main Menu layout in the way you prefer (i.e grid layout with Organiser, Messaging, My Menu etc) and also your links within?? Be rather crap if it doesn't as its the best bit about SPB, you can customize it to your hearts content!

Am an Samsung Omnia user with Manila2D, SPB Mobile Shell2 and PocketCM Contacts - have had mine since Sept 08 and happy with my setup, don't want to try SPB 3 if it doesn't do the above + just in case it wrecks my phone.

P.S - For those Omnia users reading - am on standard Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM by Shokka (PDA:DXIA5/SHK16M, PHONE:DXIA2)

Guest Sinaaa

lipobay, it won't damage your phone and won't make you need to hard reset.

but seems theres no way to customize as you said. maybe in this build maybe forever spb has decided to not put that function.

Guest vishalm
Calling all SPB Mobile Shell 3 users

Q. Does this have the option to customize the Main Menu layout in the way you prefer (i.e grid layout with Organiser, Messaging, My Menu etc) and also your links within?? Be rather crap if it doesn't as its the best bit about SPB, you can customize it to your hearts content!

Am an Samsung Omnia user with Manila2D, SPB Mobile Shell2 and PocketCM Contacts - have had mine since Sept 08 and happy with my setup, don't want to try SPB 3 if it doesn't do the above + just in case it wrecks my phone.

P.S - For those Omnia users reading - am on standard Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM by Shokka (PDA:DXIA5/SHK16M, PHONE:DXIA2)

Have a look at my thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...mobile-shell-3/

Answer to your question is yes, and its customisable after a small tweak.

Screenshots are on the first post of my thread.

Guest simp dogg

Perfecto ! ! ! screen01iog.png

Shot at 2009-04-17

screen03c.png

Shot at 2009-04-17

screen02s.png

screen05b.png

screen06x.png

This is great, it installed and it automatically uninstalls version 2 on its on. No soft reset needed either.

My Omnia runs better than it ever has.

Edited by simp dogg