Dr Nicky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

That message comes out when AdvFMRadio is not starting up. Possible causes are:

• SDK Certs is not installed
  • File AdvFMRadio.dll missing from \Windows
  • Check that "\HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\FMRadio\DLL" registy key is FMRadio.dll (old driver) or AdvFMRadio.dll (new one)
Which ROM are you using? On which firmware is based upon? Was the FM radio working before?

I was discussing that with some i910 users, the FM radio driver of i910 is pretty the same of i900 one and there are good chanches that this will work as is. If someone wants to try, I strongly suggest to backup the device first. If the phone boots after AdvFMDriver activation (and I bet it will), there's 90% probability of everything working fine.

Use this:
http://rapidshare.co...KCerts.cab.html

The 10 download limit has been reached. Does anyone know of another addresss this can be downloaded from?

Edited by Dr Nicky, 20 April 2009 - 05:31 PM.

illusion786

illusion786

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Devices:Omnia - HTC Artemis & Wizard
I Can confirm TMC is working in London :excl:

Im receiving data via Heart FM and Capital FM. Im using iGO 8.3 and can see (read) were all the jams are.

Well done Beamrider.

illusion786

illusion786

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Sorry i forgot to ask.

After installing your software, will it be always be running in the background or only when its needed via the Satnav app ? The reason i ask is would it effect the battery as the radio is scanning ?

PS. for the guy above

Alternative link for SDKcerts

http://www.navizon.c...ds/SdkCerts.cab
http://www.4shared.c...5/sdkcerts.html
http://www.badongo.com/file/7628921

Edited by illusion786, 20 April 2009 - 07:24 PM.

kalekume

kalekume

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Thank you very much Beam Rider

it works very good in spain, station RNE3.

great work

DAlma

DAlma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Hi guys,

I will test it in Switzerland, Germany and France next end of this week. But I have 1 question:

1) Do I still need to plug the earphones to the phone?

Thanks

3shirts

3shirts

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S
I tested this on my way home and it worked great (this is Cambridgshire, UK). Got TMC data and popped up some local traffic issues!
Top bombing!

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000 (8GB)
Happy to hear that TMC is flowing :excl:

I just published a new version that may solve the iGO 8.3.2.64873 problems. I wasn't able to reproduce the beahviour so I'm guessing more than fixing, anyway I just found some bugs looking at your log files and enhanced some driver parts so please keep me updated on iGO issue.

@DAlma:
I removed the earphones software check from the driver, but the tuner chip cannot receive any station without an antenna. I'm working also on a modified car charger / USB cable to have the antenna available for in-car usage. A tester also reported that by using original charged and the USB cable he was able to receive stations ... not my case.

Edited by BeamRider, 20 April 2009 - 09:30 PM.

OmniaTMC Beta 1 has been released ... take a look here
If you like this project and want to support its development, please donate

egon-olsen

egon-olsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250
Hello

I've test your TMC program with my Omnia and igo8 in Germany. It work's perfect, no problems. I received over 50 TMC messages from different radio stations.

Thank you for this very good program.

Edited by egon-olsen, 20 April 2009 - 09:50 PM.

ziggy55

ziggy55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Hi!!
After some months from project start, here it is the first public beta release of my TMC kit for i900.
You'll find a CAB file and a PDF document enclosed. Please read the document before installing the kit beacuse there are some steps to be performed before installing the package.

Actually it was tested with iGo only (both 8.0 and 8.3 versions) and I hope to hear some reports from you!

If someone wants to include this kit into its custom rom, I can give standalone exe, dlls and registry specs.

IMPORTANT EDIT: the new installer ( rel 0.9.3.8) contains updated TMCSerial and OmniaTMC Setup compontents. This should fix the TMCProtocol issue, a possible fix to iGO 8.3.2.64873 and some minor fixes. To update, plese first uninstall the previous version using the procedure in the PDF file, then install the new package.

You're a genius, where to donate?

illusion786

illusion786

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

A tester also reported that by using original charged and the USB cable he was able to receive stations ... not my case.

i just tested & I am receiving TMC data via my Wall Charger using the tmc config app.

Edited by illusion786, 20 April 2009 - 10:33 PM.

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
Funny that I'm not receiving any station with the charger, anyway you'll find useful infos on how to build a charger/antenna cable on the older thread called "TMC"

@ziggy55: if you (or sombody else) wants to donete for the project, you'll find the link in my signature.

Thanks to everybody for the support, comments, posts ... in any form it will get, it will help this project to go on!

illusion786

illusion786

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Another thing i have noticed is that when tmc is active, there is no audio. Can anything be done?

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Another thing i have noticed is that when tmc is active, there is no audio. Can anything be done?

If you have the earphones adaptor connected the audio is going trough it so audio should be availabe on the earphones (that is another good reason to have a modified charger/antenna cable).

Edited by BeamRider, 20 April 2009 - 11:20 PM.

illusion786

illusion786

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I have tried using it with the earphones and no audio passes through it while the TMC/Radio is active.

I have the Audio adaptor but with that i cannot get an TMC signal.

Edited by illusion786, 20 April 2009 - 11:37 PM.

ilyukha

ilyukha

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900; Dell Axim x51v
Could anyone tell me, please, if TMC service service exists in US? And if yes will this work here?

Thanks

bobobird

bobobird

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Devices:i900

Could anyone tell me, please, if TMC service service exists in US? And if yes will this work here?

Thanks

There are some TMC services on a subscription basis but limited to provisioning through their own devices. So a generic iGo type solution isnt possible as far as I know.

You can try this site for more info
http://www.gpspassio...asp?FORUM_ID=79

Edited by bobobird, 21 April 2009 - 01:50 AM.

wkmmx500

wkmmx500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II 8gb
Hi Beamrider,

Thanks for this. Simply fantastic!

Tested it in Germany and works great on iGo 8.3.2.79297 (20090302).

I'm running it on WM6.5 - 21501 from dddrko.

I just love my Omnia and this incredible community.

Donation will be on its way.

Gr.W

Samsung Omnia 16Gb / Eten x500

KingKoresh

KingKoresh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 8GB
HI Beamrider,

Think the updated dll you emailed me yesterday evening did the trick! I was also having some problems with the GPS port not being found but changed that to port 5 and now works brilliantly! I am actually disappointed there were no traffic jams on the way to work this morning which I could avoid!

Also, I have a simple 3.5mm adaptor cable but it doesn'yt work for picking up stations - seems I have to use the Samsung headphones, so that new cable you are working on sounds like a very good idea.

Top job!

jeffrey2000

jeffrey2000

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2
Well everything works now with the newer version but it just works 1 session of Igo, after this I gotta reboot to make it work again, seems like it totally claims/reservates the TMC (driver) but doesn't release it from the memory again after, maybe gotta build-in a disconnect/release closure procedure on the driver (if it's not possible in the driver maybe a mortscript or something)?

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Well everything works now with the newer version but it just works 1 session of Igo, after this I gotta reboot to make it work again, seems like it totally claims/reservates the TMC (driver) but doesn't release it from the memory again after, maybe gotta build-in a disconnect/release closure procedure on the driver (if it's not possible in the driver maybe a mortscript or something)?

Yes it should be something similar except for the fact that the driver should always be loaded in memory.

Appears that iGO is not closing in the right way, something remains loaded and keeps the serial port opened. On the second iGO launch, the new instance tries to connect to the port but the driver is still locked by the previous one and reports a failure.

I need your logfile to crosscheck this issue so, please follow this steps:
  • soft reset (just to clean all)
  • if you have \TMCSerialLog.log and \TMCDump.log files on your mobile, delete them
  • enable logging as described in my previous post (disable TMCSerial, enable log options, enable TMCSerial)
  • launch iGO and play for some seconds
  • close iGO
  • wait a 1 or 2 minutes
  • launch iGO again (here, in your case, you should not be able to use TMC)
  • close iGO
  • take the two log files and mail them to me so I can take a look to what is happening
Thank you for the effort, I'm just trying to discover if this is my fault or iGO's :excl:

Edited by BeamRider, 21 April 2009 - 09:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users