Is there any way to play JAR java games on windows mobile

Guest sharkfinrazor

Guest sharkfinrazor

Hi, is there a java midp2 emulator program which you can play jar games (the ones that run awesome on sony ericsson phones - www.gameloft.com - various games).

There is some java aps on htc that ive tried such as esmertec and that already installed jblend for the htc touch pro, but they are limited to what you can do, they load slow for some reason (compaired to a normal phone - i thought htc touch pros processor should be FASTER than a normal phone, so why the lag?) not to mention the screen is pathetically small which is useless and that u cannot map ur keys (and the pro has A LOT of damn keys! lol)

there's a lot of nice games on jar that i would love to have on my htc touch pro.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Menneisyys
Hi, is there a java midp2 emulator program which you can play jar games (the ones that run awesome on sony ericsson phones - www.gameloft.com - various games).

There is some java aps on htc that ive tried such as esmertec and that already installed jblend for the htc touch pro, but they are limited to what you can do, they load slow for some reason (compaired to a normal phone - i thought htc touch pros processor should be FASTER than a normal phone, so why the lag?) not to mention the screen is pathetically small which is useless and that u cannot map ur keys (and the pro has A LOT of damn keys! lol)

there's a lot of nice games on jar that i would love to have on my htc touch pro.

Have you read my button redefining bible?

Guest twolf

I dont uderstand what you ment by bible and im sorry if stepping out of my way, but...

I hated java games all my life, mostly because of their slowliness and lack of response to the keys, also because of the inability to accept multiple keys (like up+right at the same time to jump right, for example). Not to mention the poor small graphics and very small game size in levels.

I understand that it was because of the cpu/ram/storage limitations of older devices on the past, but the games should have evolved accordingly. Then theres the problem with screens sizes and incompatibilities...

Anyway, all this to demonstrate why I wasnt at all interested in java games in the past, but recently there have been a few screenshots that led me to try java again...

The new java games with graphic filters, 3D and touchscreen abilities make up for those ugly games in the past...

So I'd advice Esmertec Jbed to run the games in fullscreen and always get the correct JAR to your screen size.

The java manager, changed to run from the SD card:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=486697

(20080912.5.1 is not the latest version, but seems to be the most compatible out there)

The ones Im playing right now:

Zombie Infection

Castle of Magic

Farcry 2

Mummy 3

Night at the Museum 2

Prince of Persia Classic

Soul of Darkness

One small issue, older java games may need the left and right softkeys, that not all the devices out there have (its my case on the touch dual), this is usually a hint that the game is too old to be any good. <_<

Edited by twolf