WIN an unlocked G1 Android phone with MoDaCo and Palringo

Guest PaulOBrien

468x60.png

img_features_services.png

I am delighted to announce that we have a winner!

Congratulations to Palringo member 'Vazguard', who wins a brand new Android powered G1 courtesy of Palringo! :excl:

Commiserations to all those who joined up and didn't win, I hope we continue to see you in the group (and hope you continue to enjoy using Palringo)... stay tuned for more competitions in the future! :excl:

P

MoDaCo and Palringo are proud to announce that we are giving away an unlocked G1 Android phone, perfect for running the new Android release of Palringo on!

What is Palringo?

Palringo allows you to instantly exchange text, photos, and vocal IMs with groups or individuals!
  • Palringo enables you to talk to all your contacts, whether they're using AOL® Instant Messenger®, Google Talk™, Yahoo!® Messenger®, Gadu-Gadu, ICQ®, Jabber® or Windows Live. You can also use Palringo to contact friends using iChat®, Apple's IM application.
  • Sending the same message to several people takes time and costs money, right? Not any more. Set up a group - people in your street or across the world, or both - and send one message, to all of them. Type it, speak it, picture it
  • Palringo works on just about every phone under two years old, on all Windows-based PCs, and on all Apple Macs. You certainly don't need an expensive new handset. No-one gets left out with Palringo as it works anywhere in the World.
  • On a bus, or in a library? Stick with typing. But running for a bus, or crossing the road - or need someone to really know what you feel? Hold down the 'push to talk' key and send them a voice message. Wish they could see this? Now they can: one click, and they're receiving the photo already.
  • If you choose to display your location then using Palringo, then it will update your status with your current location as and when it changes. That's great for meeting up with a group, or for reassuring people of your safety and whereabouts.
  • Palringo is free to download, there are no subscription fees and no hidden or other monthly charges. The exact cost of use depends on your data package - but just 1MB of data is good for up to 15 minutes of voice messages, 32 pictures or 100,000 words of text!

Where can I get it?

Palringo can be downloaded for FREE from this link. Once downloaded and installed, you can start adding your favourite IM services, and joining groups that you find of interest. (i'm in 'modaco' and 'formula1' right now...)

Great! Now how do I get a chance to win that G1?

It REALLY couldn't be easier! Simply install Palringo on your device, login and join the 'MoDaCo' group. Say a quick hello (MoDaCo / Palringo staff will be loitering in there to welcome you on your arrival) and that's it - you're entered in the competition!

Anything else I need to know?

The competition closes at midnight BST on the 24th May 2009, so you need to complete the above by then, but aside from that - it couldn't be easier! The competition is open to YOU, wherever you live on the planet!

See you on Palringo soon! :excl:

P

Guest Shuflie

This open for people who are already registered then or not? Haven't got round to putting palringo on my new phone yet so this might just give me another reason to get the finger out :excl:

This open for people who are already registered then or not? Haven't got round to putting palringo on my new phone yet so this might just give me another reason to get the finger out :excl:

It is open to new and existing people who visit the MoDaCo group in the next month! :excl:

P

Guest gophergun
It is open to new and existing people who visit the MoDaCo group in the next month! :excl:

P

Woop, glad to see I don't have to re-register :excl:

Guest Kchrpm

Installed it, had fun messing with the imagebot in the modaco room, but didn't feel like bothering with a program that was still broken (it randomly crashed on me 3 times in the hour or 2 that I was there; no error message, no warning, typing a message and it's gone). I'll stick with a OctroTalk :excl: (which, to be fair, is not a free app)

Guest poloa

Paul, concerning Parlingo, i use Yahoo Voice to call overseas, can this program work with Yahoo Voice or will i need to switch to Google talk? THANKS

Guest bjeffery

Installed, registered, logged in and messages a few people with the "staff, mod" tag. No response from anyone yet. I am enjoying the chat though.

Guest Monolithix

It's a multi-service client, so use it for MSN/ICQ/AIM/Gtalk etc. It also offers group-talk too, if you have a group of friends you want to stay connected to. A few of us from the forum hang out in the modaco group (most active time is during GMT office hours, btw), where we chat about all sorts :D

Guest famewolf
I can honestly say I use Palringo all day every day without a single crash... any other Advantage users care to comment?

P

Paul, I joined the group today...do I have to stay IN the group to get counted or was that enough?

Guest Mike Blitz
You just need to say hi :D (But we're interesting people if you want to hang around, honest!) :lol:

I'm an old time member from 2006 when I got my first Pocket PC (Vario II) and I remember this having a great community and helpful members so i'm back again after the reminder I just got.

Guest ArcticFox

Do you have to connect using a mobile device or can i connect via the windows client?

I dont have internet on my phone.

Guest robotphood

Palringo is pretty stable for me but I wish they'd change up the WM interface. Not finger friendly and they could definitely use space more efficiently. Beejive on Palringo service would be perfect!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.