25 replies to this topic

UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:TyTYN II
Happy happy happy happy happy happy joy joy :D

Phoned O2 again, worded things a bit differently and got them to change my plan to a £35 a month including unlimited data!

Woo!! Thanks Paul :lol:

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,179 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Haha, there ya go! :D

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Shuflie

Shuflie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Shuflie

Wait, SMS when abroad is included in your allowance? How does that work if you have the unlimited bolt on?

*confused*

P

When you're on O2 in UK any SMSs you send come out of the unlimited bolt-on, the 500 included messages will never get touched. When you're abroad only the 500 included messages can be used and combined to send SMS or MMS messages. Not very clear on the O2 website, but if you give CS a call they can explain it all to you.

Posted Image

jontelfer

jontelfer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:Desire HD
I went through the bolt-on change successfully for my Touch HD - changed it within 24hrs. A month later when I get the bill I find there's a £12.55 added extra bolt-on. Phoned up to query it and they gave all sorts of answers relating to it being a CPW tarriff and that I should speak to mobiles.co.uk, or pay an extra £7.50. Stuck to my guns as I'd not opened the SIM until I'd heard back from them about the bolt-on change, and that this was O2's mis-advice/cock up. In the end a manager is changing th tarriff back to what was originally planned i.e. bolt-on swap to mobile data.

So get the details of the person that changes the bolt-on and write it on the bill because it might all come back in the month 1 bill.

I guess that there's an incentive for mobiles to sell the text bolt on rather than data?

Jon

Every person appearing in my Dropbox referrals list will get a free speedboat or small family saloon*:

Speedboat or Car

*once the cash from my Nigerian goldmine owning ancestor clears in my account

UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:TyTYN II
Hmm, this is a bit worrying, but the reason that I got the O2 rep to email confirmation...how much weight it will hold I don't know....we'll see in just under a month I guess :D

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
I've had no issues, nor has Alex (nedge). Remember people are happier to post about their bad experiences than good!

I still exist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users