No more X1?

Guest chonkey

Guest chonkey

After much internet browsing - and being hacked off by t-mobile's outrageous demands for £180 for a vario iv upgrade - I had kind of settled on replacing my vario iii with an X1.

Went to my local vodafone store (SW1) and there was no X1 on display. One of the assistants asked if they could help, I asked to see a working X1 and was told they had had so many issues, the unit had been pulled by vodafone and SE. The shop had received no new stock in 2 months.

To his credit, the guy did get an x1 out of the back and I had a bit of a fiddle, not terribly impressed by the keyboard though.. Shame, I really wanted to like it.

Hey ho, back to the drawing board..

After much internet browsing - and being hacked off by t-mobile's outrageous demands for £180 for a vario iv upgrade - I had kind of settled on replacing my vario iii with an X1.

Went to my local vodafone store (SW1) and there was no X1 on display. One of the assistants asked if they could help, I asked to see a working X1 and was told they had had so many issues, the unit had been pulled by vodafone and SE. The shop had received no new stock in 2 months.

To his credit, the guy did get an x1 out of the back and I had a bit of a fiddle, not terribly impressed by the keyboard though.. Shame, I really wanted to like it.

Hey ho, back to the drawing board..

That's odd, it's available through the Vodafone website. Sounds like it was one of those little white lies they can tell - if the phone you want is out of stock, talk you into buying something else instead :D

Guest chonkey
That's odd, it's available through the Vodafone website. Sounds like it was one of those little white lies they can tell - if the phone you want is out of stock, talk you into buying something else instead :D

Thats indeed what I thought. I said you could get it on the website, he said you could but he wouldnt recommend it.

Bizarrely, the bloke didnt try to sell me anything else, seemed quite apologetic about a lack of a decent tytn 2 replacement.

Different to most sales people....

Guest psionandy
Thats indeed what I thought. I said you could get it on the website, he said you could but he wouldnt recommend it.

Bizarrely, the bloke didnt try to sell me anything else, seemed quite apologetic about a lack of a decent tytn 2 replacement.

Different to most sales people....

I went into our local voda store last fiday... I asked for a touch screen smartphone (to give him the chance to sell me a wm device or their new android thingy)

I was told that the omnia and x1 were both end of life with new stock expected.

They had no idea how much the Android phone would cost and they couldn't find out

so he said there was nothing they could offer me..

Guest Actual

The X1 might be listed on the Vodafone website but if you call Vodafone for an upgrade then they can't sell you an X1.

• 1 month later...
Guest slotracer

Don't know wich country your trying to buy it at the Vodafone website, but here in Holland they have enough in stock. Just ordered one. No stories about end of life or what so ever.

Guest David Strange

The Xperia has disappeared from the Vodafone website in the UK. What a shame, I think it is a really top bunny phone.

David.